Was Jesse James really Assassinated?

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I posted this earlier.There are thousands of posts on this site and many,many copies of photos,documents,etc from life-long researchers of the James bros.I think many of your questions will be answered if you get through the complete site.It is a little hard to navigate,but if you read thoroughly you can get through it.
Some of you may be interested in this site.It is very in depth with JJ biographers and researcers and descendants.Lots of documentation to a lot of your questions.You may have to join the site,it's free.Go to the site and click on Jesse James discussion.Click on any topic on the left and when it comes up, at the top of the left side will be 'All'.Click on that and you will get all the history topics discussed(50 at a time).Don;t forget that Jesse was shot through the left lung in the war and almost died(scar0,he also shot the tip of a finger off.Hard to find a stand-in for a deception.

http://forums.prospero.com/delphicomz/myforums

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
I signed up and am now a member of the Delphi Forum previously mentioned. Like "warsawdaddy" said, it's a little complicated to navigate through. But I finally maneuvered through it and found some interesting stuff. But I also discovered it's probably not the place for me or others like myself who simply want to have live chats and get into arguments regarding things we have no idea what we are talking about. No disrespect to "warsawdaddy", and I personally appreciate the reference to the link, but I for one think I will just stick with the legend and let others deal with the hard facts. Besides, I honestly think we can figure this thing out! For example: Didn't that one elderly decendant on the History Channel say he believed Jesse's death was faked? If family members are saying this themselves, and they should know, doesn't that add some credence to the conspiracy theory?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Jeffro said:
SODABOTTLEBOB said:
Here's a photograph of the wall showing the bullet hole. The home is now a museum, and is located in St. Joseph, Missouri. The bullet hole has been picked at, and can be seen in the small frame in the upper left hand corner. If in fact the bullet was removed from Jesse's head ... then what went into the wall? As far as I have been able to determine, there has never been mention of the bullet having been removed from the wall and put on display. Which it surely would have been!

This is kinda gross- but absolutely true.

I once had to clean up after a suicide. He had cancer and was a dead man walking basically. He lived as best he could until the pain got too intense to go on, refusing pain killers. The family had removed all pistols and any medications just as a precaution. They forgot the 30-30 rifle which was his favorite brush gun. He placed the barrel up to his chest, reached out and touched her off. While the bullet fragmented upon hitting bone, the bone pieces wound up in the walls. I know because I had to dig them out and repair the holes.

Coulda easily been a chunk of bone that made the hole in the wall, even if the bullet never exited.

Plus, who knows if the actual bullet was ever recovered? May have been several slugs rounded up from the back forty sold as "the bullet that killed Jesse James". Just a possibility.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that Bob Ford actually did kill Jesse. Since he toured the country with his "show". He saw himself as more of a hero than a coward....
How about this as well? What if the hole was present prior to the photograph taken after his death?

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Sorry folks ... I'm just trying to keep this thread alive until the program airs again tomorrow night. After that I'll have a million more questions, and possibly even some answers. Plus, I'm kinda leaning toward what af1733 said back on post #12, Nov 11th, about it being aliens who done it! Didn't I read someplace where Ron Pastore was from Mars? And isn't Mars the planet that is surrounded by hot gas? Or is it "hot air?" :dontknow:

K

Kentucky Kache

Actually, Jesse James went to London, Eng., where 6 years later he became famous under another name. JACK!

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Not to get too far off the subject here, but did you read recently where they now suspect it may not have been a "Jack" at all, and that it could have been a "Jill?" Of course, this may be another History Channel program. And if that's the case ... well, you can draw your own conclusions on that.

Ron and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a box of treasure
Ron fell down and broke his crown
And Jill, nor the treasure, were seen thereafter

K

Kentucky Kache

SODABOTTLEBOB said:
Not to get too far off the subject here, but did you read recently where they now suspect it may not have been a "Jack" at all, and that it could have been a "Jill?" Of course, this may be another History Channel program. And if that's the case ... well, you can draw your own conclusions on that.

Ron and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a box of treasure
Ron fell down and broke his crown
And Jill, nor the treasure, were seen thereafter

It didn't look too likely for the Jill. The guy they profiled is another story.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i live in saint joseph and yes the wall has a pretty big hole in it it used to set out on the highway in front of the old jesse james motel. at the last is was the pay by the hour mr and mrs jones motel and the house was looking real bad .it has now been repainted and looks good but that wasnt the first house he lived in in stjoseph. it is about 6 blocks east and 2 blocks north i am getting permission as we speak to md the original james house he lived in it for 2 months while his house was being built .and i also have permission to md the church grounds that is still a church where he and his family went every sunday. but if you want to read a good book you will want to read the book jesse james the real story by vincel simmons the grand son of jesse james . it is being sold by another cousin of his here in st joseph missouri at a place called dans new and used. it is by the stock yards and across from the famous hoof and horn eatery and saloon. it has a lot of family picture names and dates and several family tree bracnhes and letters and other documents. well worth the read and it will make you think twice any body wants a copy of it i will get you the contact info of the store to order one trust me well worth it .

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Thanks ... :hello2:

And, "YES" ... please post the book info for all of us. By the way, do you need a room boarder? I'm the guy who doesn't eat much and will even sleep in the barn!

Just kidding here ... and you seem like a nice guy with a sense of humor. But I just thought I would mention that you take the trophy for the longest unbroken sentence ever posted on TreasureNet! Congratulations! :notworthy:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesse was killed and died when history says. Him and Frank blew most of their ill-gotten loot. Just my opinion of course, and I've read some interesting things to the contrary, so I probably need to keep an open mind. It's human nature to believe that every dead celebrity is still alive and every living celebrity is really dead.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
RGINN said:
Jesse was killed and died when history says. Him and Frank blew most of their ill-gotten loot. Just my opinion of course, and I've read some interesting things to the contrary, so I probably need to keep an open mind. It's human nature to believe that every dead celebrity is still alive and every living celebrity is really dead.

Yep, its the same thing with pirates, they did not bury treasure, they went out and partied with it, when they needed more money they would go and rob another ship. Whats the purpose of burying money when you can spend it? And if you had a ton of money buried why would you chance it and rob more banks?

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
It's Saturday. It's cold. I'm bored. And with nothing better to do until it warms up outside so I can go out and rake leaves, I thought I would contribute the following ...

First, though, I should mention that when I was 17 years old and a senior in high school, my English teacher took me outside the classroom one day and reprimanded me for misbehaving in class, saying to me, "Robert, your problem is that your brain is too big for your head, and if you don't find some way to reduce the pressure building up in there, we'll continue to have these conversations every day until you do! Do I make myself understood?"
I don't recall my exact response, but I believe I mumbled something like, "Yeah, okay." And I don't recall if the phrase, "whatever" was popular at the time (1969), but if it was, I'm sure I must have thought that too, or something like it, but didn't say it. (That would be disrespectful, which I never was!).

With the above in mind, I present you with the following ...

hy-poth-e-sis; noun., 1. a mere assumption or guess.

Question: What difference would it make, and what would result if ...

1. John Wilkes Booth did not act alone and was part of a cospiracy?
2. Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone and was part of a conspiracy?
3. Robert Newton Ford did not act alone and was part of a conspiracy?

Answer: (Hypothesis)

1. The "truth" would be revealed!
2. History would be rewritten!
3. A mystery would be solved!
4. Minds would be at ease!
5. Speculations would be put to rest!
6. Justice would be served!
7. A dead horse would get up and gallop away!

Rebuttal: (Where the word "but" originated).

but; conjunction., 1. on the contrary, yet, unless, except that.

But since I am a strong advocate of "Occam's razor," which suggest that the simplest answer is more often than not the correct answer, I state here and now that ...

My brain is too big for my head, and I have no clue what I'm talking about! "But" if I did, I'd have to say this... "We will probably never know all the answers for sure!" And with that said, my friends, I rest my case!"

P.S. I realize that none of the above was crutial in being said, and I apologize if I wasted anybody's time. Like I hinted at in the beginning, I'm just killing time and slinging leaves against a fan!

Have a great day!

Big Brained Bob :dontknow:

P.S. - P.S. I wonder if my English teacher would be proud of me now, or still think of me as an idiot? (Opinionated replies to this question are welcomed without fear of refutation). See what happens when you get a new dictionary?

The first photo is me at 21 years old (1973). Need I say more?
The second photo is Robert Newton Ford; "The Man Who Killed Jesse James!"

Final Post Script: I thought I'd let all of you concerned citizens know that I finally got all the leaves raked and bagged. Of course, my trees haven't given up the fight yet and there will be a foot more of them next week!

Also, the name's "SODABOTTLEBOB", not "JIMBEAMBOTTLEBOB". Besides, who drinks Jim Beam anyway? In my circle of family and friends, it's Jack Daniel's or nothing at all!

Attachments

• 1973  Cuyamaca.jpg
    1973 Cuyamaca.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 327
  • Robert Newton Ford.jpg
    Robert Newton Ford.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 288

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that post, sbb. I had a lot of similar conversations with teachers, and I had one English teacher who was fond of pointing out she once taught Roger Miller, but she couldn't explain why you can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd. (I think the phrase 'smart ass' was always on the tips of my teachers' tongues) Conspiracy theories are kinda cool. Maybe you've noticed at work that many times people have a tendency to stretch out a 30 minute job into a two week ordeal. It must be some sort of a human nature thing that nothin can be that simple, there must be more to it. Turns out some things really are that simple, open and shut.

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
In My Humble Opinion!

After reviewing the play ...

1. Jesse James was "probably" killed by Bob Ford and there was no conspiracy!

2. Ron Pastore is a con and the "stuff" he found was "probably" planted!

Signing off until "Part Two" airs on the History Channel.

Sincerely, SODABOTTLEBOBBROWN

P.S. For "Hundreds" of images of Jesse James go to www.Bing.com

Attachments

• Jesse James Book.jpg
    Jesse James Book.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 250
K

Kentucky Kache

Kentucky Kache said:
Actually, Jesse James went to London, Eng., where 6 years later he became famous under another name. JACK!

Just for the record, I wasn't being serious about JJ being the Ripper.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
there is possiably a part two ron pastori fiasco this fall or unless he finds mors planted coins and finds that the box he is digging is part of a missle silo in ks

Capt_Gregg

Greenie
Sep 25, 2010
savant365 said:
From page 2 at this link:

http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/findingaids/rg003-24.pdf

Missouri state law limited the amount of rewards offered for the capture of criminals to $300. After seeking and receiving pledges from the railroads for larger amounts, Crittenden offered $5,000 each for the capture of Frank and Jesse James. He also offered
$5,000 each for the capture, arrest, and conviction of the remainder of the James Brothers Gang. On April 3, 1882, Robert Ford shot and killed Jesse James, turned himself in to authorities, and claimed the reward. He was subsequently tried and convicted of the murder of Jesse James and sentenced to hang. Immediately pardoned by Governor Crittenden, Ford collected little of the reward money. Frank James surrendered personally to Crittenden on October 5, 1882. Acquitted of the murder of a railroad employee, James was employed in various jobs before retiring to farm life. He died on February 18, 1915 and a son of Governor Crittenden served as pallbearer. The governor paid out $20,000 in reward money for the capture and conviction of members of the James Gang but refused to divulge to whom.

I wonder why he would not say who he paid the reward to?

The bulk of what was paid went to police officials in Kansas City. They, in turn, gave the Fords a few hundred dollars ($300, if memory serves).

Capt_Gregg

Greenie
Sep 25, 2010
savant365 said:
Another question,

How was there a bullet hole in the wall and the bullet that killed him was removed from his head during the autopsy?
The "bullet hole" in the wall was NOT made by a bullet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions