Hadron collider fixed and ready to wreak havoc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When did the financial meltdown begin?

When did everything seem to turn upside down? (politically and financially?)

According to wikipedia.... "The crisis hit its peak in September and October 2008".

here's the link

Is it just a coincidence that CERN's Hadron collider began operations on 10 September 2008?

I have often wondered if there was some unknown connection.

Anyway, here we go again....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/21/lhc_beams_back_up/

It seems December 3rd, the collisions will begin again...

I find this statement VERY erie...

"Much more likely than the destruction of the universe, according to top CERN brainbox Sergio Bertolucci, is that the LHC will open up a "door" into some kind of extradimensional continuum. "Something might come through" says Bertolucci, or alternatively we might sent something through to the other side."

Anyway, I'll be paying attention to world events on December 3rd!

Marc

K

Kentucky Kache

We've dug ourselves into a black hole. Or would that be RED hole?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say, pack it up and move it Copenhagen. Then fire it up and let the wild ride begin. >:(

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
as we move forward into unknown, uncharted territory, there will be many who do not agree and are set in their unwilling and unforgiving ways.

I *could* sit here for hours and lists ways that too many individuals wreak havoc on society....this Hadron chit is tinker toy stuff.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
as we move forward into unknown, uncharted territory, there will be many who do not agree and are set in their unwilling and unforgiving ways.

I *could* sit here for hours and lists ways that too many individuals wreak havoc on society....this Hadron chit is tinker toy stuff.

Amen.

The financial meltdown "reached its PEAK in September and October." The collapse started way before that.

Maybe colliding atoms actually reversed the depression. Maybe we should collide More atoms so that we can build our economy up again. :tongue3:

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Hmmmmm, could open a "door" into some "extadiminisional continuum" ??? "Something might come through" ???

For a long time I have wondered about this. I have had questions about so many of our leading political figures. Are they human, or possibly something else?? For so long I have thought that they must be Aliens, but could it be they are from another dimension??? Holy H.P. Lovecraft Batman!!! Could it be....A experiment gone wrong such as the Philadelphia experiment in WWII and the rift is opened. A insidiously evil creature slithers over from the other side and grows to power over the years. Attaining a position of power it slowly plots the opening of the rift permanently to allow a horde of it's evil and despotic kin to enter our dimension and enslave humanity and use us as a FOOD SOURCE. In the mean time the creature in human guise works tirelessly to effect slavery of mankind as much as possible making it easier for the Army of evil to take control when they come through.

Could it be true?? Is it possible?? They are not Aliens?? It must be so.............BARAK OBAMA AND NANCY PEOLSI ARE FROM THE OTHER SIDE SENT HERE TO EAT OUR BABIES!!!!

Well, it sounds even cooler than aliens! :dontknow: ::)

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Black_Hole_Milkyway.jpg

The only question is, will we achieve this result first through nuclear physics or federal economics?​

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Many therorized the first nuclear explosion would light the atmosphere ablaze, bringing a firery end to civilization as we know it.

Not much we can say anyway,except we will see.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
BuckleBoy said:
vibes said:

Amen.

The financial meltdown "reached its PEAK in September and October." The collapse started way before that.

Maybe colliding atoms actually reversed the depression. Maybe we should collide More atoms so that we can build our economy up again. :tongue3:

Christianity is a perfect example of what's on it's way out...."Adam colliding"... If you don't like that statement, I'm VERY ok with your stance --and mine.

And truly, what IS the collective goal?

Chit, most here, can't even agree on that one fundamental principal of life...intent.

I'm outta here to listen to some music.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only GOOD thought on this whole thing is the fact that those educated idio-tts will be the first to get folded, stapled, and mutilated.

Famous last words, "We thought it would work." >:(

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In this case I don't subscribe to any predictions of doom. Cosmic rays hit us every day that are more powerful than what they are going to pump out (usually filtered out by the atmosphere).

There is one bit of info that I did find surprising...

When the collider is running full tilt, if the magnetic confinement failed and the beam went into the wall it would have the momentum of an aircraft carrier doing 30 knots and would bore 100 yards into the wall.

Hmmmm.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those people THINK they're going to recreate the Big Bang. But,since the BB did not happen, they really don't know WHAT they're going to end up with. The only thing for sure is, they'll force some type of fusion reaction that just might be a cascading energy column.

They are kinda like a group of kids with a truckload of dynamite who've managed to buy a box of matches.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
The only GOOD thought on this whole thing is the fact that those educated idio-tts will be the first to get folded, stapled, and mutilated.

That same "i-d-i-o-t-i-c" thinking that dreamed up all the modern conveniences that you can't do without. You should perhaps consider a hunter/gatherer lifestyle if you eschew science to that extent.

Or you could say a prayer for the scientists, engineers, machinists, workers, and builders next time you use your microwave.

K

Kentucky Kache

And while you're at it, pray that they don't destroy us before we have the chance to die due to hybrid food, cancer, car wreck, or any other of the wonderful things science has given us.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
BuckleBoy said:
Shortstack said:

Yep. Same "i-d-i-o-t-i-c" thinking that dreamed up all the modern conveniences that you can't do without. You should perhaps consider a hunter/gatherer lifestyle if you eschew science to that extent.

Or you could say a prayer for the scientists, engineers, machinists, workers, and builders next time you use your microwave.
Many minority groups in the West selectively use and abuse science to further their agenda's.
In doing so it reminds me of another group who is anti-Western yet uses the science of the
West to achieve its ends.
This is the Muslim terrorist bomber who uses mobile phones, the internet , aeroplanes
and modern explosives.
We saw the same anti-science mentality among a few posters here when NASA
recently(and successfully) probed the Moon for water.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky Kache said:
And while you're at it, pray that they don't destroy us before we have the chance to die due to hybrid food, cancer, car wreck, or any other of the wonderful things science has given us.

Yes, you're right. Science is awful. I'd rather go back to life being "nasty, brutish, and short." The single most deadly invention in the history of mankind--the Gun--that was invented by scientists too, right?

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Actually, I was just having a bit of fun with my post. Sorry about that.

In all seriousness (yawn), I doubt that the collider will impact anything other than subatomic particles and research super-slush funds.

As for my remark regarding the future effects of current federal fiscal policies— well, I apologize for that, too. Unrealistic optimism has no place on this forum.

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Of course, if it weren't for unrealistic optimism, this forum wouldn't exist!

(sorry couldn't resist!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread