Lets have a Constutional Convention yall.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Let's have a Constutional Convention y'all.

I just was wondering how the general population of my Amigos in the T-Net crew felt about this. Nothing prevents our Governors and state legislatures from getting together and having a Convention. I feel we need to because we have some fundmental amendments to our Constitution that will never be introduced by our self serving Congress. Things like a balanced budget amendment. Each state has to have this by Federal mandate, but not the Federal Government itself. Ironic, eh.(California does not care any way. 21 BILLION in the red.) What about a amendment stating that all Federal employees including the members of the House and Senate may have any health or retirement program that THEY PAY FOR! The tax payer will only pay for Medicare or SSI for them, just like the rest of the nation. How about a amendment stating that increases in pay for House, Senate, Supreme Court judges, and President can only be given by a 2/3 majority of the STATE legislatures. Last but not least, what about term limits for members of Congress? You know and I know that they would never introduce these amendments, but a Constitutional Convention could. Yes, they could vote it down, and they would, if they wanted to commit political suicide. Just a suggestion, but between 2 terms of Bush and and a few months of Obama, don't you think it is time???

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
Re: Let's have a Constutional Convention y'all.

show me where to put my X on those ideas

OP
OP
21stTNCav

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Re: Let's have a Constutional Convention y'all.

Possibly we could all start a petition in our respective states??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread