Why even bother to post to this forum?

OP
OP
D

digluv

Dec 7, 2009
DigginThePast said:
Happens to me too. Easy come, easy go I say.

Ya but some posts I put 5-15 minutes of work into it suggesting how to use a machine only to return and see it deleted. That's frustrating.

Is this forum trying to get rid of new members?

I understand strong political comments or comments slamming someone but come on...just a simple comment?

I know Tnet didn't used to be like this.

digluv

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt the forum is trying to get rid of new members. Many of the new members are long time enthusiasts with a lot to offer, they are just new to here.

From you description I don't know why the comments would be deleted. Have you tried to contact a mod about a specific incident? Maybe there is a glitch that needs to be addressed?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digluv said:
DigginThePast said:

Ya but some posts I put 5-15 minutes of work into it suggesting how to use a machine only to return and see it deleted. That's frustrating.

I understand strong political comments or comments slamming someone but come on...just a simple comment?

digluv

I do not think they are intentionally deleting your posts.

Only the extreme political, religious arguements, or derogatory posts about sponsers are usually deleted. If a post is in the wrong location it may be moved, or if a post or series of posts becomes derogatory towards and attacks members they may be deleted........ Not sure where yours went, but even Marc has said sometimes a post of his is deleted...........

OP
OP
D

digluv

Dec 7, 2009
Treasure_Hunter said:
digluv said:
DigginThePast said:

digluv

Only the extreme political, religious arguements, or derogatory posts about sponsers are usually deleted. If a post is in the wrong location it may be moved, or if a post or series of posts becomes derogatory towards and attacks members they may be deleted........ Not sure where yours went, but even Marc has said sometimes a post of his is deleted...........

It's been too much me and one other guy to be a computer thing.

The only thing I can think of is down in the politics thread I made it clear I'm conservative and I've gathered since returning with this ID that this site is very liberal.

I may just see how it goes and if this continues return under a new name and stay off the politics thread and not let my convictions be known.

Or maybe I'll just return with my old original ID with thousands of feedback.

One thing is for sure, this isn't the forum it once was.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digluv said:
DigginThePast said:

digluv

I Never deleted a Post on the use a machine

Are you sure it Posted ?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digluv said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
digluv said:
DigginThePast said:

digluv

It's been too much me and one other guy to be a computer thing.

The only thing I can think of is down in the politics thread I made it clear I'm conservative and I've gathered since returning with this ID that this site is very liberal.

I may just see how it goes and if this continues return under a new name and stay off the politics thread and not let my convictions be known.

Or maybe I'll just return with my old original ID with thousands of feedback.

One thing is for sure, this isn't the forum it once was.

Due to being fairly conservative myself and not hiding that fact I would have to respectfully disagree that your posts would be deleted due to that. Providing that the post is not posted in the wrong area I've noticed that these guys seem to give both sides a chance to say what they want.

I don't wish to come off as being combative nor do I have a dog in this fight but when I compare this site to others, this site comes out on top as far as being fair. Though I've only been a member about a year, things may have changed from the way they were prior to my finding this site.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to stay off the political forum, too much BS.. It is always a constant "all the problems are cause by Dem", "no they are caused by Rep", when in truth they are caused by both sides equally........... I like it better when the Politics forum was pulled................

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, digluv, weren't you posting on that spam thread under "Metal Detecting"? I had at least 4 posts deleted on that thread because we can't post anything negative about a sponsor, even when it's true and deserved. That thread is now "locked" by either the Mod or the person who started that thread. I think you had at least 1 post deleted, too.

The reason that situation bothers me is because if a company can't stand some constructive criticism, then they won't ever see any of MY money.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Digluv's thread should be pulled. It's obvious to me he has another agenda and that
is to discredit TNet.
It hasn't worked and has only discredited himself.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Hey, digluv, weren't you posting on that spam thread under "Metal Detecting"? I had at least 4 posts deleted on that thread because we can't post anything negative about a sponsor, even when it's true and deserved. That thread is now "locked" by either the Mod or the person who started that thread. I think you had at least 1 post deleted, too.

The reason that situation bothers me is because if a company can't stand some constructive criticism, then they won't ever see any of MY money.

When You are Willing to Pony up
and pay their Sponser Fees ? that may work.

Wait No it won't.

Attacking Anyone on Treasuret is against the Rules.

constructive criticism is One thing.
If done through the Proper Channels.

Hijacking a Post making it go a different way.
Advertising for another dealer in a post
about a Sponser, Repeating Hearsay,
Or attacking a Sponser or Member
for that matter are not going to be allowed.
& If someone Responds to a Unallowed Post theirs goes
also Even if it's A good Post. Has to.

Besides He said

I put 5-15 minutes of work into it suggesting how to use a machine only to return and see it deleted.

Never Happened.

Not Calling him a Liar Just saying
he Must have Mislaid a Post.
I Know somone who did this earlier Yesterday Too
:tongue3: I Have lost My own also
till I Went into My posts to find them :D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
piggy said:
Digluv's thread should be pulled. It's obvious to me he has another agenda and that
is to discredit TNet.
It hasn't worked and has only discredited himself.

?

I don't remember ever having a Direct Problem
with anything digluv Posted.

Maybe a little with This One :tongue3:
But I Think I'll survive :tongue3:

It's also too early for the
Airing of Grievances
Festivus isn't till the 23rd. :wink:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, you wrote, constructive criticism is One thing.

What would be the "proper channels" for criticising a very high restocking fee? The company charging it will just ignore it. Why is it wrong to call attention to it to forum members before they place orders so they will know upfront what to expect if they decide the machine they ordered is not up to par? Not enough people pay attention to the fine print when ordering something from the web or catalog. If they know in advance that a restocking fee of $60 on a $200 machine will be charged, then they can take extra care in making dang sure that is the machine they want.

I can understand and appreciate what you are doing in support of an advertiser, but is illuminating the fine print wrong? If so, then I apologize to you,........ but not the company. And I'll say no more.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is on their website in black and white, and your are told if you ask. I knew about the terms before I bought the detector because, I asked, I couldn't very well complain about restocking fees when I knew about them before I bought it... It's not like it was a secret, I was told in advance. Did I like it, not necessarily, but I knew the policy..... I would have been even more unhappy if I could not have returned it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Jeff, you wrote, constructive criticism is One thing.

What would be the "proper channels" for criticising a very high restocking fee? The company charging it will just ignore it. Why is it wrong to call attention to it to forum members before they place orders so they will know upfront what to expect if they decide the machine they ordered is not up to par? Not enough people pay attention to the fine print when ordering something from the web or catalog. If they know in advance that a restocking fee of $60 on a $200 machine will be charged, then they can take extra care in making dang sure that is the machine they want.

I can understand and appreciate what you are doing in support of an advertiser, but is illuminating the fine print wrong? If so, then I apologize to you,........ but not the company. And I'll say no more.

The Proper Channels are to Go Direct to the source First.

& Only Bring it up Here IF you feel You have
Good Reason To. (Because it is Effecting You & Your
Being Ignored, or feel you are)

Not In somone Elses Posts & Not when
it Dosn't effect you Personally.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
I haven't had it happen to me, at least that I recall. Could be due to my looks and charm? :laughing7:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
It is on their website in black and white, and your are told if you ask. I knew about the terms before I bought the detector because, I asked, I couldn't very well complain about restocking fees when I knew about them before I bought it... It's not like it was a secret, I was told in advance. Did I like it, not necessarily, but I knew the policy..... I would have been even more unhappy if I could not have returned it.

Posts went poof. :D

You answered the way I hoped you would. If terms are posted there is no reason to be unhappy. We as customers have the ability to agree or not with the terms and decide whether to make a purchase or not.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I will get an e-mail notification on a post I am watching by a member. When I arrive to read the post it has been deleted or is not there. I can see why this might be happening in some of the more volatile subjects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread