My recent argument with the significant other...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there.I just became free of emotional turmoil now I am going to work live life and deer hunt and metal detect and hunt artifacts. But I am the last you want advice from. Good luck sir.
Just try to do the right thing that is all you can do.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
As you are busy now Mike , I'd suggest visiting the in-laws at Xmas when you probably have
more time.
That 3 hr drive each way is a chunk outta the weekend(assuming you were having a long one).

K

Kentucky Kache

Women. You can't live with 'em, and you can't live........with 'em.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask her if her family loves you enough to take you both in and feed you if you should become homeless. Better yet, tell her adulthood is a scary place but, once she has been there a while, she'll start to understand some things that appear confusing at this point in time. Then, agree to breakup with her, save on buying her a Xmas present, and make up again after the new year. You'll be way ahead financially and your clients win too! :thumbsup: Dammit Mike, some folks charge big bucks for advice as sound as this!

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Kentucky Kache said:
Women. You can't live with 'em, and you can't live........with 'em.

"I've always said Women, you can't live with them, you can't shoot them, and you can't have heterosexual sex without them"

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
packerbacker said:
Ask her if her family loves you enough to take you both in and feed you if you should become homeless. Better yet, tell her adulthood is a scary place but, once she has been there a while, she'll start to understand some things that appear confusing at this point in time. Then, agree to breakup with her, save on buying her a Xmas present, and make up again after the new year. You'll be way ahead financially and your clients win too! :thumbsup: Dammit Mike, some folks charge big bucks for advice as sound as this!

Awesome post! :thumbsup:

teddy

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the drama continues! now what mikey?

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
When you get to be my age you will come to realize that family is more important than any job that must be done. Never miss a holiday just because there is work to do...it will still be there tomorrow and your family may not be.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Manipulation + guilt trip Bad medicine for warrior.

B

BIG61AL

sounds like a battle for dominance and I hate to say it but you are likely to lose the fight just to keep the peace.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
packerbacker said:

He is in enough trouble at the moment....... LOL :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Ray S

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
mikeofaustin said:
Her: "Are you going to Dallas for T-day with me?".
"No, I've got a LOT of work to do. My recent client, the $7.5K job, needs my help fixing something, plus I've got the other guy from Florida chewing me out because I haven't started his project yet".

"So, you must hate me AND my family".

...ARGH!!!!!!

I would recommend a good divorce lawyer.

This is not how any good relationship should work.

Find someone else that doesn't hold your decisions up as guilt trips.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a significant other, I have a wife. It'll probably work out for you, but if it don't, and divorce rears its ugly head, call me. My ex-wife, plaintiff as I call her, had an excellent lawyer, and money motivates him greatly. I'll hook you up.

simplemaninpr

Nov 27, 2009
The Mountains of Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
My ex-wife use to hound me about working all the time. It reached a point where she even accused me of having an affair. All the while, I was saving up for the holidays. When Christmas came she opened her gift of diamond earrings and realized how much I loved her. We men work hard and our generosity to our wives is measured by how much we love them. Hopefully, by Christmas she will understand why you do what you have to do.

Ernest

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
simplemaninpr said:
My ex-wife use to hound me about working all the time. It reached a point where she even accused me of having an affair. All the while, I was saving up for the holidays. When Christmas came she opened her gift of diamond earrings and realized how much I loved her. We men work hard and our generosity to our wives is measured by how much we love them. Hopefully, by Christmas she will understand why you do what you have to do.

Ernest

did mikey say he was getting "the girl" a gift?

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, we need a "not for Mike" alternate discussion.

Mike,

It sounds like you are self-employed - master of your own time. Why would you schedule a job during Turkey Day? Do you always go to her parents? Are you always home for the holidays? If you do, why is it different this time? If you don't - then the money is an excuse.

Excuse me, but you could not give me a big enough set of diamonds that would prove you loved me. Diamonds may be a girl's best friend, but they are not what makes her happy. Jewelry doesn't say "I love you", it says "I went to the store and bought you something".

Do you have kids? Not being there for them makes it worse.

I've worked many, many holidays, and still managed to spend some time with the family on every one of them (and both sides of the family at that).

I suspect that you are not doing it for her - you are doing it because you are not good at scheduling your time, and she loses. If you were good with your time, you wouldn't have someone on your back to finish, and someone on your back to start another job. (I'm giving you her probable thoughts).

I'm also at that age when I realize that we need to live today as if it is your last - because it may be. And loved ones are more important than money or gifts.

How would you feel if, after the holiday, your family was no longer there? Your answer would be "but its over $7,000. So, you have officially put a monetary value on your family. Obviously, the guy you are doing the job for - he is not going to be with his family either? Or maybe he is - hmmmm. Or maybe, he doesn't have one - double hmmmmmm.

There, now we have a slightly more balanced discussion.

B

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Mike, I feel for you buddy. I'm a contractor, so I know where you're coming from, however, one thing I've learned,
it doesn't matter how hard you work, the amount of hours you put it, the fact that you did it on your day off or holidays
the one you're doing the work for doesn't care about your personal life.
Because the next time he'll say, "well, you did it before" and then you're really screwed.
JMO, MAKE the time to spend it with family, it'll pay you back in more ways than you can put in a bank account.

Sniffer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread