Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Daddy a salute to all who died that day! And where and what were you doing while the report was being made?

Attachments

• USAR-GTS-571.jpg
    USAR-GTS-571.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 229

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stood on that monument last June. I imagined the horror that those brave young men went through on that day. You can still see oil in the water rising up from the bottom of Arizona's hull!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will always remain the greatest generation.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't born until two years later, may we never forget their sacrifices.

Fossis..........

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
My father was a Pearl Harbor survivor. He was in his barracks when the first attack hit. He never told me much about it. He passed away in January 2008.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife was born on the day we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima! That should make up for something? Monty

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
war while it might be nessisary to keep one from being enslaved or killed by "bad people" -- is never good , the freindships and love one soldier shows for his freinds -- often dying to help prevent them from dying --is the only good that is exposed by war --- the simple fact is -- no greater love can a man show his fellow human beings than to lay down his life for them.

war demands that you kill your enemy -- nothing says you got to like doing it -- one should never enjoy killing a fellow human being -- you might have to in self defense do it --or to win the war -- but if you have a "healthy" human soul --you will not like doing it. --- many many men that have seen combat prefer NOT to talk about the "darkness" that often overtook them on the battlefeilds -- when they became killing machines --just to survive -- its not a easy ideal to deal with and something that unless you "been there / done that" you have no frame of referance for -- most folks thankfully have no grasp of how utterly horrible it was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions