Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just days before the Ft Hood massacre.
It would seem very likely that this influenced Hasan, or whatever his name is, to fly into his own anti infidel homicidal rage.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

KABUL -- Five British soldiers were shot and killed Tuesday by an Afghan policeman while they were working together in southern Afghanistan, British officials said.

The shooting occurred in the Nad e-Ali district of Helmand province, one of the most violent areas of the country. The British soldiers were working with Afghan National Police at a checkpoint when one policeman opened fire, military officials said.

The gunfire wounded six other British soldiers and two Afghan policemen. Officials said the shooter fled the scene, but it was unclear whether he was arrested later.
The deaths of the British soldiers have raised fears about the extent of insurgent infiltration in the Afghan security forces, especially as the U.S. and Afghan governments rush to increase the size of both the Afghan army and police force.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/04/AR2009110400208.html?hpid=sec-world

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Xraywolf said:
Just days before the Ft Hood massacre.
It would seem very likely that this influenced Hasan, or whatever his name is, to fly into his own anti infidel homicidal rage.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

KABUL -- Five British soldiers were shot and killed Tuesday by an Afghan policeman while they were working together in southern Afghanistan, British officials said.

The shooting occurred in the Nad e-Ali district of Helmand province, one of the most violent areas of the country. The British soldiers were working with Afghan National Police at a checkpoint when one policeman opened fire, military officials said.

The gunfire wounded six other British soldiers and two Afghan policemen. Officials said the shooter fled the scene, but it was unclear whether he was arrested later.
The deaths of the British soldiers have raised fears about the extent of insurgent infiltration in the Afghan security forces, especially as the U.S. and Afghan governments rush to increase the size of both the Afghan army and police force.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/04/AR2009110400208.html?hpid=sec-world

Yet we still have people on here who would share a fox hole with a Muslim, at least thats what they claim. I guess when you have an armed one sitting next to you it may be a different story. This is not something new, I remember my uncle telling me about their behavior in North Africa during the war.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing new, indeed.
They have been historically known to smile at ya before sticking a knife in your back.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I lived and worked with several in Iraq. I helped save the lives of Iraqis. I guess that makes me a traitor in your eyes.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I can say the same thing about every person I know. I had a "good christian" in Iraq tell me that he hoped I got killed and went to Hell because I was agnostic.

You cannot judge someone based on what faith they are, what color they are, or where they are from as to who is "good" or "bad". And if you can, I wish you would give me your secret.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Ok bring up the big bad Christians again. So one said he hoped you died? Yeah I guess thats about equal to what the Muslims do in their Jihad. ::)

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Oh and what makes you think they love westerners and you? They smile to your face? Shake your hand? Say Hi? I do that everyday to people I don't care for. Thats how they fight, as another poster said they have always been well known througout the centuries for smiling to your face while stabbing you in the back and if recent history has shown us anything its that this is true. Look at the 9/11 hijackers....

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
SO all muslims are bad, evil, blah blah blah.

One guy in my unit was born in America. His parents were Pakistani. He has deployed five times in eight years. I guess he is just waiting for the right time to start stabbing?

If all muslims are bad, why have we spent so much time in Iraq trying to help them build up their own country? Why not just nuke the place, since they are all terrorists anyway?

I feel sick to my stomach at the way some of you think.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Libralabsoldier said:
SO all muslims are bad, evil, blah blah blah.

One guy in my unit was born in America. His parents were Pakistani. He has deployed five times in eight years. I guess he is just waiting for the right time to start stabbing?

If all muslims are bad, why have we spent so much time in Iraq trying to help them build up their own country? Why not just nuke the place, since they are all terrorists anyway?

I feel sick to my stomach at the way some of you think.

Because then we would lose all the great idea's, inventions, and advancements that currently come out of the middle east...oh wait. ;D They shot themselves in the foot by adopting Islam, prior to Islam the middle east was a powerhouse of idea's the second Islam came into play all advancement stopped cold. Granted it was no Athens or Rome but it was much better than what it is now.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Libralabsoldier said:
I lived and worked with several in Iraq. I helped save the lives of Iraqis. I guess that makes me a traitor in your eyes.

Yeah yeah, for the 97th time, we get to hear of your service.
Guess what ? I worked professionally with muslims in the service too, and though I'm not inclined to remind everyone here about that with every single post, I found them, by and large, to be pretty decent folk - Would not trust them as far as I can see though and, for all I know, those wary habits could easily have saved my life.

Throughout history, muslims have never excelled at conventional combat.
You would be hard pressed to name any notable muslim military successes since the Crusades, or any notable muslim military commanders.
Mustafa Kemal, arguably an outstanding muslim military achiever, rose to prominence on the backs of Imperial Germany whom, without their tutelage, officer exchanges and supply of military hardware & technology, he would have never accomplished what he did.
Look at the muslim attempts to destroy Israel in the late 60's/early 70's.
Hugely outnumbered and manpower and equipment, the Jews were nonetheless able to serve up historic, smashing defeats upon the masses of muslims arrayed against her.

My point ?
Since they have never excelled at conventional combat, they long ago adopted bushwhacking techniques as their primary mode of combat - And since almost all suicide bombings, IED explosions, and random gunman attacks like at Ft Hood can be classified as classic bushwhacking, it is pretty obvious that this [some may argue cowardly] mode of attack is ingrained upon the mind of muslims, as nations, groups and individuals.

Tell ya what, if you are currently affiliated with the US military, I'd recommend that you be investigated as a potential terrorist sympathizer, really.
You are just overboard with your support, going so far as to outright support this homicidal joker in the last thread, thats too much.
Thats "nuff said" between me n you, because I already know you are about ready to launch on one of your trade mark flame filled, thread closing hissy fits.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
This is a good example of why different opinions do not always work.

Yes, guerrilla tactics are well known to work against superior forces.

We did it during our revolutionary war.

We also trained the Afghani Mujahedeen in their war with Russia, help which is now coming back to haunt us.

I am in NO WAY defending what happened at Fort Hood, or terrorism. I am simply pointing out that some of the things gleefully suggested here go against what America was founded on, and stands for.

For this I get insulted, and flamed, but I am responsible for threads being deleted.

Your situational awareness saved your life. Ok. I will give you that.

At the same time, when you paint an entire group of people with the same brush, you add to the problem, rather than solving it.

We have large numbers of middle easterners and muslims supporting the efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, and that support has been instrumental in the success and gains in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Maybe these people who are assisting us want to have freedom like we do here in America, and that is why they support us.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Libralabsoldier said:
I am in NO WAY defending what happened at Fort Hood, or terrorism. I am simply pointing out that some of the things gleefully suggested here go against what America was founded on, and stands for.

For this I get insulted, and flamed, but I am responsible for threads being deleted.

In reference to the deleted thread, you, if I recall correctly, advanced that the guy was presumed innocent until proven guilty.
You also proposed that religion had nothing to do with it, he was just nuts.
You also snidely stated that you sensed a military cover-up, and that those shooting at him were likely responsible for at least some of the casualties.
I hope you can understand why some, including myself, took exception to such insensitive, legalistic, condescending remarks like that about a situation like this, and making excuses for a homicidal religious zealot who slaughtered more than a dozen US service men & woman.

In regards to what "America was founded on", I can assure you that muslims had 0 part in that, and if our founding forefathers could have foreseen the day, which of course was inconceivable at the time, where we have 10's of 1,000,000's of foreigners living amongst us, they surely would have modified those foundations to prevent exactly that from happening.

If I may ask a simple question, how would you define "a country" ?

At the same time, when you paint an entire group of people with the same brush, you add to the problem, rather than solving it.

We have large numbers of middle easterners and muslims supporting the efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, and that support has been instrumental in the success and gains in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Maybe these people who are assisting us want to have freedom like we do here in America, and that is why they support us.

Muslims wear their religion on their sleeves, 24/7.
Highly devout, praying in a certain way & direction 5 times per day, fasting during certain times of year, not allowed to eat or drink many things - Fine, they want to live like that, thats their business.
This society is not like that, a completely different culture with a completely different heritage, past, language & religion - So they can hardly expect to be grafted unto another culture without anyone noticing.
They stand out by the way they dress, the way they look, the way they talk - They are foreigners, as I would be foreign in Yemen.
They are clannish, and yes they fight amongst themselves, but when it comes down to muslim vs infidel, they tend to all band together - And this is why they get "painted with the same brush" ... Largely because, they are the same.
Call me a racist bigot if you must, I call em as I see em ,, And if we ever see 1,000,000's of Christians seeking to live in muslim lands, maybe I'll grant that you have a point.
Until then, its all a 1 way street and, presently, its all going against us.

As far as how many muslims are serving in the US armed forces, and how instrumental are they to its ability to perform its missions, I have no idea.
Do you ?
I'm not going to google it, I'd be surprised if the number was over 2%, I think we could easily get along without them.
Numbers no doubt spiked with the need for translators and such, I think that if they want to perform this function they should be allowed to do so, in a civilian capacity.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Numbers no doubt spiked with the need for translators and such, I think that if they want to perform this function they should be allowed to do so, in a civilian capacity.

How would this make them any less of a danger?

B

BIG61AL

I don't mistrust muslims as a rule just the ones with weapons.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Libralabsoldier said:

How would this make them any less of a danger?

You want to know how a civilian with bad intentions is less of a threat in any particular AO than a military individual with bad intentions ?

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Putting them out of the military because they are unfit, but asking them to work as civilians for that same military seems criminally stupid to me.

And yeah, they will still be just as much of a threat, either way. Take that as you will.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As you know, military personnel typically have much more access to restricted areas than most civilians.
In AO's, military personnel tend to carry arms wherever they go, civilians don't.
The uniform itself lends credibility to them, not so with a suit and a tie - All of which would make it far easier for a uniformed soldier to commit pre planned acts of mayhem than a civilian.

Also, and perhaps most importantly, they would have no chance at combat [and thus, being forced to battle their muslim brothers] as civilians ,,, Apparently, this was a major problem for Nadal - Even though, as part of the rear area service personnel, odds are he would never have fired shot #1 anyhow.

You really seem stuck in a mental rut, and are incapable of thinking outside the box.
If this happens again, then again, with higher body counts, and I believe its inevitable that it will, then there are going to be serious official calls to cull muslims out of the US armed forces, as right there should be.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Ok, now I see the logic.

And believe it or not, in some ways I agree with you. In our hospital, most of our interpreters were civilians. Jordanians mostly, but we also had a few Iraqis who lived in or were born in America.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread