Its official... its anxiety attacks.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
It's official... it's 'anxiety attacks'.

You may remember when I had the [almost] fainting episode while out not to long ago (at my favorite restaurant). It's since happened every time I go out now... If I'm in a line at the super market, or wherever (mostly it happens when I'm in public), I start to worry, and this crazy fainting spell tries to take me over where I do everything I can to keep from falling on the floor from fainting. I've been in my house unemployed since Feb of this year, so its' been a while, but perhaps being 'by my self' is taking it's toll on me. EVERY dang time I go out, and get into public, I feel this overwhelming fear of things, and I start to get dizzy and almost pass out. But, I've since recognized when it's about to happen, I'll step out of line and act as if something else has taken my attention, to regain my composure. But, if I'm right at the register, and the attendant starts to ask me questions, and while I am talking to him/her half dazed it's all I can do to keep myself from falling on the floor. Surely they must thing I'm weird. This is absolutely crazy. I can't seem to go anywhere now without this happening to me. Anywhere I go in public, it will happen at random... I hate it. Today for example, I walk into a radio shack looking for connectors... while I was in the isle of connectors, I started to worry about getting out of there without fainting... and low and behold, just that thought triggered it. i stood there doing everything I could to keep from passing out. I grabbed the shelving to keep myself on my feet while I went into this 'room spinning effect', and at the same time, hope they didn't notice.

I HATE THIS!!!!

Edit: For the pro's... are these attacks usual 'everytime I go out'? because that's whats been happening. I spend 99 percent of my time alone at home, and it only happened when I leave my 'cave'.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Re: It's official... it's 'anxiety attacks'.

You need to get out more :icon_thumleft:

C

Cappy Z.

You're fine. You fit in with all the rest of the wackadoos here. You need to go MDing..'baby steps'....

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008

Mike, I'm not an expert, but as a fellow sufferer, I can tell you that it takes a bit of time but the attacks get less and less severe as time goes by...can't give you a time table, but like I told you before, when you feel the symptoms coming on start taking deep breaths and try to remain calm...

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

I've held for years that this is a symptom of our "individualist" society. Some people don't handle being alone well, but the US system is not built around a vibrant group dynamic.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505

It may also be caused by a change in Medication if you take any. Not sure but you might look into that.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mikey you have some serious crap going on dude!
ya know this all started when you STOP showering but once
a week!!! HAHAHA sorry... lol ...
no really... dont you think its time to go to the public health department
since you dont have INS and get some help!?
you need meds or something, and what does the GF say.... you two
dont go into public together? cant she help calm you down some?
i hope you get well kiddo.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dude, see a doctor.

This is not a normal condition and could be a symptom of a serious health problem.

No Insurance? get an appointment with your county hospital and be safe.

It's hard to swing a detector face down :tongue3:

Take care of yourself.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

dealing with the stress of no job -- lack of self esteem form being "unemployed" long term with bleak out look on getting a good job due to 10% unemployment --not getting to see a doctor for proper medical care due to lack of insurance --most likely high blood pressure from all the BS your dealing with.

other than that most likely your fine .

my motto -- stress be a carrier rather than suffer from it --- tell folks --- I owe you money , your the one that needs to be stressed not me -- cuz maybe you'll get it ,maybe you will not.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Anxiety attacks are not that uncommon for someone being stressed from being unemployed for so long. It's caused from stress of course and it can manifest itself in many differnt ways including fainting. I know several cops that wound up in the hospital thinking they were having heart attacks but it was just anxiety attacks, mainly from job stress. A mild anti-anxiety medication usually puts a stop to it but in severe cases it may take some psychiatric counseling, depending on the root cause and/or the severity of it. See, I did learn something from my psychology college major! M :wink: nty

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

I was reading more on it today and what I have could actually be called a "panic disorder". The reason is, if just the anticipation or fear of having another attack sets it off, that's what it is. It's called 'anticipatory attacks'. Escecially if you've had more than 1 in a month (I'm up to about 5 now - each one when I was in public, at the checkout counter, etc).

And your right, The stress with finding a job, dealing with finding side work, dealing with the amount of work (huge) that I do if I do find side work. Tomorrow, I have to drop off a bunch of parts to a place to have some things assembled... I anticipate I will have another attack when I'm inside the building. It's crazy.
I'm wondering if I ever get an interview, what will happen then. Interviews for my kind of work often requires interviewing with 6-8 different people at an hour for each person (all day thing).

More worrying... dang. I think I will look into some free health clinics around the area. This is debilitating..

And for the record, other than high blood pressure, I'm a fit / healthy person.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

Mental illness is the worst type of illness as often a problem is not recognised or denied by
the patient. At least your have admitted having a problem.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

piggy said:
Mental illness is the worst type of illness as often a problem is not recognised or denied by
the patient. At least your have admitted having a problem.

Yep, I fully except it. It's purely a mental thing. It's just a thought that triggers this crazy thing in this mind I have going on.

I used to think I was strong, but now, not so much. And what's strange, is that I never considered myself mentally weak, but now I guess I am.

What I'm finding however, is people that have never had a 'real' attack, doesn't have a clue in realized how bad it can actually be.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

I notice you say it occurs at "the check out counter" a place where you have to "pony" up cash for basic needs (food) --what you are " fearing" is you might not have enough money for your basic needs -- the thought of being too poor to buy food --panics you -- thus its a money related mental issue. -- I'm no doctor of course but thats my thoughts on the matter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread