What is the most stupid email scam you have received?

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
I just got this one......
Can you believe that they say that they are from Nigeria and they want my BANK NAME and ACCOUNT # and swift code (pin #)?
How gullible can anyone be? :dontknow:

Glenn
"PAYMENT CENTER
Funds Remittance Department
World Bank
Direct Line:+234(removed)968

After a joint meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), the Senate Committee on Foreign Debts reconciliation and the Presidential Payment and Implementation Panel on Contract/ inheritance fund under Category, which was addressed and headed by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar'Adua (GCFR). It became imperative to contact you on the subject matter. This meeting was initiated as part of the recent image laundering scheme of the federal government of Nigeria.

During the meeting, so many negative reports were tabled on behalf of our numerous contractors and foreign personnel’s on how unfairly they have been treated and extorted by some corrupt government officials who were vested with the authority to pay them their entitlements. The most annoying and irritating aspect of it all is that they could not effect payment to these foreign beneficiaries after subjecting them to so much stress and trauma. So the WORLD BANK AFRICAN Region Nigeria has being instructed to carry out the payment to you.

So for you to receive your fund which is worth $5M United States Dollars all you need to do is to choose an option amongst the below options on how you will prefer to get your funds.

(1) Wire Transfer (WT)

Full Name:
Full Address:
Phone Number:
Sex:
Bank Name:
Account Number:
Swift Code:

(2) Atm Card
Full Name:
Full Address:
Phone Number:
Sex:

(3) Certified Bank Draft
Full Name:
Full Address:
Phone Number:
Sex:

Kindly choose the method you will like to receive your funds with and get back to me so that we can proceed on this matter : abel(removed)[email protected]

Rev, Richard Abel
PAYMENT CENTER
Funds Remittance Department
World Bank
Direct Line:+234(removed)968"

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
These guys net billions of dollars a year from gullible Americans.......So perhaps they are just playing the averages and taking advantage of a unique combination of stupidity and greed?

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I noticed the remittance officer is named Rev Richard Abel . Perhaps the choice of
Rev Gabriel Abel would have been more imaginative and profitable.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Worst e mail scam....not sure usually a lot are associated with a way of getting bank numbers passwords etc, just give them a fake number and spam them back.

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I try to reply to all of them with the finger.
Bet one so far is from the FBI Terror Group.

Attachments

• the finger.jpg
    the finger.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 329

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an online organization that scams the scammers. I'm sorry I don't have the link. They are some of the funniest pranks they pull on scammers I have ever seen. Monty

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
I got one from a guy named Barry . He wanted to buy my birth certificate . He said if I did it he would make me a Czar . I guess he's Russian .

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This one ranks as one of the worse ever

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and family?,You may not understand why this mail came to you. We have been having a meeting for the passed 7 months which ended 2 days ago with the then secretary to the UNITED NATIONS.

This email is to all the people that have been scammed in any part of the world, the UNITED NATIONS have agreed to compensate them with the sum of USD $500,000 (Five hundred thousand United State Dollars Only)..

This includes every foreign contractors that may have not received their contract sum, and people that have had an unfinished transaction or international businesses that failed due to Government problems etc.

We found your name in our list and that is why we are contacting you, this have been agreed upon and have been signed.

You are advised to contact Mr. Jim Ovia of ZENITH BANK NIGERIA PLC, as he is our representative in Nigeria, contact him immediately for your Cheque/ International Bank Draft of USD$ 500,000 (Five hundred thousand United State Dollars Only. This funds are in a Bank Draft for security purpose ok? so he will send it to you and you can clear it in any bank of your choice.

Therefore, you should send him your full Name and telephone number/your correct mailing address where you want him to send the Draft to you.

Contact Mr. Jim Ovia immediately for your Cheque:
Person to Contact Mr. Jim Ovia
Email: [email protected]
OR [email protected]
Tel: +234-1-873-3513
Fax: +234-802-773-3240

Thanks and God bless you and your family.

Hoping to hear from you as soon as you cash your Bank Draft.

Making the world a better place.

Regards,
Mr.. Ban Ki-Moon
UN Secretary General

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one fro BoA the other day that for just a second I thought it was real,it looked like their letterhead and everything else looked real,so I took it back up to my bank and they said it was a scam and said they would never send me an email like that,the other one was was for my cell phone carrier,that needed my SS# to turn my phone service on,I told them that here in Texas that they were breaking the law and that they can not by law ask for my SS#,when I called my provider back about this email they said it didn't come from them.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best thing to do is assume everything is a scam, and never click on a link to log in anywhere.
Clicking an email link even out of curiosity, with no intention of entering any personal info is still bad, as the site can contain malicious software that auto installs.

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I can't understand is how stupid people have to be to fall for this garbage.
I mean, I get 50 e-mails a day, at each three of my e-mail addys, with multiple instances of winning lotteries of all kinds I never entered, being left an inheritance by dead people I don't know, being selected at random to help some financial institution employee smuggle millions out of his country, being notified of fraudulent attempts to access bank and credit card accounts (most from companies I don't even do business with), being contacted by the UN, FBI, NSA, CIA, etc... about reimbursement for scam attempts made against me, blah, blah, blah. What are the odds you'd have ALL those similar things happen that many times day in and day out!?!
I guess the level of one's greed is sometimes exponentially in opposition to their common sense..............

I also think Internet scamming AND/OR spamming should be punishable by the death penalty! Or at least having all their fingers smashed or their eyes poked out so they can never use a computer again. >:(

super_power.jpg

OP
OP
Glenns5900

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
Here is the latest.....
At this rate, If they all pan out good, I'll be richer than Bill Gates by the end of November. :thumbsup:
It's comforting to know that "all will be well at the end of the day". I was getting worried. :crybaby2:

-----------
Hello,

I am contacting you on a business transaction of a huge sum of money
from a deceased account, though I know a transaction of this magnitude
will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I’m assuring you that
all will be well at the end of the day and this is why am contacting you
due to the urgency of this transaction.

We discovered an abandoned sum of (Seven million five hundred Thousand
United States dollars) in an account that belongs to one of Our foreign
customer who died along side with his entire family, and ever Since his
death none of his next of kin or relations has come forward to lay claim
for this money as his heir.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
paratrooper said:
I got one from a guy named Barry . He wanted to buy my birth certificate . He said if I did it he would make me a Czar . I guess he's Russian .

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha GOOD ONE!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread