Ladies,I Need Some Info,Please

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Ok,as many of you know,I'm an old widower.I finally used a fitted sheet on my bed,well,after sleeping on a bunch of wrinkles for a month,I decided to wash 'em.Now,here is the problem,how in heck do you fold them so that they are flat?I finally just twirled them around into a big ball and stuffed 'em on a shelf.Help! Or should I not worry about it and continue to sleep on wrinkles?The wife always had them folded flat somehow??

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warsaw, you should have been helping out the little lady in doing laundry and other domestics. I've found that helps convince them to help me with projects around the house and yard.
That's how I found out about how to fold things.
However, one day my wife at the time was at work and I decided to do the laundry. I washed everything, hung them on the clothesline, and folded them when dry and put them up. During this time I also vacuumed, dusted, and did the dishes so that when she got home she could just relax. When she got home, her only comment was, "You folded the towels wrong." I said that it would never happen again. It didn't. I never did laundry again as long as we were married.

Now that I'm "single" again, I never seem to fold anything wrong! :laughing7:

Scott

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Thanks T,but with that elastic in the corners,I can get the top two together but no way can I then get the bottom elastics together and still hold the tops,let alone fold in half while still holding all four elastics,they just snap away.But I'll keep trying,maybe not today though,I'll think about it tomorrow.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Really, the wrinkles bother you? Kinda reminds me of a story that had something to do with a pea. :laughing7: Good luck getting them to fold flat :thumbsup:

HH Charlie

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
BINGO! Think I have an idea.I'll try it tomorrow.I'll take some spring clothespins and pin the corners as 'T' said and pin the middle and then if they hold,I should be able to fold 'em flat.I'll just leave the pins on them until I use them again(if ever).

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texastee2007

GREAT advice. Of course, I guess I have been doing these things for years, so maybe it just feels natural, but I know, there are women who don't know, and women who don't want to know. There are also men who want to be the only one who does this stuff, and men who would like it if the woman could do it too - or instead.

Au24k - in a "little" defense of your ex-wife - when I first get home from work, I am crabby - and I need about a 1/2 hour to unwind and become human again. (when you are in a public job, you have to be something you are not - pleasant all the time, which is not really how people are).
After a wind-down period, I'm ok. Even my kids knew to leave me alone for a short while. :laughing7:

I don't know about the clothespin trick - it might come out flat, but I suspect what you will find is clothespin shrivels and marks. You'll have to let us know how it works.

My mother-in-law used to iron her sheets, and would iron the corners flat! (I never did that - I use the "hand in the corner" method).

Mr. Oro used to be able to sleep on wrinkles, but I am the "princess and the pea" (as he used to call me), because my bed sheets have to be unwrinkled and no "foot dust" on them before I can sleep comfortably. Which is absolutely ridiculous, because, I can sleep out on the trail on anything - tree roots, wrinkled bunched up sleeping bags, the back of the the truck - pretty much anywhere. Just not in my own bed! :dontknow: :dontknow:

B

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
savant365 said:
Really, the wrinkles bother you? Kinda reminds me of a story that had something to do with a pea. :laughing7: Good luck getting them to fold flat :thumbsup:

HH Charlie
These wrinkles are like wrinkles on steroids!The fitted ends go down on the corners but there is nothing to 'tuck' in.In the morning I look like I've been beat with a bullwhip.The corners are about halfway up and the sides are up.I pull the sheet as flat as I can where I lie down,but one roll-over and there they are again.Ok,I'll drop the subject.

S

stefen

Thought I'd jump in and make a contribution to this complex issue regarding bed sheets...

Myself, I prefer the ball-em-up method and then jam them into a linen closet...

I used to get up and had more wrinkled that the sheets...I found that a hot steamy shower solved the problem...washed the sheets while I showered...no more wrinkles :laughing7:

For those baching it, I find that this subject is better left to the house keeper...she can wash, dry and change the bedding as needed

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
warsawdaddy said:
savant365 said:

HH Charlie
These wrinkles are like wrinkles on steroids!The fitted ends go down on the corners but there is nothing to 'tuck' in.In the morning I look like I've been beat with a bullwhip.The corners are about halfway up and the sides are up.I pull the sheet as flat as I can where I lie down,but one roll-over and there they are again.Ok,I'll drop the subject.

Ok, thats an easy fix, after you get the sheet on the bed just staple the corners :thumbsup:

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
texastee2007 said:
BINGO! Think I have an idea.I'll try it tomorrow.I'll take some spring clothespins and pin the corners as 'T' said and pin the middle and then if they hold,I should be able to fold 'em flat.I'll just leave the pins on them until I use them again(if ever).

sorry I can't take credit for using clothes pens...
T,I meant that I would pin the corners after I got them together as you said to do.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
savant365 said:
WD, I apologize for making fun of your situation. I did a little googling and it seems this is a pretty common issue that several people have. They actually make products to remedy this situation, here is one but it looks like there are several options...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0RNERJZD2SKKBQVPHFD4

Charlie
Thanks Charlie.Those just might work if the corners come all the way down to bottom of mattress.I'll have to check,seems like they may not come all the way down?

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
Super easy remedy.

1. Wad them up an put them away.
2. When you need them, put them on the bed and then iron the wrinkles out. :icon_thumright:

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
There are a few how-to videos covering this essential (not) task.
Try getting your head (and arms) around this one.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
personally, I think folded sheets are evil. The devil invented them.

evil=devil....coincidence> I think not.

I think snake handlers LOVE fitted sheets.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Kiwijohn said:
There are a few how-to videos covering this essential (not) task.
Try getting your head (and arms) around this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GanQ2mq1LwE
Good video I guess,but don't think I have that patience and don't think my sheets are that cooperative,not so far anyway.The elastic corners of mine will not lie flat like that.They spring up and draw bottom and top together is the best I can describe it.Think I'll settle for the wad up method and stuff between two shelves,never to be moved again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions