2012: Will it happen?

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
Watched the movie online today, not too bad. As for anything happening I am not going to restock the bomb shelter but I may look into chinese ark building stocks.....

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
It's more hype then Y2K. I watched a lot of people panic over something that they cannot predict or change just to find out it was all hype.

It's someones interpretation of what and when it will happen. It is a doomsday prediction of the end of the world as we know it.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
The Olympics...in London :-\

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I remember Y2K, I don't think anything happened out of the ordinary. There was a big earthquake predicted around the numbers 1234567890 but I don't remember exactly how that went, lol. There was also something supposed to happen on 9/9/99. Seems like there is always some kind of doomsday prediction coming up, maybe someone will get it right eventually.

Charlie

Found the one about the earthquake:

December 3 (12/3)
4 minutes til 5pm (4:56)
7.8 on the Richter scale
in '90

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
There are very few scenario's that will end the world one would be a giant impact by another planet other than that most volcano's, earthquakes, and meteors would be devastating but in no way end ALL human life. The world could technically end any day but chances are it will be around for another few billion years till the sun burns it up in its dieing years. The Earths days are numbered and it will burn up eventually but we will be fossils by the time it drifts off into the darkness of space as a giant cinder.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will 2012 happen? Yes, it will. Then, 2013 will happen. Then, 2014...........

How can you believe the Mayans could be able to predict something was to happen 700 years into their future and NOT predict their own distruction by the Spanish a whole lot sooner?

The only prediction that can be relied on is the one that says, " there will be a constant flow of doomsayers crawling out of the woodwork, claiming THEY have the for-real, no s---, positively TRUE knowledge of what's about to happen."

Yep, that's the ONE prediction you can fully believe in. :icon_thumleft:

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
The year 2012 will probably happen but other than that the same old jokes and sitcoms.
teddy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you really believe this?,the Mayans had 5 different calenders that they used and this one predicts that there will be a new begging after December 2012,these are the same people that would cut out a human heart and offer it to the Gods,mmm makes you wonder who's behind all this hype.

S

Smee

2102. The Mayan calendar ends, then it starts all over. Perpetual calendar.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Produce Guy said:
Can you really believe this?,the Mayans had 5 different calenders that they used and this one predicts that there will be a new begging after December 2012,these are the same people that would cut out a human heart and offer it to the Gods,mmm makes you wonder who's behind all this hype.
But did they cut out a human foetus and offer it to the God of money, Capitalism.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
I predict plenty of excuses from the doomsday people on why nothing happened and some new date(s) for when the world will end. For sure, for sure, definite THIS time.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
mcgearhead said:
piggy said:
Produce Guy said:
But did they cut out a human foetus and offer it to the God of money, Capitalism.

Was this supposed to be spelled fetus ? If so I see your point. But this is not capialism, it is murder.

Anyway back to the subject. If you are wondering if it will be the end of the world, well no one knows the day nor the hour. That means even the Mayans.
Fetus is the US spelling. Do you think abortions are free, whether back yard or in a surgery. If there were no money changing hands it wouldn't happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions