Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the mother should be
charged for giving him permission to do it.

She's not a proper Mother in my opinion.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ever seen a true hellen child ? bad parenting most likely let lil suzy go up to be a brat -- with todays "no spank" laws -- which make for powerless begging pleading parents -- please lil johnny don't set the cat on fire , lil suzy you can't leave the house at 10 at night to roam the streets

often when strong willed kids of today find out the "big gun" of corrective punishment (spanking) can not or will not come into play -- its off to the races --putting them in the corner works only as long as they will go there --once they figger out they can "walk away" that dog will not hunt -- then you have to be able to physically restrain them "in place" for the punishment to work.

police know that crooks will not stay put and do as their told unless forced to --- neither will alot of todays kids sadly. ---someones gotta be in control of "kids gone wild" -- the stun gun mighta been a bit too much agreed --but cops are about not getting hurt while on the job ( and a kicking ,biting ,punching fighting 11 year old can hurt you while trying to restrain her), and I bet she knows next time when told to "behave" and comply by the police she will.

for the mom to agree to the use of a stun gun , the the kid had to be clearly way outta control ( could be high on drugs --kids start young these days sadly )-- so now what --talks useless at that point-- time to beat slap and kick her till she complys or zitt -- how to gain control with the least damage to all ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my opinion there is
no unarmed 10 year old
who cannot be put into
a bear hug and restrained
long enough to get under contol.
especially a 10 year old girl.

A Police Officer Not Brave enough
or unable
to do this is in the wrong job

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From a local news outlet:

http://www.4029tv.com/news/21638427/detail.html

Looks like the mother not only "gave permission" but encouraged the officer to tase her. The kick in the groin sealed the deal. Another report said it all started because she refused to take a shower. Dad says daughter has emotional issues. :help:

habs

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
What would he have done before they had Tasers............shot her in the leg?

C

Cappy Z.

Honestly...parents for whatever reason..are not parenting. By the time a kid is 10..the opportunity to raise a good kid is over. Just read the news. It's epidemic.

Now, as for the cop using the taser, I think it hurts all cops. Another issue is the other cops don't ever speak up and say one of their own was wrong. It's always 'an investigation', never, 'he was wrong'.

Subsequently life goes on and things stay the same.

"Bartender..give me a shot and a beer."

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Parents need to learn how to handle their own kids, I love these idiots who say they are unable to control or are afraid of their 6,7,8,9 year old kids. I mean come on now....to me its just an excuse to be lazy and let them get away with things.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eathabs said:

Looks like the mother not only "gave permission" but encouraged the officer to tase her. The kick in the groin sealed the deal. Another report said it all started because she refused to take a shower. Dad says daughter has emotional issues. :help:

habs

refused to take a shower ?

Maybe she had good reason.

Maybe afraid to speak up,
after all her mother wanted her Tazed.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
If this 10 year old girl kicked the police officer, how was he able to use his taser??
what did he do, ask her to wait around while he recovered?
did he ask for backup for this dangerous criminal?
and what would have happened if this 10 year old had died from the taser?
some kids do need additional attention, but calling a cop because a kid is kicking and screaming is not
the answer. stand up and be a parent

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
uh she kicked him ( the cop) in the balls -- in the pre tazer days the night stick or mace at least woulda come out. - cops don;t take being kicked in the jewels lightly by anybody of any age --. kick me in the nuts and see what you get --no matter what your age -- if yer old enough to do that to "hurt" someone , yer old nuff fer a beat down in my book --no sir "free" shots to the groin."cuz shes just a kid"

maybe he should have "pepper" sprayed her instead?

since she clearly had no issues with trying to harm the officer ( uh she did kick him in the jewels didn't she) , getting up close was "dangerous" until she was brought under control

so he got control the easy way stun gun -- in pre stun gun days --pepper spray or mace might have been used--before that night sticks --cops are not on the job to get hurt --and once on the scene are meant to be obeyed and in control of the scene.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
This kind of thing is a 'no-win' for the cop. Whatever he does will be wrong. She can kick, bite, scratch, do anything, but since she is only 10, he can't do anything that won't be condemned.

Handcuffs? He put them on too tight. Strike her? Big guy hit the little kid. The bottom line is little kid "who can't hurt anybody" vs. bad male cop.

Sounds to me like she might have gotten what she deserved.

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
I'll leave the right or wrong to the court. They'll consider all the details.

But as for this wild child, this is far more common today than most people think. My buddy works through the state to deal with broken homes and abuse cases. He can't say who but he tells me general stories that are difficult to believe. Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, etc., it makes no difference.

I guess we all have our opinions about this but for me I think the old ways were better. They weren't perfect but we had fewer problems. All children need firm discipline and sincere love. The two must go together.

If it's all discipline with no or little love, the child will probably grow up with many issues hidden deep inside. Often these are mostly manifested as an extreme lack of independent drive and self confidence (Mom and dad always did the thinking for them). These are those who must be driven and they hate dealing with personal responsibilities.

If there is no or little discipline but lots of love the child will not appreciate the love he received and will grow to be selfish, extremely materialistic, and dishonest (always feeling he was cheated in life). This is the type who are always blaming everyone else for their problems and they can't be trusted.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
kids need both love and rules

with out love just rules and beatings --they grown up mean , or damaged and withdrawn --and feel unworthy and unlovible

with love but no rules --they grow up feeling "god like" entitled to do anything they want to whoever they want ,whenever they want without having to account for their actions -- and they have no heart nor do they care for others , and feel that they do not have to listen to anyone or obey any rules /laws

both are bad ways to raise your kids -- there must be a true balance between the two -- love and structure to raise good children .

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
eathabs said:

habs
electro shock therapy might help out here.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dad wants custody -- great she can kick him in the nads then ,and lets see what pops does then.

if the kids honestly got major mental issues , then she needs meds and or controlled enviroment depending upon the level of her problems .

mental folks can not just do as they please just because they have "issues" --no matter what their age.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
ivan salis said:
dad wants custody -- great she can kick him in the nads then ,and lets see what pops does then.

if the kids honestly got major mental issues , then she needs meds and or controlled enviroment depending upon the level of her problems .

mental folks can not just do as they please just because they have "issues" --no matter what their age.
I agree Ivan and there is a fine line between "mental folks" and "normal folks" something
a police officer is not trained to distinguish, so why take a chance.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
enraged out of control folks and mental folks can seem similar -- just walking in can you tell A (out of control enraged teenager) from B ( high on drugs or mental case person)-- esp since shes attacked the police officer --something a "normal person" even one of 11 years old would logically know is a big time no no -- the scene needs to be brought under control rapidly --with as little harm to both the officer and kid as possible -- however the kid shows no qualms about hurting the officer --getting close already got him a kick to the jewels , what next in her bag of tricks if he gets close?--punching , eye gouging , biting , more kicking -- hey hes not there to get hurt after all -- and phyiscal fighting with others can and does cause harm both ways in most cases. --so zitt its over -- kids cuffed and under control

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a cop we were trained to do our best to win the respect of children and teach them not to be afraid so they wouldn't hesitate to come to us if they needed help. Several times I had some mom call for a policeman to come out to correct their kids for them. An example would have been the mom in this example, "My ten year old daughter won't take a bath." "What do you want the police officer to do"? " Come out and scare her"! That use to make me furious at the mom. A policeman who goes around scaring little kids isn't much of a policeman in my book and that mom isn't much of a mom. He should have said, "Here little girl, I'll let you taze your mom if you will go and take your bath"! Now tht would be justice. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread