Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
TnMountains said:
Glad you are safe and made it to safety. I got lucky once when a dog in the back of a truck was barking at people as they passed in a parking lot. He was a white shepherd. I walked by and the dog and I made eye contact. He leaped from the back of the truck at me mouth open. I stepped back and kicked as hard as I could as the dog was almost on the ground. I seem to have broken its leg as it yelped and ran off.
The owner got out of the turck and came toward me.I was shook up and full of adrenilin and tore into the owner about how he should control his animal. A crowd saw what happened and they clapped for me. I was upset and stormed off. Point being if I had not been attentive the dog would have latched onto me in mid air. My step back and swift kick settled the problem. I was lucky and am glad thet you were also.
I despise irresponsable pet owners. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
HH
TnMtns :icon_sunny:

I blame the owner first. The animal does not know any better and should be controlled by the owner. Glad you got away bite free. :icon_thumleft:

Ray S ECenFL

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Usually not much to worry about when they bark, he would have went right into attack mode without barking if thats what he had in mind.
He resented the intrusion on his personal space, and he was just letting you know.

I got surrounded by a pack of about 10 dogs in a Detroit alley one time, they had me backed up to the wall of a bar, really no place to go.
I figured I had better not act intimidated or they'd swarm me, yet I was hesitant to be very belligerent either at first.
I tried words I thought they might know, I said "get out of here, NO, GO! !" ect, not much good but it kept them backed off.
I took off an army jacket I had on, the only thing I could possibly use to fend off attacks.
So the leader of the pack started yapping right in front of me, I waved the jacket in his face and he chomped down on it, I had steel toe boots on and I gave him a full force kick to the bottom of his muzzle while he was gripping the jacket, this stunned the hell out of him and he took off running, and the rest of the pack followed right in his tracks, leaving me to walk away unscathed.

So after something like that, I'd welcome a single dog, metal detector in hand to wrap around his head.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ray. Glad you came out ok as well. Once was a young kid riding his mtn bike out in the woods towards dark. He ran out of gas and was crossing some fields to get home and gas. Porch dogs got after him and he got scared and started running. They tore all his clothes off him and killed him. The parents found him. It was all those dogs you see sitting on a porch during the day and they would pack up at night and run deer and whatever. We shot and killed every dog that was not in a pen for three weeks.
In the mountains idiot ownders turn their animals loose because they do not have the guts to do the right thing and care for them or find them homes. The dogs quickly learn to run the deer and they will dog them to death. I can not tell you how many dogs are shot every season for this reason. I hate it and have a hard time doing it because the animal knows no better and is hungry. I lease around 4000 acres and this year my guys have caught some coon dogs and returned them(tags with numbers) and killed probably 10 or more wild dogs.
Grrrrr. I would enjoy catching someone dumping a dog one day.Its hard to understand and most city people have not a clue what happens to them when they dump their animals in the country.
Stay safe !
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread