Get Any Trick or Treaters?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    59 times

Get Any Trick or Treaters?

I haven't had any in 10yrs.I miss them.Use to have lots of fun with them when we lived in town.Back in the 70's we lived in town and had a tree next to the sidewalk with a real low limb.Had an old white cat and she would lay on that limb and hang a paw down when the kids walked by.I use to tell the kids that was my albino black cat.Some would believe and then I'd get some uh-uh's from others.Wife would spend two-three days making treats up.Wish we could turn the clock back more than an hour.

us
    Mar 2009
    379 times

Re: Get Any Trick or Treaters?

Oh I know what you mean! We live on a rural road, so we wouldn't get many anyway, but it is so sad to read the local newspapers of these very small towns around here, and see how most of the candy is handed out downtown because of safety concerns, fewer and fewer people can believe it's safe to take their children to the neighbors house. Very sadly, that's understandable. I miss the days of "The Great Pumkin" too. However, we did wake up to this in our yard:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	halloween09.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	341693  

us
    Apr 2007
    N.E. of Atlanta

Come to my neighborhood! I had 76 trick or treaters last night. I enjoyed most of them, but found that only about half said "thank you" .. Some really good costumes this year, most looked homemade. Naturegirl, I give out really good candy(lots of Reese's cup, Hershey's, kit kat's) as a bribe to the kids so they wont tp or egg my house. So far so good .. Good luck, Gpurs..

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3389 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

due to the lil girl being grabbed locally and killed --somer --- no treat or treaters this year ---folks were scared to let their kids go out with real "monsters" on the prowl

us
    Jan 2007
    Mountain View, OK
    Garrett Ace 250
    5 times

We had a lot of kids this year. I live in a rural town, so it was not uncommon to see groups of two or three kids walking together.

As far as egging and TPing...it is part of it. I have never been hit......but I did my fair share of it as a teen. Easy way to get the tp off is to hit it with a water hose for a while. I also noticed quite a few homemade costumes last night as well.
    "You should never take life too seriously....you are never going to get out alive." Van Wilder.

us
    Mar 2009
    379 times

Gspurs and LIBRAlabSOLDIER

We think we know the tricksters, and they are very much "40something"! I've been laughing all morning. I enjoyed the innocent ribbing. It'll take a few carmel cappachinos to keep this from happening again, just a handful of candy won't do. Do they make candy-corn cappuchinos?

ng
    (Harmless fun everyone needs some!)

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    7109 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Everybody passes out candy here on Main Street. It's not so much a safety concern, but there's so many second home owners who aren't here and lots of condos and apartment bldgs., and lots of folks who just don't want kids trampin thru the yard. Me and the grandson were banned by the police from goin out due to a tp incident the night before, but we snuck out anyway.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

gb
    Oct 2009
    Devon
    Whites XLT

I'm hoping to hire this fella next year to scare the little buggers off!!( I don't think my son was scared somehow).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plymouth city centre 2009.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	341750  
    Crime Stoppers  See it... Report it...Stop it

Jul 2005
    Napoleon MI 49201
    Garrett
    31 times

@ my great grandaughters. Bob

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Great ,kids are great. 30$ worth of candy and alot of thank yous Had some fun towards eve and told the kids we were honoring Obama halloween and asked if we could take there candy and give it to kids who dident have any. sorry to say the looks were priceless and had no takers. Whats up with that?

us
    Jan 2008
    USA
    Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
    1 times

We had about 50 this year, were I use to live we would easily get 300 to 400.

us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    10 times

I felt a sort of awkwardness when I looked out my window and saw a mom and dad taking there [probably 3 year old kids, two of them] down the street around 5 o'clock with the sun still out. Maybe that's just too young? No kids of my own so I don't know.

pg
    my favourite food is witchetty grubs

Jul 2008
    hound dog
    3 times

Naturegirl, in your post #1 here, is that an open sewer running through your property.
    I havn't visited rural US , but have spent time in India and Indonesia,
    that's why I wondered.
    I freed my mind when I left god behind

us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    59 times

Quote Originally Posted by mikeofaustin
    I felt a sort of awkwardness when I looked out my window and saw a mom and dad taking there [probably 3 year old kids, two of them] down the street around 5 o'clock with the sun still out. Maybe that's just too young? No kids of my own so I don't know.
    That's one of the best ages!

us
    Apr 2006
    Tennessee/Texas
    Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by warsawdaddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeofaustin
    That's one of the best ages!
    Yeah, It's one of the best ages, for the parents. I lie with you not, they show up to trick or treat with children in strollers. Most of the kids really don't get it until 5yrs old. Sure, they get excited about it at 3, but they really don't get why they are putting a costume on. It's mostly about the parents or grandparents if they taking their 3yr old out. Of course this being said, I would rather have a child being taken trick or treating too young as to have them not trick or treat at all. Happy post Halloween.
    Arooooooo Wolf Pack

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links