Bread twist ties

S

stefen

I have the same issues with toilet tissues...do you fold or crunch into a wad...

Won't be able to sleep tonite...

Thanks.

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
lefty here drives me crazy and as far as t.p. goes I prefer it to dispense over the top and lefty wants it out the bottom.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stayed with a friend for awhile and he had one of those paperlist toilets that use warm water instead of T.P. ,it took a little getting use to but it works .

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Produce Guy said:
I stayed with a friend for awhile and he had one of those paperlist toilets that use warm water instead of T.P. ,it took a little getting use to but it works .

I've seen those on DIY programs and have wondered," If it is to save the trees by not using paper, then HOW do you get DRY after the warm water massage? Is there a communial towel? Is there a warm air blower to dry "the project area"? If so, WHERE DO I GET ONE? :toothy2:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen, Shortstack - You guys crack me up. :laughing7: :laughing7:

Sorry I can be of no help on the twist ties. :-\

OP
OP
lonesomebob

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
whatever happened

I asked about bread twist ties in all earnestness, it went down hill fast! now it is gone? I really wanted to know why they are twisted in reverse to common sense, twisting right hand is dumb. Bob :coffee2:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold tight bob, I have submitted this question to wonderbread.com and as soon as I get a response, I'll update the post. Relax man, I once wondered why there was air. It drove me nuts until I figured out, like everyone else already had, that air was for inflating tires.

A friend on a website forum is asking why the wire twist ties on loaves of bread have to be twisted to the right to undo them. I know, odd question but, are all loaves that way and, if so, is there a reason for it? The public's a very curious animal you know? Thanks in advance, Mike

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
hey bob call way bakery in jackson and ask it's a local call. thats where holsum bread is baked. goldie

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI mi LUVS & guys: It is simply that it is a natural physiological function to twist to the right for most people. When the hungries grab you, no one wants to waste time, so it is twist away to the right. Later you can leasurely re twist it to the left.

Don Jose de La Mancha

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten them twisted to the left, and to the right. I only have to untwist once; then it goes in the trash. I'm a "spin and fold under" kind of guy.
Oh, and don't let one get put in a microwave...last time I saw one in a microwave, there was a nice little fire goin' on inside...

Scott

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rando said:
I don't re-use those things.

I'm a twist the bag and tuck it under kinda guy..

;D
:laughing7:

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma
My guess? A machine puts them on and that's the way it's set up to do it. I'm also a spin and fold guy, but the wife takes issue with it.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
JoeMoto said:
My guess? A machine puts them on and that's the way it's set up to do it. I'm also a spin and fold guy, but the wife takes issue with it.

old fashioned clothes pins work...squeeze and done.

Clothes pins are used for chip bags around here...

Scott

S IL THer

Nov 29, 2009
S. Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, DFX, Coinmaster Pro,White's Eagle II SL, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably part of a Gov Reg that was attached to a gun law...so a bill could pass congress..

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here ya go bob.......this is the response I got. I didn't call, I'll leave that to you. Merry Christmas, pb

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are always happy to help our consumers with their research. Most of our products are processed and packaged on high speen machinery. The settings on each station are set to a specific setting. If you would like to speak to someone directly regarding your request, please contact us at 800-483-7253. Our office hours are 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday Thru Friday, Central Time.

Again, thank you for contacting Interstate Bakeries Corporation.

Sincerely,
Paige V. Williams
Consumer Response Representative

Ref: N297763

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Here ya go bob.......this is the response I got. I didn't call, I'll leave that to you. Merry Christmas, pb

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are always happy to help our consumers with their research. Most of our products are processed and packaged on high speen machinery. The settings on each station are set to a specific setting. If you would like to speak to someone directly regarding your request, please contact us at 800-483-7253. Our office hours are 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday Thru Friday, Central Time.

Again, thank you for contacting Interstate Bakeries Corporation.

Sincerely,
Paige V. Williams
Consumer Response Representative

Ref: N297763

:icon_thumright: :laughing9: :icon_thumleft: now theres an awsome no-answer answer for ya :laughing9:

the real answer is probly in the use of all that "" high speen machinery"" :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread