California wants to BAN wide screen TVs?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: California wants to BAN wide screen TV's?

billKY said:
Shortstack, I like your signature!

Thanks! If I wrote the way I really feel, Marc would have to delete it and probably ban me from this site. :laughing7:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was watching HGTV a little while ago, and found out how many gallons of gas that Americans use to mow their lawns every year.

800 million gallons per year...................Time to ban lawnmowers :headbang: (I hate mowing the lawn)

B

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep the government knows best. They are still cleaning up tons upon tons of coal ash sludge they lost into our river.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/01/090123-coal-ash.html

The government can make mistakes and ban all it wants to. We are kinda not paying much attention to them anymore as they continue to fail. California is beautiful by the way. I enjoy flying over it :laughing7: just please do not let me land there.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TnMountains,

I watch the news every day - and I have to say - I had not heard of that spill until today. It is a shame - what is its status now? (in other words, how much more taxpayer money do they need to finish the clean-up job, since it probably isn't done yet).

In Pa, when I was growing up, coal was burning 24/7 - at night the countryside was blue with a few yellow flames of coal fires.

Many cars have fallen into underground tunnels that collapse, and the entire town of Centralia was bought out with taxpayer funds (except for a couple who decided to stay), but the ground and water had been toxic for literally YEARS, before they ever addressed it. They knew about it, because years before, a home started falling into a pit of fire - which they found when one morning the guys front porch was in the ground along with part of his basement wall. They dozed the house, and bought him out, and tried filling the hole - which worked for a little while, until the fires caught up. I believe they originally thought that some firemen caused the fire - but, everyone around the area knows that a little garbage fire didn't do this, since there are many areas of underground mine subsidences and fires.

As of last February, a trip by there while we were in Pa., confirmed that - its still burning - it smells of that coal gas sulpher smell and steam and smoke still are coming out of the ground. Anyone who is familiar with the Northeast Pa area, or has grown up there, knows that smell and knows that look.

The government spent over 40 million dollars, but decided it was too expensive to actually do anything about. Yet, if you or I spill a little oil onto the soil, the government will have you paying for it for the rest of your life.

The government has a set of regulations for you and I - and a whole other set for themselves, from the lowest government official to the top of the government pile. Always has been, in my lifetime, and always will be.

http://www.centraliaminefire.com/

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tennessee has dammed up every river and creek impounding thousands of miles for power.Nuclear and coal. Thats what they do here in Tennessee.The cost of this clean up will be a billion something plus another 40 million to make the county happy.
Its one of the worst environmental disasters to hit the USA.
Here is a current link of ther cost to clean our beautiful Tennessee River.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/us/15ash.html
Tennessee needs to secede

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

jeff of pa said:
piggy said:
That there just a baby.

Yep

They could have Built it
or anything else Behind my House
for all I Care.

As long as they didn't tear my house down to Build
it I Didn't need to Buy a shotgun, Chain, Lock & Barracade.

They Get Free Enterprise
as Long as I Got freedom to Live here.
Lets hope your not downhill from that place . Remember the Coal Ash Sludge accident
in Tennessee.

Attachments

• Coal Ash Sludge.jpg
    Coal Ash Sludge.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 162

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was looking for any articles on that spill, and I did find a couple that jogged my memory about the event.

It seems like, much like the Centralia deal, they spent money to buy out some folks, but apparently are not really solving the problem?

This Tennessee Valley Authority bugs me - they are all over the place - not just Tennessee - they own the property behind us (about 10 blocks away, actually), but it extends all over the place, and are involved with our water and sewage plants here in South Dakota.

They are also in Pennsylvania and Wyoming - I don't understand why they are involved in so much. I wonder more now than I used to because in the last 3 months, we have had 4 warnings about our water - 2 for radiation, and 2 for e-coli considerably over the safe limits. (we are now buying our water - because they have not made any kinds of advisories and have only said "we are monitoring the situation"). Anyway, for some reason, even though our town is supposedly responsible for garbage, water and sewer, we also got a booklet from the TVA, explaining what the testing means, etc. A generic booklet.

I know you can find them at government sites, and they have their own homepage, but I have no idea how they got into so many states and situations.

B

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Tennessee Valley Authority sells a lot of power. They are funded big time by congress. They stink. It is very big business I am sorry to say it has the word Tennessee in it. They just sold some public land that they had stolen from farmers then made public now sold to a private development company at a place called Shell mound(indian mounds). The people were so upset a law was passed that they could never do it again.It was already done though. Selling public land for private development sounds kinda fishy to me
Anyways about your water just google the worst environmental disaster on fresh water that was TVA. They are always dumping or letting something that glows get away from them into water.
Be awares and act within the laws but be active. Did I say aware. I gotta hit the hay and shut down all these big screens blaring in every room.
Cheers
TnMountains

S

Smee

Treasure_Hunter said:
Wanna save a bit on electricity, without going to 4 - 10 hour work days? Remain on DST. We use 2 extra hours of lights every day when we go back to standard time. 2 hours X 5 days = 10 hours . . . 2 hours more electricity than a 4 day work week, which would actually increase our electricity useage: 4 hours X 4 days = 16 hours.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

I'm not a fan of DST either as some of the work I do is clandestine, under
the cover of darkness.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mrs.oroblanco said:
I was watching HGTV a little while ago, and found out how many gallons of gas that Americans use to mow their lawns every year.

800 million gallons per year...................Time to ban lawnmowers :headbang: (I hate mowing the lawn)

B

People will be forced to use old style push mowers in California soon. :laughing7:

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

thrillathahunt said:
mrs.oroblanco said:

B

People will be forced to use old style push mowers in California soon. :laughing7:
I've started using one, but as a choice and many folks are interested from the exercise point of view.
Of course many Tnet members own farms and huge allotments so they must have their ride on mowers.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Personally, if you move into desert country, I don't think you should even have a lawn. Drawing all that water from the rivers, like the Colorado River, so that someone can live in a "Disney Desert", with a lawn. hmmmpf! (I told you, I hate mowing - my dad made me mow 3 acres when I was young - when he died, I built a barn, fenced it in and bought some horses) - end of lawn. :headbang:

There are some utility companies doing that around the area - they have fencing up, and they put goats in there in the summertime. There is water on-site, plenty of grass - and goats do not need feed in the summer. (though you can grain them for 4-6 weeks before you butcher them, if you like).

Sorry for the people who would complain, I guess, but farm animals are for eating or drinking their milk or eating their eggs.

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread