How strong is your will?

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
We all act out of what's deep inside. Our wills always make it into living actions and decisions.

"Convince a man against his will, he's of the same opinion still."

At least that's the version I heard years ago.

But the saying is actually very old...

In Samuel Butler's ginormous 17th-century poem Hudibras--Part III, Canto iii, lines 547-550 read thus:

"He that complies against his will

Is of his own opinion still

Which he may adhere to, yet disown,

For reasons to himself best known"

Time period 1612-1680

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would this in any way be a reference to SEIU? :laughing7:

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My contention is that Hitler knew that he could rally support through a perceived "common enemy," the Jew. Of course he also had to include gypsies, homosexuals and other "dregs of Germany's society."
Through masterful oration and the rally against small minorities, he brought about something the World has never seen since: the Holocaust.

Scott

OP
OP
T

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
mcgearhead said:
teddy, let me first begin by sayin' that I just love readin' your posts ! You and I seem to think alot alike. Anyway back to the post. Your last statement was...

"It kind of makes you think something bigger than human reason was really behind the holocaust. It was a will---a very strong will. But why? It doesn't make sense unless that will came from something beyond human comprehension. Thought provoking indeed!"

Something bigger than human reason ? I have always thought of it as the anti-christ spirit. It has been around since the begining, and is starting to rear it's ugly head all over again.

I enjoyed your comment very much.
Thanks...
teddy

OP
OP
T

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
AU24K said:
My contention is that Hitler knew that he could rally support through a perceived "common enemy," the Jew. Of course he also had to include gypsies, homosexuals and other "dregs of Germany's society."
Through masterful oration and the rally against small minorities, he brought about something the World has never seen since: the Holocaust.

Scott

Yes, so true. At least on the surface.

teddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread