Breaking News: Mass shooting at Ft Hood Texas?

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I have no insight into this man's mind or religious beliefs at this point, but I do remember reading somewhere that psychiatrists have one of the highest rates of suicide in the U.S., followed closely by police. Which, in my mind, means they go bonkers at a higher rate than the ordinary bricklayer. Someone knew he didn't want to go to Iraq. When someone gets him/herself "worked up" over something, they might do anything. People kill people everyday because they get mentally unbalanced. His being a Muslim, at this point to me, has nothing to do with what he did. He flipped out over his impending assignment. Maybe time will tell me differently, but he didn't do the ordinary things a "jihadist" does, like enlist others to assist him, man himself with bombs to take out civilians around him, or leave a committee to say he did it for Islam. He armed himself and shot people, probably knowing the MPs or someone would take him out. When it was reported there were two other suspects being held, I considered it a plot, but those suspects were released, leaving him alone as the gunman. It was a suicide mission for him, sure, but to me he was just another mentally ill person who made a good front to others, but couldn't handle life. My condolences to the victims, their families and to his family as well. Such a tragedy.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose his religious affiliation will come out in court, and they'll use that as a smoke screen. If I was in court, we're gonna bring up my religious upbringin and how they kicked me out because my hair touched my ears. There's bad folks everywhere, folks; religion is just an excuse to fall back on.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
I am a Solider of the United States Of America. Trained in Ft Sill on the Pershing II Missile system, deployed to Germany for over 2 years, back to Ft Sill for 2 more years, Tennessee National Guard as soon as I ETSed for 6 years as a M1 Tanker. I am not active now, and have not been since 1997, but the Friends I made, the love of country I have is as strong today as it was when I signed up and became a Solider. Even though not active I will forever be a Solider. I feel the pain of my comrads in arms, and it hurts to the core. I know there is a lot of info out there right now, some true, some not. Since we are at war with a Islamic controlled country I can understand the suspicion that this could be a Muslim extremist plot, but that is not supported by facts and remains a "could be". Although my "antenna" is up, I hope no one jumps to conclusions. The Jury cannot be out regarding this because it is so fresh the Jury has not been formed. I reserve my conclusions regarding this matter for a time when I have more information. Please, for the sake of all involved, show discretion and patience, please. :sad11:

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said, many of you! As a service-connected, disabled-retired Army vet, I understand and empathize with the dead, wounded
and their families!!! Prayers to all!!!
Being from the Lebanon era of service, I also have experience with Islamic radicalism. While I don't know what the deal was with Major Hassan, no matter what his motivation I have nothing but contempt for his cowardly and despicable acts!!! There must be a special place in Hell for such evil %$&#@s!!

I DO know not all Muslims are militant, and there needs to always be a distinction made. For those of you not familiar with the religion, allow me to point out how studying the Quran will demonstrate dramatically the difference between 'extremist' Muslims and 'tolerant' Muslims.

Muhammad wrote the first part of the Quran while in Mecca. He spent some thirteen years there, his writings characterized by tolerance, spirituality and exhortations to lead good lives. He lived a life of prayer, fasting and worship; never mentioning "jihad", he espoused peaceful coexistence with Jews and Christians. He basically had to leave Mecca when he encountered opposition to his negative views on the idolatry of the Kaaba.
He said Allah told him to relocate and he took his 150 or so followers to Medina. In Medina, Muhammad began to build an army, and as his power increased, his message began to change. His writings became increasingly militant and he began to express intolerance for opposing beliefs and conversion at sword point. He began to follow a revelation of jihad and even led some twenty-seven military attacks on 'infidels'.
So for the first part of his adult life, Muhammad was a preacher (610-622). In the second half, he became a violent extremist (622-632).
Now the Quran is not arranged chronologically, rather, the longest verses (suras) are placed first. Out of the 114 suras composing the Quran, 90 were written while in Mecca, and the other 24 in Medina. Militant extremists say that "later" revelations 'replace' earlier ones, so basically Allah "changed his mind' and annulled the earlier 'tolerant' suras, supplanting them with ones that say to "slay the idolaters....." and "fight against those....who believe not in Allah....". Muhammad confirmed this in the Hadith, where he said he was "ordered" by Allah "to fight the people until they say: 'None has the right to be worshiped but Allah' ." This abrogation of older suras I believe is referred to as "Nasikh".
Non-extremists put emphasis on the Mecca writings of Muhammad, and radicals concentrate on the Medina 'revelations'.
So basically, when he was weak and not very popular, he was okay with other beliefs. But when he obtained power and support, he became violently intolerant. There are only two "Abodes" to radical Muslims; Dar al Islam and Dar al Harb (war).
If you aren't under Muslim control, you are at war. So it's either convert or die. There is no other option. Allah's will is to be forced upon humanity if not freely accepted. And the conflict is the infidel's fault because of the immoral and disordered nature of non-Islamic controlled society.
Interestingly enough, "belief" is not the primary consideration to Extremist Muslims, "behavior" is. If you do what you are supposed to as a Muslim, that is what's important.
And anything Extremists do is "Allah's will", and is automatically "ethical". Anything that disagrees with or disobeys "Allah's will" is unethical. Extremists want to wipe all nonextremist-Muslims off the face of the earth, and they don't care about giving non-Muslims a chance to convert and avoid "Hell".

Non-extremist Muslims put emphasis on the Mecca revelations and respect the sacredness of life, security, and peace. They believe Islamic 'rules of war' prohibit targeting civilians/non-combatants and suicide is prohibited because no-one but God has the right to take the life he has given. They believe you fight only in self-defense.
I have a good friend who is a Muslim, and terrorism is as abhorrent to him as it is to me! We don't agree on the 'change' in Muhammad from Mecca to Medina, but we absolutely agree that he didn't advocate terrorism and "haraba"...............

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Cyber, how do we know who is what? Thanks for the lesson and insight into Islamic beliefs.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I get one message from this ; Muhammad changed from non-violent to a violent Jihadist,
therefore any other Muslim can also.
Looking at the background of terrorists before they "flipped" we see they were also peace loving young men.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
jeff of pa said:
My Problem is there is a Good Chance
We Have some Muslem Friends here at treasureNet.
And Feel there is No reason they should
Be lumped in with anyperson
or Group who wishes Anyone Harm.
For Any Reason

It would certainly be nice to hear from them, and to hear them publicly denounce the actions of this individual.

Jay

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate Speach has one Meaning.

I Don't care where they are From,
Or what they Believe in or Don't Believe in
for that Matter.

Maybe it's Because I Have No Religon at all,
that I Don't Hate him Either & Just Feel sorry for him.
and everyone involved,
but As far as I'm concerned Preaching Hate
towards anyone
on TreasureNet is Wrong

(Maybe I should be Amish )

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been reported that he was about to deploy to Afghanistan for the first time and was only in the Army to get the medical education at tax payer expense. He was at Walter Reed, got a "poor performance" evaluation, was sent to Ft. Hood, and was going to be going to theater.
Was trying to hire a lawyer to get out of the Army, maybe pay the Army back for the educational degree. It was a no-go. So, being the weasel pansy he was, he went on a murder spree.
However, I heard on the news this morning that officials have begun looking into his background and are uncovering evidence of him posting radical statements about suicide bombers and such.
Still too early to be definitive about anything except prayers for the families.

Scott

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yikes. I wish my story wasn't online for all to read! 8)

Seriously though - just yesterday, I was telling my girlfriend...

"Why were we so able to call communism, an ideology, evil, yet, we are unable to label another ideology, Islam, one that urges it's followers to wage Jehad against non-believers, as equally evil?"

Personally, I think we should DEPORT THEM ALL. PERIOD. If you are a devout Muslim, GO HOME. (Mecca, or Medina, or SOME OTHER PLACE OTHER THAN THE U.S. - OR the U.K.!)

My French girlfriend was deported a few years ago, while I was at the airport, waiting for her to de-plane, I sat there and watched while Pakistanis, and other Islamic people were able to stroll right off the plane without issues.

Anyway, that's enough of my ranting for now.

God bless all those effected by this tragedy.

Marc

p.s., it's a little strange.... just this morning - before I heard the tragic news, I was lying in bed thinking about "the writings" One phrase reads "time good now for Marc to get what he wants while on job at arms will be called aerotec laugh now but will be given the opportunity and do not blow it". (I have the originals) I was NOT at that particular session, in fact, I only read that phrase several years after the session... but around that time, I had tried to join the Navy, so I looked at my tests, (I scored in the top 4%) I was STUNNED. That session was one week BEFORE I took my tests, where I was offered the position of "AX". I would have been flying on awacs (or other hi tech planes) searching for submarines. If THAT'S not aerotec, I do NOT know what is! Then I started thinking about what that was - a TRUE prophecy... so one needs to ask himself, what is the difference between a true prophet and a false prophet? A true prophet's prophecies come TRUE! Yes, I have seen some things. AYE YAI YAI.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just heard that HASAN hollered out "Ala Acbar! before he started shooting our servicemen!

S

Smee

He was shot and subdued by a WOMAN without being killed.

I know that there are women who can go toe to toe with any man. I married the daughter of one of them, so don't think I am being insulting with the above statement.

I made it because in the Jihadists' eyes, it is considered an insult and sign of weakness.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Nothing stood out about Hasan as a radical or extremist, Khan said."

Wolf in sheep's clothing?

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Just an observation----------------------------The armed forces trains their soldiers that they send overseas to fight in wars to kill the enemy. That is opposite of what they have been taught, by parents, teachers, and religion, for 18+ years, until they get the training------------- to kill their own kind--humans.

Under severe stress and unknown state of mind and due to to circumstances most of us can't even imagine( like being in war under constant fire and the effects of chemical warfare)......isn't it amazing that more soldiers haven't "gone off their rockers" than they have???????

OP
OP
Jimmy(PA)

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Allowing Muslims in the U.S. military has already come back to bite us several times, anyone recall the Muslim soldiers who early on in the Iraq War threw a grenade into a command tent killing a few soldiers. I realize this country has become P.C. and the Muslim's use it against us but I know if I was a soldier in combat I would not want someone loyal to the enemy next to me. Fool me once shame on you..... How can a true Muslim have loyalty to both the US military?

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Marc said:
"Why were we so able to call communism, an ideology, evil, yet, we are unable to label another ideology, Islam, one that urges it's followers to wage Jehad against non-believers, as equally evil?"

Personally, I think we should DEPORT THEM ALL. PERIOD. If you are a devout Muslim, GO HOME. (Mecca, or Medina, or SOME OTHER PLACE OTHER THAN THE U.S. - OR the U.K.!)

Careful Marc, that kind of talk will get you deleted.

OP
OP
Jimmy(PA)

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
prospector40 said:
maybe so, but agree with marc

I agree with Marc also.

Top Member Reactions