Look at this Picture.

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
wasn't there a murder mystery movie on tv a few years back where the police couldn't find the perp. and it turned out that i believe they were removing a blood spatter off a brick wall, and it was on the guy painted like bricks and thats how they busted him. that photo jeff was something , i never would have seen him

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
joecoin said:
I think it's unusual that a front end loader has a license plate.
We often hear the rumble of heavy machinery in our streets late at night as they move
around on there way to demolish illegal dwellings.
In the morning there is no evidence that a building ever existed ; not even a smear.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
joecoin said:
Some states require heavy equipment to be tagged. Va doesn't, but years ago the company I was working for had a job in New Jersey. All the equipment we used there had to have NJ tags on it. I don't know about tags but to operate equipment in D.C. you have to have a license. It cost about $350.00 to take the test and it is about a dozen common sense questions. We just figured they use it as a way to make a few more bucks

joecoin

Aug 22, 2007
milan ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov, Garrett Antique
vayank54 said:
joecoin said:
Some states require heavy equipment to be tagged. Va doesn't, but years ago the company I was working for had a job in New Jersey. All the equipment we used there had to have NJ tags on it. I don't know about tags but to operate equipment in D.C. you have to have a license. It cost about $350.00 to take the test and it is about a dozen common sense questions. We just figured they use it as a way to make a few more bucks

I can see a written test, I'm sure there are some people who don't pass it, but $350 is a little steep. I'll wager they make a lot more catching people who did not take the test but are operating equipment.

A license plate is just another way to gouge the business man.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think in the last pic he's out of the shot getting ready to step in. Never look directly on at somethin as you'll develop tunnel vision. Pay attention to your peripherial vision. You can pick up differences, movement, and light better there. Tunnel vision can get you killed, or hurt. Or fired, for failin to notice the boss standin off to the right while you went off on your little tirade.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mention of peripheral vision reminds me of something I learned in the military. At night or diminished light never look directly at what you want to see. Look to one side.
I think it has something to do with what's called "rods and cones" in the eyes. Let's see, cones are for daytime vision and rods are for night vision. You have more cones than rods, hence the superior daytime vision.
The next time you are outside at night, look up at the stars and try to focus in on a particular star. Then look slightly to one side or the other. That star should be more "visible" and clearer.

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread