All Treasure Hunting

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Re: Meaning of "too big to fail"

Immy said:
I always thought it meant "they're such a big company that it's not possible for them to fail" but I realized it could also mean "they're such an important company that we can't allow them to fail." Which is it?

I always took it as the 2nd. A company so big, employing so many, and such an integral part of the American society that it would be devastating to allow it to fail.

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,

If you are referring to a company like Ford or GM. I feel sorry for the workers but we still have the other company.
If you would be talking about Wally World who is trying to monopolize the market. Let them fail. I miss the smaller chains and the bargains thru competition.
Nothing is to big to fail. Some get to big and are doomed to failure. Others need to fail. But mostly the fault of failure is greed and forgeting who made you big.

JMO
Joe

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft

It just means the Bankers have the Politicians by the Short Hairs!!!! :tongue3:

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

I'd like to extend it to countries ,"too big to fail" is especially relevant to the USA as
the "free world" depends upon America for its security and the communist world for
its growth.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

mcgearhead said:
piggy said:
I'd like to extend it to countries ,"too big to fail" is especially relevant to the USA as
the "free world" depends upon America for its security and the communist world for
its growth.

And just who may I ask will feed the world when the U.S. fails ?
Uh ?
I assume you mean that being a food bowl is to be ADDED to my list.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

True, but some could say it's the farmer subsidies creating the EXCESS, and these countries can't afford to buy , others say the US DUMPS its excess at reduced prices.
Others say it's like BUYING friends and votes( and mineral rights). The Chinese do it a lot.

All this is another controversial topic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread