So my client says "I dont thing your commited"....

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
So my client says "I don't thing your commited"....

I got a call from a client about 2 weeks ago and I told him straight up that we were very busy, and it doesn't look like we'd be able to start on his project for at least 2 weeks. A week goes by and he calls me again expressing his interest in the start date... I told him "1 week and it looks like were good to go". a weeks goes by and I send him a brief email saying, "were still real busy, but it looks like we'll either start it on this Friday as estimated, or on Monday". he sends an email back saying, "I'm starting to wonder if your even committed to this project".

Geez.... i was almost ready to tell him to go fishing...

BUT, the best thing you can do in these circumstances is send a message back saying, "I appreciate your enthusiasm. I still looks like we're still on target to get started on your project on date I told you that we would probably start it. The estimates that I gave you 2 weeks ago is still on target".

Geez!

edit: i forgot to mention that he called about 3 times a week to get that same information.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: So my client says "I don't thing your commited"....

Welcome to the world of business. :D

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540

Its nice when you are in position to pick and choose, land the biggest fish. But remember, it doesn't take much for the tables to turn. The small fish have long memories. JJ

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As a business owner myself, I've found the general public to be ig no rant, abusive, demanding, and cheapskates. (always wanting to get a break or a huge discount.) Keep in mind, I said general public; not a universal instantiation.

A great sense of diplomacy goes a long way.

Scott

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

You did the wrong thing Mike. Who needs headaches and stress to shorten your life.
Stress is a known killer.
In the past when I had a "potentially" difficult client that I thought would cause more
problems down the track, then I declined the business.
When he said that you weren't committed this should have raised a flag that this guy
is never going to be satisfied, will find an excuse to under pay you, will waste your time
with empty promises of future work , etc.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

piggy said:
You did the wrong thing Mike. Who needs headaches and stress to shorten your life.
In the past when I had a "potentially" difficult client that I thought would cause more
When he said that you weren't committed this should have raised a flag that this guy
is never going to be satisfied, will find an excuse to under pay you, will waste your time

I agree.
When a customer is cranky and abusive from jump street, think twice about whether you want the headaches...
Sounds like you are busy enough without this knucklehead.

Scott

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

piggy said:

Yep... I saw this from day one and managed to get him to pay up front before product is delivered. Next time he comes around, my prices will increase to compensate for 'azzhate' management.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions