Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Missing in the Bermuda Triangle- An Ongoing Saga

bigcypresshunter said:
It wasnt my quote. It was a copy and paste news release. Sorry I should have clarified that. I always copy and paste in blue. But if you bothered to read past the first line you would have known they were visiting family. One man is Hispanic the other is Bahamian with family in Bimini.. I think they are American citizens because they have children here residing in Miami.

Didn't think, and didn't say, it was your words.
Thats why I said "Quoted from [your] first post", which it was.
If it runs counter to what you think, then I guess you shouldn't have posted it.

You don't know their intention was to visit family.
I doubt if most guys running drugs say "Off to run some drugs, see ya in a few days!".

Im starting to wonder about your comprehensive ability.

Ditto for you, x2.
I just said "Didn't think, and didn't say, it was your words." - You think I'm, just making this stuff up as I go ?
I've been using the internet for a decade +, I know a reposted article when I see one.
I quoted the proposition that they were on a fishing trip from your first post, no its not your words, but its what you posted - a direct quote from what you posted.
Repeat "I AM AWARE THAT YOU DON'T THINK THEY WERE ON A FISHING TRIP".

Gilligans island thing was meant to be cold, I have no sympathy for criminals, which I am nearly certain they are.
Doesn't matter if their family is saying they were just going to visit grandma, you think they're going to say "oh, they were running a couple kilos of coke" ?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Xraywolf said:
Gilligans island thing was meant to be cold, I have no sympathy for criminals, which I am nearly certain they are.
Doesn't matter if their family is saying they were just going to visit grandma, you think they're going to say "oh, they were running a couple kilos of coke" ?
You know I wish I would have just asked you. You seem to be so certain of what happened.

Look I said I was sorry one time already for the misunderstanding. Im not trying to out talk you or put you down. If I wanted to I would. I learned a long time ago it is not in my best interests to create problems. I can only post the news as I get it. As more recent news becomes available, I will post it. Its an ongoing saga. I have no regrets in posting about the fishing trip. Its kinda irrevelant anyway, isnt it?

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bigcypresshunter said:
Xraywolf said:
You know I wish I would have just asked you. You seem to be so certain of what happened.

Well, from the link you provided, the drug running angle is being heavily discussed just 2 pages in.
Also "one of them is recently charged with possession, the other recently charged for distrubition, possession, and violation of parole and a concealed fire arms violation. 2 felonies."
I know hoodlums when I see them, maybe you don't.
These guys were not on some innocent family holiday pleasure cruise.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Xraywolf said:
Well, from the link you provided, the drug running angle is being heavily discussed just 2 pages in.
Also "one of them is recently charged with possession, the other recently charged for distrubition, possession, and violation of parole and a concealed fire arms violation. 2 felonies."
I dont know these people and I wont judge them by their race. I am just posting the story because I thought it was interesting.

There are several different links and many accusations back and forth. The forum the mother uses has 25 pages. Its hard to seperate fact from fiction. Could you kindly post the page number and link that has the felony record you mention so I can read it. I missed this important information.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigcypresshunter said:
Xraywolf said:
I dont know these people and I wont judge them by their race. I am just posting the story because I thought it was interesting.

There are several different links and many accusations back and forth. The forum the mother uses has 25 pages. Its hard to seperate fact from fiction. Could you kindly post the page number and link that has the felony record you mention so I can read it. I missed this important information.

I Agree With Your Atitude.
Not being Racist either.

It's sad How People Judge others.
I Imagine there is a whole Group
out there Judging Britany Murphy
for Dying at 32 Also :(

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Thanks Jeff but if they have a recent Felony record like Xraywolf stated, then it may be a big clue in solving this. I didnt run a record search on the missing boaters. I was just looking at 2 missing boaters and the children missing their fathers at Christmas. I cant judge someone by a picture.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

a recent Felony record Don't Mean Squat.

some People Learn from their Mistakes.

& Color of skin or Where they are From
Dosn't change that.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bigcypresshunter said:
Xraywolf said:

Where ever did I say anything about race ?
Fact is, I didn't - As if there can be no anglo hoodlums ?

If I'm proven to be wrong I'll be the 1st to admit it, under the circumstances all indications point to a bad/ill conceived plan gone wrong.

Full comment concerning criminal history of missing boaters:

"If you look up their names on that website it shows one of them is recently charged with possession, the other recently charged for distrubition, possession, and violation of parole and a concealed fire arms violation. 2 felonies. Seems going to Bimini would be another violation of parole. I think we have two drug dealers trying to make themselves disappear. No way people would try to make that run. It would be certain death and that's what they want us to believe."

http://www.thehulltruth.com/2669389-post43.html

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

QUOTE :
I know hoodlums when I see them

statements like this come off as racist.

& As Far as I'm concerned Is out of
line on treasureNet simply Because
of the Statements appearance.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Xraywolf said:

If I'm proven to be wrong I'll be the 1st to admit it, under the circumstances all indications point to a bad/ill conceived plan gone wrong.

"If you look up their names on that website it shows one of them is recently charged with possession, the other recently charged for distrubition, possession, and violation of parole and a concealed fire arms violation. 2 felonies. Seems going to Bimini would be another violation of parole. I think we have two drug dealers trying to make themselves disappear. No way people would try to make that run. It would be certain death and that's what they want us to believe."

Because you kept mentioning "fishing trip" and made a big deal over me posting it, makes me believe you are just reading this now. Fishing trip has been irrevelant and old news for some time now.

However, I think running a record search can be useful in this case. Ill have to it when I get more time. Maybe it was the first thing you did. :dontknow:

I think we need to know who had what charge. There are a lot of accusations posted on that forum. Simple marijuana possession would not mean anything. More serious charges and you may have something. Thank you Xraywolf for bringing this to my attention. I wish you would have posted their records with the Gilligan video... (it may be breaking TN rules :dontknow:)

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

Xray, you're providing information on theses 2 individuals, from a website. do you know for a fact it's true ?
do you know the website to be a totally truthful site ?
okay, they were charged with a crime. what were they convicted of ??
did you check that out ?
sounds like you have already proven them to be guilty.
we don't have to prove you're wrong, you have to prove they're guilty. JMO

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jeff of pa said:
QUOTE :
I know hoodlums when I see them

statements like this come off as racist.

& As Far as I'm concerned Is out of
line on treasureNet simply Because
of the Statements appearance.

Ok, so these guys can look like choir boys, of they can look like they can fit in on any most wanted poster in the country, and thats not the slightest relevance to this story, Ok got it.

FYI, I've known plenty of white hoodlums, used to be one myself in fact.
As mod, you are of course in a position to enforce your perceptions, I can tell you straight out you are in error implying that my comment of "hoodlum" had any racial connotations whatsoever.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

Xray, I think you should look at your avatar. think about what you are projecting to everyone that has seen it.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bigcypresshunter said:
Xraywolf said:

Because you kept mentioning "fishing trip" and made a big deal over me posting it, makes me believe you are just reading this now. Fishing trip has been irrevelant and old news for some time now.

However, I think running a record search can be useful in this case. Ill have to it when I get more time. Maybe it was the first thing you did. :dontknow:

I think we need to know who had what charge. There are a lot of accusations posted on that forum. Simple marijuana possession would not mean anything. More serious charges and you may have something. Thank you Xraywolf for bringing this to my attention. I wish you would have posted their records with the Gilligan video... (it may be breaking TN rules :dontknow:)

I can tell you I never heard of this story until I read this post about 3 hours ago, and have certainly not pursued the matter in much depth.
I am going with my gut feeling, if I was a betting man I'd bet that I am right, this was no innocent family visit gone terribly awry.
A slight chance that it is though, if that is borne out by facts I'll go on record saying I was wrong.

I didn't make any big deal over the fishing trip, I'll say once again, if something runs counter to your opinion, then don't post it.
Its old news, wrong, not relevant ?
Use the edit button, sheesh.
Just don't go off the deep end when people cite things that you yourself have posted.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

I tried to run a criminal background check but you need the birthdates.

Xraywolf, the information you provided us is hearsay posted by an unknown member on an open discussion forum. You posted it, just like I posted the news release.

Maybe you have the criminal records :dontknow: but you are coming off as making your judgement based on looks.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sniffer said:
Xray, I think you should look at your avatar. think about what you are projecting to everyone that has seen it.

I'm not going for this rapid fire questioning thing, as per your previous post.
Why do you do that ?
Would you like someone doing that to you ?
Would you answer every question if someone rapid fired off multiple questions in a row ?

Bottom line - I am as free as you are to express my opinions, I don't feel I have to justify a thing to you.
You pose your differences in a reasonable manner, as bigcypresshunter does, I will be more than happy to oblige you with debate.
But I'm not going for that rapid fire question routine.

As far as my avatar, you think Obama in Joker drag is racist, thats you.
I doubt if you are on record anywhere expressing any displeasure of the many mockeries of the last president, so you are not on very firm ground to cast any stones in that regards.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bigcypresshunter said:

Xraywolf, the information you provided us is hearsay posted by an unknown member on an open discussion forum. You posted it, just like I posted the news release.

Maybe you have the criminal records :dontknow: but you are coming off as making your judgement based on looks.

Its more than looks, not going into details as I'm certain I'd be wasting my time, and would just get more of the same from you.
Jeff is on record agreeing with you that I am racist for daring to consider the appearance of the individuals involved as a factor, when in fact I neither said nor even implied any such thing.
I am now removing my subscription to this thread and will not reply any further, lest things deteriorate.

You guys can continue by yourselves on your assumption that these guys were just innocently going to visit granny without any further interjection [of reality] from me.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

here's the reality, Xray you're accusing somebody of illegal activity without a shred of proof.
you admitted you read this 3 hours ago, but yet you now say, with all your knowledge that they are doing something
illegal. it's plain to see you don't believe in equal rights if they don't pass your test.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Xraywolf said:
bigcypresshunter said:

Its more than looks, not going into details as I'm certain I'd be wasting my time, and would just get more of the same from you.
Jeff is on record agreeing with you that I am racist for daring to consider the appearance of the individuals involved as a factor, when in fact I neither said nor even implied any such thing.
I am now removing my subscription to this thread and will not reply any further, lest things deteriorate.

You guys can continue by yourselves on your assumption that these guys were just innocently going to visit granny without any further interjection [of reality] from me.
Please dont leave on my account. Jeff is just doing his job. As far as these men being criminals, you may be correct, and I thank you again for bringing this to my attention. But we must be careful not to judge someone by a gut feeling. I think if you posted it as your thoughts, instead of saying you are certain, it would have went over better. Maybe you know something that we dont. I will try to dig deeper into it and if you find any solid evidence of criminal activity, please post it.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bigcypresshunter said:
Xraywolf said:
bigcypresshunter said:

Please dont leave on my account. Jeff is just doing his job. As far as these men being criminals, you may be correct, and I thank you again for bringing this to my attention. But we must be careful not to judge someone by a gut feeling. I think if you posted it as your thoughts, instead of saying you are certain, it would have went over better. Maybe you know something that we dont. I will try to dig deeper into it and if you find any solid evidence of criminal activity, please post it.

Not on your account at all.
When a mod says something like that against a particular poster, its time to fly - Doesn't bother me what other posters say, when a mod declares you as a racist, somethings got to give and, obviously, I will not come out on top.
My gut feeling of illegal enterprise, I feel, is just as justified as people with gut feelings that they were off to visit granny.
If things are so PC around here that the "missing persons" themselves cannot be discussed in anything other than generic terms, I want no part in it.

I hope they are found in any case, but if they was running drugs, I have no sympathy if they are never found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread