Ever wonder what One Trillion dollars looks like?

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is a lot of bread......Give me just one loaf please......Matt

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about a gazillion ?

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine how long it would take to hand count that much cheese !!!!!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Well If you counted twice a second, it would take 15,000 yrs to count to a trillion.

I belive the point IS to show folks that when politicians throw these #'s around (like were all stupid) what they are really talking about.
The 2 wars together are still under a Trillion Dollars, and our current adminestartion has spent 1.5 trillion this year, and there is nothing to show for it.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
but the public debt is different from the national debt, which is 1.42 trillion as of sept 30 2009.
a trillion is still a pile of money, maybe we should all ask for a bailout

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

I dont pretened to UNDERSTAND it BUT the national debt seems to be about 12 Trillion and rising,
Public debt seems to be about 16 trillion and falling all across the Board, thats a good sign to me. (to bankers it means Time to panic, and ask for a bailout)
The Big uneducated diffrence to me is. Im resposible For MY debt But the Gov is responsible for pyling more debt on me. the privat debt seems to be cleaning up their act. The Goverment is not.

Of course I cant control the Debt the gov puts on me Just my own.
Id surmise That the Bankers of the world are prtty much telling us (with the US goverments blessing) "your gonna stay in debt weather you like it or not" ( so we can get 200.00 haicuts.. eat lobster... pay for whores, cocaine...etc.. etc..

Our goverment has decided to participate (at the tax payers expense) on this made up Panic scenerio.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Very telling indeed Espiacially the Largest Budget items.. Move over- make room- HC 's coming in!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
according to that clock sheet, the private debt is higher than the national debt. or did I read that wrong?

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Yes it is. From what i see. Dont know what that means, other than what i posted earlier, and since I cant turn it back to see what it was in the past.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
if we could turn it back, we would probably start crying and wishing we could go back in time

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
LOL, probaly. Intresting to study though.
Inflation is no where near keeping up with this. DEBT is out of control. I dont know and cant confirm- But I read (hey I read it, it must be true right, LOL)Global debt was 4 drillion Dollars. what the heck is a Drillion and Is the entire worlds assets worth all that?? We have borrowed more than we are worth. That usally leads to Wars,(other countries Jump like vultures on a dead or dieng carcass) when it becomes slow to be paid back.
The Fact is Hitler lost the war because he could no longer keep up with his note. They quite Financing him, (world bankers) they turned to betting on the ones paying thier debt..

Of course NOW the Global bankers loan money on pennies on the dollar of whats actually in existence. Its all backed by promises of repayment (others debt), quite a House of cards indeed.

SO Im Wondering.. what country or countries will be in the best Financial arena when all hell breaks loose?? because in the end, it is the sweat of the Brow, and the thickness of the wallets that fight agienst each other and win wars.
I dont have much faith in either one on Americas side. Our debt is way overburdeneing us and our youth is a Bunch of pussies

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
we have to quit spending dollars we don't have. like, quit giving money to foreign countries, that turn around and stab us in the back. and then we give them still more

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
http://www.egs.edu/faculty/baudrillard/baudrillard-global-debt-and-parallel-universe.html

Clearing the debt, settling the accounts, cancelling the payments by the Third World... Don't even think about it! We only live because of this unbalance, of the proliferation and the promise of infinity created by the debt. The global or planetary debt has, of course, no meaning in the classical terms of stock or credit. But it acts as our true collective credit line, a symbolic credit system whereby people, corporations, nations are attached to one another by default. People are tied to each other (this goes for the banks too) by means of their virtual bankruptcy, just as accomplices are tied by their crime. Everyone is certain to exist for the other in the shadow of an unamendable and insolvable debt for, as of today, the total amount of the global debt is much larger than the total amount of available capital. Thus, the debt no longer has any meaning but to unite all civilized beings to a same destiny served on credit. A similar thing takes place with nuclear weapons whose global capacity is much bigger than what is needed to destroy the entire planet. Yet, it remains as a way of uniting all of humankind to a same destiny marked by threat and deterrence

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
if every country had to settle their books right now, the world would be bankrupt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread