WWII in HD.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I have been watching it. I think it is outstanding. Seeing the footage gives a rough idea as to what our veterans go through.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been watching it and it is amazing footage. I had forgotten that on Tarawa, the Marines had to get out of the landing boats 700 yards from shore and wade in under heavy machine gun fire because they miscalulated the tide, the landing crafts needed 4 foot of water over the reefs to come ashore and the reef surrounding Tarawa only had 3 feet of clearance. Can you imagine the hell and fear trying to wade 700 yards ashore under heavy machine gun fire with your friends dying around you? We owe them a debt that can never be repaid, but hopefully will never be forgotten..

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"................

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have a HD TV so I doubt if it would do me any good.

OP
OP
Jimmy(PA)

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Xraywolf said:
I don't have a HD TV so I doubt if it would do me any good.

Ive been watching it on a non HDTV most of the time and it looks good, its all color footage.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need HD TV to watch it, it is only a better picture in HD, but it is well worth watching on any TV.

OP
OP
Jimmy(PA)

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Treasure_Hunter said:
You don't need HD TV to watch it, it is only a better picture in HD, but it is well worth watching on any TV.

I agree as they say in the beginning most of the footage has never been seen before and its cool seeing it in color. I always wonder if any of the people in the video's are family and friends but being in my 20's I wouldnt recognize them at 18,19,20 only now as old men haha. As im typing this they are showing Time Square on Aug 14 1945. What I wouldnt give to be there in an Army uniform for that celebration. ;D

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
I've been watching with my 90 yo Dad. He was drafted Dec 3 1941 and fought in N Africa, Sicily, Italy. His overseas tour of duty was 44 months.

OP
OP
Jimmy(PA)

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Urban Prospector said:
I've been watching with my 90 yo Dad. He was drafted Dec 3 1941 and fought in N Africa, Sicily, Italy. His overseas tour of duty was 44 months.

I actually have a bunch of money fom WW2 that my grandpop gave me, he was too young for ww2 but his older brothers were drafted. He started off in North Africa, went into Sicily, Italy, than later on into France and Germany. Its some paper money from North Africa, allied currency from Italy and France, and some other stuff. Not rare or worth much but still pretty cool non the less. Too bad Reichmarks arnt worth face value anymore i'd be a millionaire. ;D Does you dad have one of those silver rings from North Africa? I heard they were pretty popular among the German and American soldiers. My grandpops had some pinetree's and stuff engraved on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread