SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Hey, just yesterday I went into a home health patients home, and she was sure someone had put the bad mojo on her. Right by her couch on the end table was a broken eggshell and the egg in a glass. Yep, right before I got there she had passed the egg all over her body and then broken it into the glass to remove the bad spirits! Possibly Thursday she will be feeling better. All praise the power of the Egg. :notworthy:

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't laugh when my first was just a baby she had high fevers that could not be explained. Out of the blue an old woman walked up to me in the grocery store and said she had a curse on her, and to pass an egg all over her and place the egg under her crib for the night. Then the next morning to crack the egg open and if there was a red dot in the yoke then the spirit was gone....I don't know why but I did this and sure enough the egg had a red dot in it. It freaked me out and I cracked all the eggs in the cartoon to see if any others had a dot, none did. Her fever was also gone. Freaky!!!

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
21stTNCav said:
Hey, just yesterday I went into a home health patients home, and she was sure someone had put the bad mojo on her.

Well, if that doesn't work then it's time for some serious Arkie medical science: tell her to put a pair of scissors under her bed to cut the pain! :thumbsup:

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
txkickergirl said:
don't laugh when my first was just a baby she had high fevers that could not be explained. Out of the blue an old woman walked up to me in the grocery store and said she had a curse on her, and to pass an egg all over her and place the egg under her crib for the night. Then the next morning to crack the egg open and if there was a red dot in the yoke then the spirit was gone....I don't know why but I did this and sure enough the egg had a red dot in it. It freaked me out and I cracked all the eggs in the cartoon to see if any others had a dot, none did. Her fever was also gone. Freaky!!!

Hey Dawn, if your still feeling sick, there is your answer. You gotta egge it up tonight before ya go to bed!!! :laughing9:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my cultural upbringing and experience, a few: Owls are a bad sign. (Pretty true) A bird flying into the house means someone will die. (Don't know) Twisting an overall strap protects you from lightning. (Didn't for me) Turning a dead snake upside down will make it rain. (Very true; don't even mess with that one, though) Don't drink milk while eating fish. (Don't know, but I don't do it) A combination of the colors red and black will protect you from violent storms. (Definitely worked for me) Never, ever, give away a knife, even as a present. You must be paid for it, even if only a token payment. (Don't know about that one, but I never ever cross it, cause my uncle told me that.) Finally, a black cat crossing in front of me will probably get run over, cause I got that ABS, and you can't stop on a dime with that.

K

Kentucky Kache

I had a grandmother who claimed she could cure burns. She would blow on the area while saying, or thinking secret words. I remember seeing her do it, but I don't remember if anyone was ever cured. The "secret" could only be passed to certain ones, but I don't remember how it all went.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and warts. A long time ago a doctor would give you money and buy your warts from you and they magically went away. There is that one verse in the Bible you can recite that stops bleeding. You recite it while applying pressure to the wound, and it seems to work.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
In my cultural upbringing and experience, a few: Owls are a bad sign. (Pretty true) A bird flying into the house means someone will die. (Don't know) Twisting an overall strap protects you from lightning. (Didn't for me) Turning a dead snake upside down will make it rain. (Very true; don't even mess with that one, though) Don't drink milk while eating fish. (Don't know, but I don't do it) A combination of the colors red and black will protect you from violent storms. (Definitely worked for me) Never, ever, give away a knife, even as a present. You must be paid for it, even if only a token payment. (Don't know about that one, but I never ever cross it, cause my uncle told me that.) Finally, a black cat crossing in front of me will probably get run over, cause I got that ABS, and you can't stop on a dime with that.

I had heard a an owl out side your window at night hooting means a death.
We do the knife thing, you have to give a penny for it
I have heard about the snake and rain..might have to try that for the next drought

Never heard the overall strap, I will have to tell my dad that one.

as kids we use to lift our feet on the school bus when going over railroad tracks, so we would marry our true love
and also twisting the apple steam to the alphabit because it was suppose to snap off on your true loves letter...must be something to that one because mine always broke on J--my first boyfriend was John, my first husbands name was Johnnie, and my current husbands name is Jerry. My mom use to tell me "can't you get off of dating guys with the letter J.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The incredible onion, if you suffer from a cold, flu, or fever try cutting the onion in half, stick a fork in one end and place it in a open jar next to your bed believe it or not in the morning the bottom will have turned black. from the bacteria in the air. also for athletes foot your own urine will take it away. so pee away

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
my dad brought up 2 girls and a boy...and he would get very concerned about once a month for the girls not to eat fish and drink milk....also milk and cherries....it was suppose to really hurt girls at least that is what his mom had always told him....I ate the fish and drank the milk and had cherry pie with milk poured on it just to show him we wouldn't die...It had something to do with a girls cycle....beats me...could never figure it out to this day. Sort of like not swimming if you just ate....I don't swim well anyway because I can actually walk on the bottom of the pool...so I had nothing to loose on that one either...LOL

that is a really really weird one.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting..the things you learn and the culture behind them. Honestly I have never thought to eat milk and fish together, just seems like it would be yucky, but then again at the kids school they serve fish sticks and you get milk at lunch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread