Hadron collider fixed and ready to wreak havoc

K

Kentucky Kache

Libralabsoldier said:
Ok, KK, here we go:

It's not so much science, but the abuses and irresponsibility of science that is bad. We're all spoiled to the conveniences science had given us, but at the same time our planet is being destroyed, and lives are being lost daily. And we say, oh well, it's just the price we pay for progress. We once breathed clean air, and could drink water from streams(Except for Giardia, which is still a problem, and the other water borne illnesses such as amobeiasis, and typhoid)...not any more. We once didn't worry about our teenagers being killed in car wrecks, but now we do.(Cars are safer now than they ever were, but teens also are texting more, so we will call that a draw) We once didn't have deformities and death from eating hybrid food, but now we do. (Care to post a source. Many deformities are from over use of soy products, which contain phytoestrogens, and chemical pesticides)Yes sir, we have progressed. I know the argument about medicine, but even that has been abused to the point we can't survive without it.(We are living far longer now, or do you perhaps think we should all die in our forties as was common a scant fifty to seventy five years ago? More and more of my military brothers and sisters are surviving war thanks to medical improvements) Our bodies are so weakened from the food we eat, and by chemicals, that we need these things to hold us up. (NoIf we'd had the good sense to use medicine wisely, and not let things get out of control, and not do all these other things, we'd be doing good. But that's not our nature. We had to keep "progressing" until we got the world in the mess it's in, where not only these things are happening, but we've lost even the ability to recognize what's really going on.
(Most people fear change. We are saving more and more lives every year. There is a balance that must be paid. Environmental damage comes from greedy businesses, not your everyday person. Greedy developers suck every drop of water from ancient aquifers....we have the scientific ability to create newer, cleaner engines, but people want cheap easy fossil fuels. People want to live close to the shore, without regard to the fact that nature can never be fully tamed, no matter how good science is. )

We are living longer than ever before. Except for those who are KILLED in car wrecks, plane crashes and diseases which are gifts from our "civilized" world. And isn't texting given to us by science? Anyone who has ever experienced loosing a loved one would trade all this to have their family. I've already said we would have done well if we'd have been wise with medicine.

Cars are safer that ever before. That's like saying drinking poison is safer than before because its been diluted. IT STILL KILLS. When you can completely stop deaths and bring back those who have been taken, then you'll have something. It's not that I'm against cars. In today's world we have to use them. But let's at least be honest about the facts.

And before you give the argument about guns, let me say again, I'm not against the things we have invented...just saying that we would be healthier and happier if we'd never had them.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
You assume too much. I am a gun owner, collector, and an avid hunter. Do not assume that just because I am liberal I am antigun.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I am afraid you may have to elaborate, since Sheesh is just not quite enough for me. Shisha, sure..but sheesh?

K

Kentucky Kache

Libralabsoldier said:
You assume too much. I am a gun owner, collector, and an avid hunter. Do not assume that just because I am liberal I am antigun.

I'm not assuming you are antigun. I did think you, or someone else, would bring up the issue in an attempt to void my point.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
How did we get this far with no Bible verse quotes? :laughing7:

Maybe they'll fire that thing up and Buckle Boy will get his T-net search powers back.

Hopefully. Fire it up! :P

Maybe I'll get superpowers too--like X-ray vision. That would be a nice superpower to have :o

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smashing News Break
They are at 20% right not. The thing is 17 miles long. At 20% that was 11,000 time around the ring a second. Actually its two going opposite directions. Its goal is 1 or 2 trillionth of a second.
That is the Big Bang when collision takes place. This is where we may see things like dark matter, antimatter and supersymmetry.
Intentional hits start in 10 days
The ultimate goal is finding the Higgs Boson a particle that gives mass to other sub atomic particles which is... What? Everything in the universe.
The director of Cern (sp?) said that nature needed to be kind to them.( Ya think)

I think its facinating and a little bit scary. Lots of magnets in that. Things goin round way underground. Maybe after its all said and done it will have helped create a metal detector for all you guys that tells you exactly what it is in the ground and wether its worth the energy for you to get on your knees and dig the plug.
I like new technology . I also like something that just beeps.
Happy Thanksgiving !
TnMountains

K

Kentucky Kache

TnMountains said:
I think its fascinating and a little bit scary. Lots of magnets in that. Things goin round way underground. Maybe after its all said and done it will have helped create a metal detector for all you guys that tells you exactly what it is in the ground and wether its worth the energy for you to get on your knees and dig the plug.
I like new technology . I also like something that just beeps.
Happy Thanksgiving !
TnMountains

Kind of along the lines of what I was thinking. All this and we can't believe that it's possible to build a detector that can detect at 1-2 hundred yards.

I think we all like new technology. It's fascinating. But what looks like progress is not always progress.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They gave a nickname to the Higgs Boson particle. They also call it "the God particle". Kinda tells you were their thoughts are going, doesn't it? And, I don't care what anyone else thinks, but I don't believe God will let them succeed with their objective. He'll slap them down in some way.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Do you know anything about the Higg's Boson, other than the nickname? And if God gets so personally involved in scientific enquiry, why did he allow the atomic bomb to be created?

K

Kentucky Kache

Libralabsoldier said:
Do you know anything about the Higg's Boson, other than the nickname? And if God gets so personally involved in scientific enquiry, why did he allow the atomic bomb to be created?

Maybe because he foretold it would be used in the last days.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...God Particle is from Leon Lederman's book of the same name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_M._Lederman). Physicists call it that because it is theorized that this particle gives all other particles their mass. Higg's joked that Lederman actually wanted to call it "the g*dd*mn particle". Lederman has a place by my mom's and I've met him several times...he's pretty sure the particle is there (of course, he's a physicist and they believe nothing if not their tightly-held theories)...if they don't find it that will tell them something too.

As for the collider doing something catastrophic...there are reactions as strong or stronger going on all around us in our solar system and the universe at large. As an analogy, saying it could cause a catastrophe would be like saying that adding a raindrop to a rainshower would cause a flood. Mechanically, there could be problems and "explosions", etc., but not nuclear/atomic/quantum in nature, but rather from the amount of power in the beam and the superconducting confinement system.

It's hard not to look at this like children smashing clocks together and mashing them to bits to see how they work. But, colliders have taught us more than any other method in refining the standard model, so they do what they can with what they've got. Although I believe the gov't (or gov't within the gov't) already has tech at least 50 years advanced from what we perceive as current technology, I say go for it...let's see what the hell happens and see what we can learn. It could be marvelous, it could be a deadend, but something will be learned and we, as TH'ers, should understand the sense of curiosity and the need to know what's out there as well as anyone could.

K

Kentucky Kache

Libralabsoldier said:
That must take some creative reading of The Revelation.

Not at all. But it does take something wonderful. I wish I could show it to you.

Actually, it's in the Old Testament.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Libralabsoldier said:
Do you know anything about the Higg's Boson, other than the nickname? And if God gets so personally involved in scientific enquiry, why did He allow the atomic bomb to be created?

Yesssss, I know more about the Higg's Boson than it's nickname. And as far a God allowing the atomic bomb to be created, perhaps He was testing us. After all, when He gave man free thought and self-governence, He also expects us to be responsible for our actions. Those atomic bombs were a test that, so far, we are flunking.

And, by the way; I corrected your spelling of "He" for you. You're welcome.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they can coincide the big day to match the Aztec calendar. Give people something to put in the tabloids. :sign13: I bet Lederman would be an interesting guy to talk to. Wonder if he like to find treasure? :thumbsup:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unrealistic Optimism. Yeah I got it. You should have a separate forum for that. About three of us would realize we fit in there and post there.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guns sheesh. Guns allowed the people to topple the medieval system of lords and serfs. No longer would the expensive armor protect the nobles who were the only ones able to afford it, or were allowed to have it..

A gun gives a woman alone, the equality of a ten foot man in an emergency.

It is estimated that in proportion to the worlds population arrows killed many more times than guns, as for swords sigh. until recently, arrows held the honor in sheer numbers also.

My motto and belief is what I saw engraved on a set of pistol grips once --

"Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size, just call upon me and I I will equalize".

I am an unabashed gun lover, who was trained to fly by the USAF, but doesn't believe that aircraft are inherently evil, although they probably have killed more people than any other form of violence collectively..

Of course the fact that guns have saved me twice in civilian life does have a little bit to do with it.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Jun 30, 2009
21stTNCav said:
Hmmmmm, could open a "door" into some "extadiminisional continuum" ??? "Something might come through" ???

For a long time I have wondered about this. I have had questions about so many of our leading political figures. Are they human, or possibly something else?? For so long I have thought that they must be Aliens, but could it be they are from another dimension??? Holy H.P. Lovecraft Batman!!! Could it be....A experiment gone wrong such as the Philadelphia experiment in WWII and the rift is opened. A insidiously evil creature slithers over from the other side and grows to power over the years. Attaining a position of power it slowly plots the opening of the rift permanently to allow a horde of it's evil and despotic kin to enter our dimension and enslave humanity and use us as a FOOD SOURCE. In the mean time the creature in human guise works tirelessly to effect slavery of mankind as much as possible making it easier for the Army of evil to take control when they come through.

Could it be true?? Is it possible?? They are not Aliens?? It must be so.............BARAK OBAMA AND NANCY PEOLSI ARE FROM THE OTHER SIDE SENT HERE TO EAT OUR BABIES!!!!

Well, it sounds even cooler than aliens! :dontknow: ::)

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOk! It seems they let you have a computer, are you allowed sharp pencils or is it still Crayons? :notworthy:

Well, it's the third of December.....I'm not on the other side of the universe, anyone else gone through a time portal yet? If I do, I'll wanna go back to see ACDC with Bon Scott again in Miami!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread