Man vs. Food 190lb monster burger challenge

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Events like this should be shunned by the Christian and caring viewer.
With millions existing on a dollar a day, with many Americans homeless and bankrupt,
with more fighting obesity problems,
this example of gluttony is disgraceful and stupid.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
piggy said:
With millions existing on a dollar a day, with many Americans homeless and bankrupt,

I'm not Christian, but I completely agree.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
mcgearhead said:
I did not even click to watch. I don't get into stuff like this. That's what is wrong with the world today, especially here in Amerika. We like to live in over excessiveness with everything. If someone wants a heart attack, then let them eat this. The problem that I do have with this type of behaviour, is that the rest of us Americans will have to pay for your poor health due to your lack of commen sense.
Exactly right Mac, and this applies to all preventable diseases.

http://healthhabits.wordpress.com/2009/05/05/the-top-12-preventable-causes-of-death/

According to a new study by Harvard public health researchers, the leading preventable risk factors for premature death in the United States are:

Smoking: 467,000 deaths.

High blood pressure: 395,000 deaths.
Overweight-obesity: 216,000 deaths.
Inadequate physical activity and inactivity: 191,000 deaths.
High blood sugar: 190,000 deaths.
High LDL cholesterol: 113,000 deaths.
High dietary salt: 102,000 deaths.
Low dietary omega-3 fatty acids (seafood): 84,000 deaths.
High dietary trans fatty acids: 82,000 deaths.
Alcohol use: 64,000 deaths.
Low intake of fruits and vegetables: 58,000 deaths.
Low dietary poly-unsaturated fatty acids: 15,000 deaths.

This study is the most comprehensive look at how diet, lifestyle and various other chronic disease risk factors contribute to mortality in the U.S.

And it produced some interesting observations:

Smoking is responsible for approximately 20% of all deaths in the U.S.
High blood pressure is responsible for 1 in 6 deaths
Obesity + physical inactivity = 407,000 deaths per year ≈ 17% of all deaths

High blood pressure kills 5x as many women as breast cancer
70% of the alcohol related deaths happened to men…way to go guys
High blood sugar killed 3x as many people as alcohol
2/3 of the deaths attributed to high blood sugar, obesity and high blood pressure occurred in only 10-33% of the overall population.
1,051,000 deaths can be attributed to poor dietary choices. That’s 45% of all deaths.

Maybe you should print this out and stick it to your fridge.

I would also add that driving without a seat belt and driving unroadworthy vehicles is a selfish act.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
piggy said:

I agree with TT!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as the health issue statements ....... Nobody forces unhealthy people to eat unhealthy, it's a choice. Personally, I love a big juicy burger :thumbsup:

OK maybe not THAT big, but ...........

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
... on the other end of the shtick... it probably tastes like garbage. I mean, how can you season something like that, or even cut it up for that matter.

I can see if they flattened it out to be divided up like a pizza, but you couldn't cut this up at all.!!!!

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
baspinall said:
As far as the health issue statements ....... Nobody forces unhealthy people to eat unhealthy, it's a choice. Personally, I love a big juicy burger :thumbsup:

OK maybe not THAT big, but ...........
I do as well but one I make myself with kangaroo meat and other healthy tasty fresh ingredients
in a wholemeal sesame seed bun dripping with nutritious sauces, not cloying fat.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I've seen some of his other shows on the Travel Channel. He does make a living being a glutton, the biggest, the hottest, etc. He wouldn't be doing it if people didn't cheer him on.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
I saw this program and no person could eat that burger. He bussed in a group of people, several pro football players, to help him with this burger.
Look, I do not agree with the gluttony that our country exhibits today, but we have a problem with the problems it creates being a liability to the taxpayer, therefore the philosophy that the Government should do something about it exist. That is a bunch BULL POOP!!! The Government created this problem. If our Government was not paying for so much health care then you could let individuals who eat bad pay their own price. It is like Seat Belts. Yes, driving without one is selfish, and foolish. Since when was being stupid against the law??? Who does not wearing the seatbelt hurt? That's right, the person not wearing it, not other drivers, and it cannot even potently hurt them. The old fall back for this infringement of liberty is that it will cost the taxpayer more if this person is injured in a crash. Well, let's be honest. If one were to crash the fatality rate is astronomical for those not wearing a seatbelt. The result of Death is quite cheap in medical care, in fact it is absolutely cost free from medical care.(the morgue may charge some). Eating like a pig or driving without a seat belt is a personal choice. The problem is our society is a enabler. We promote bad behavior then try and fine it!!! Are we Schizo!!! LET PEOPLE DO AS THEY WISH, AND STOP PAYING FOR THEIR MISTAKES!!! DON'T TRY AND STOP THEIR BEHAVIOR, STOP ENABLING IT!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions