Sep 12, 2006
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can we do to help the family's of the fallen four?"

What can we do to help the family's of the fallen four?"

What can we do as a group to help the family's of the four police officers cope now. If we can contribute what we can but more importantly notify everyone we can in other Forums and through Emails of any trust set up for the family's. TreasureNet may even send out a news flash to all members once we have all the information. Let's not let these family's down or lose everything now when we can make a difference.
This is what I found out so far.
http://www.lpig.us/

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: What can we do to help the family's of the fallen four?"

Lasivian said:
How about putting Mike Huckabee in jail.

Huckabee didn't let him out... that's a ridiculous statement.

Huckabee shortened the sentence, he didn't release him.

That dude was released by a parole board and pulled the trigger all by himself.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO

I think a note of congratulations to the cop who took him out with one shot the next night or two later would be in order. Also to the family of the victim who was able to gut shoot the bastard during the event.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Montana Jim said:
Lasivian said:

Wrong, he commuted his sentence specifically so he would be eligible for parole, in a transparent attempt to woo minority voters. - Not "shortened" it.
Without that, he would not have had a chance for parole So he sure as hell did let him out, as if he turned the key.

Were there other failings ?
Sure were, but without his commutation ,,, Of which he handed out 1,000's, more than twice the number his three predecessors commuted combined, those other failings would never have come into play.

I like some things about the guy, but he belongs no where near a position of responsible power.

The man police are seeking as a person of interest in the shooting deaths of four Lakewood, Wash. police officers was supposed to be spending the rest of his life in an Arkansas prison.

But, Maurice Clemmons, 37, who has a criminal history complete with violent, psychotic outbursts, was set free by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

Killed Sunday morning in what detectives call an "ambush" at a coffee shop were Sgt. Mark Renninger, 39; Ronald Owens, 37; Tina Griswold, 40; and Greg Richards 42.

In 1989, Clemmons, then 17, was convicted in Little Rock for aggravated robbery. He was paroled in 2000 after Huckabee commuted Clemmons' 95-year prison sentence. Huckabee, who was criticized during his run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008 for the number of clemencies and commutations he granted, cited Clemmons' age at the time of the sentence.

"Back then, Gov. Huckabee granted clemency to a disturbing number of people, including a man named Maurice Clemmons who should have never been left out," said Larry Jegley, prosecuting attorney for Arkansas' Pulaski County.

http://tinyurl.com/ybct2ra

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Ooooo, sorry. He commuted, resulting in shortening, or what verbiage makes it seem like I was wrong.

No matter how much information you regurgatate, only ONE person was responsible - the shooter.

He did not kill these people because of Huckabee. He killed them because he decided to.

I believe in personal responsibility - not blame shifting to satisfy some longing to make sense of it all.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals

A minority killing 4 white cops, its only a matter of time before he becomes a martyr to their communist led community and Hollywood. At least they killed this guy. They should take out this guys family and friends do too, set an example.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

One of the four cops that was killed was the best friend of one of the guys on another forum that I go on. Right after it happened he asked if everyone would pray for him and the families of the four. He was feeling prety shook up bacause he
had been visiting the guy the night before. Then the next morning he got shot. It was a terrible shock with so many people
afected by the senseless killing. With not only the terrible loss the families of the four are feeling, the town had just
gotten their own police force a few years ago and it is a small force.Now they have lost four of them at once. And there
are 9 kids now missing a parent. They all need our prayers and whatever anybody can do for them.

Ray

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Montana Jim said:
Ooooo, sorry. He commuted, resulting in shortening, or what verbiage makes it seem like I was wrong.

No matter how much information you regurgatate, only ONE person was responsible - the shooter.

He did not kill these people because of Huckabee. He killed them because he decided to.

I believe in personal responsibility - not blame shifting to satisfy some longing to make sense of it all.

He commuted the sentence specifically for the reason of making him eligible for parole, claiming that a white kid would have got no where near as harsh a sentence.
You are free to interpret the results any way you please, as am I.
Don't tell me what this guy did and what this guy did not do, as if you are a supreme authority.

You seem to be getting a little jumpy here, I am not regurgitating anything, I am citing well documented facts that:

* Huckabee commuted this violent thugs lenghty sentence to get him out of prison
* He was in fact let out of prison, as planned
* He was subsequently involved in a series of violent felonies, culminating in the massacre of 4 fine white law officers

Spin it however you want, that blood is on Huckabee's hands.
If people are just going to whitewash everything, throw up their hands and say "shit happens, oh well", there are no lessons learned, and unnecessary outrages like this are bound to repeat.

I find your attitude particularly troubling for a guy who claims in one sentence "I believe in personal responsibility" then refuses to believe that they guy who is responsible for him being on the streets in the first place has any degree of this "personal responsibility" himself.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

Montana Jim said:

I don't believe in personal responsibility when that person is deranged and severely
mentally disturbed / ill.
A wild animal or a savage American pit bull terrier is not responsible for its actions, but
its genes and / or training are.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used

piggy said:
Montana Jim said:

I don't believe in personal responsibility when that person is deranged and severely
A wild animal or a savage American pit bull terrier is not responsible for its actions, but

We should do to them what we do to wild dogs, kill them before they cause trouble. Put a lock on the doors of all the prisons and criminally insane hospitals and burn them to the ground and have armed guards outside to shoot anyone trying to excape the flames. I could clean this world up within a decade. ;D

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Montana Jim said:
Lasivian said:

So, by your thinking there should never be a charge "conspiracy to commit XYZ" and nobody on earth should be responsible for anything they did not directly do themselves.

I'm sorry, this is a total load of manure.

By this thinking nothing we directly do is our responsibility.

If I buy a gun and give it to someone that asked me to buy them a gun so they could murder someone I am no longer at all responsible? I mean i'm not the one pulling the trigger, right?
If I sit in a car outside a bank and drive the robbers to safety i'm not part of the "robbery" right?
If I hire someone to kill my wife i'm not responsible for her death because I didn't pull the trigger?
If I destroy evidence of a crime and that person re-offends?

Oh, btw, if your sister/wife/daughter is the one victimized let's see if you have the same point of view shall we?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

If you feel better placing blame on someone else - do it.

I didn't see all the names of the parol board members... yet. Were they not the last link?

We should do to them what we do to wild dogs, kill them before they cause trouble. Put a lock on the doors of all the prisons and criminally insane hospitals and burn them to the ground and have armed guards outside to shoot anyone trying to excape the flames. I could clean this world up within a decade.

Might as well get started killin'n 'em JimmyPA, apparently the others here have a list of folks they already know will make bad choices years from now.

Monday morning quarterbacks.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Montana Jim said:
If you feel better placing blame on someone else - do it.

I didn't see all the names of the parol board members... yet. Were they not the last link?
Monday morning quarterbacks.

Well, I could repeat what I have already said, which was:

* Huckabee commuted this violent thugs lengthy sentence to get him out of prison
* He was in fact let out of prison, as planned
* He was subsequently involved in a series of violent felonies, culminating in the massacre of 4 fine white law officers

But if it hasn't sunken in yet that Huckabee's commutation, and only Huckabee's commutation, was the reason this thug was out on the streets, then I guess it never will.

Write this down - Huckabee, as governor, was the single person in the state capable of modifying the sentence imposed by the court.
Not the jury, not the judge, not the prosecutor, not the parole board.
Only a governor can commute a sentence, or grant a pardon - And he did.
If thats not "personal responsibility", I don't know what is - Because he never would have been eligible for parole, and hence would have never came before the parole board, were it not for Huckabee slipping him a get out of jail free card, right over the head of the court that convicted & sentenced him.

He is a proven bleeding heart, and he has already got his sentence - This will haunt him for the rest of his life, as it should, and he will never be elected to a political office again.
I also think this case proves that the whole concept of "executive clemency" needs to have some checks and balances inserted into it, or eliminated all together.

My question is, why are you blindly defending this guy ?
I thought you were the one gung ho for "personal responsibility" ?

* I realize in advance that this is falling on deaf ears, as your mysterious knee jerk defense of this character is already well established.
I wrote the above only for posterity.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

Jimmy(PA) said:
piggy said:
Montana Jim said:

We should do to them what we do to wild dogs, kill them before they cause trouble. Put a lock on the doors of all the prisons and criminally insane hospitals and burn them to the ground and have armed guards outside to shoot anyone trying to excape the flames. I could clean this world up within a decade. ;D
I don't think mocking Hitler is funny.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used

piggy said:
Jimmy(PA) said:
piggy said:
Montana Jim said:

Yes because killing convicted criminals is so Hitler like huh? I'd hate to tell you but Hitler did not find those people he killed in prisons. You might want to rethink your remark because my comment in no way relates to anything Hitler did and if anything its more God like if you believe in the bible.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have the feeling that we could be chatting about chocolate chip cookie recipes, and people like piggy would find a way to work Nazism into the conversation.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

Jimmy(PA) said:
piggy said:
Jimmy(PA) said:
piggy said:
Montana Jim said:

Yes because killing convicted criminals is so Hitler like huh? I'd hate to tell you but Hitler did not find those people he killed in prisons. You might want to rethink your remark because my comment in no way relates to anything Hitler did and if anything its more God like if you believe in the bible.
I believe you have revealed your true nature at last.
You said"I could clean this world up " followed by a description
of this action as " and if anything its more God like "
We all know who else was a megalomaniac don't we.

You also tried to wheedle your way out of my Hitler analogy by denying Hitler killed
prison inmates.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

Jimmy(PA) said:
A minority killing 4 white cops, its only a matter of time before he becomes a martyr to their communist led community and Hollywood. At least they killed this guy. They should take out this guys family and friends do too, set an example.

almost all of his friends and family are in jail now for aiding and abetting murder. Be a small crowd at the funeral until Al and Jesse show up with Reverend Wright in tow. siegfried schalgrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread