Phoenix area homeless man dies with a retirement account worth over $4G mill

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
http://www.NPR.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111091624
I heard about this on PRM they said there is a donor that left the bulk of his estate to PRM. You can read the story about him but I can tell you about him somewhat. The man had a brother but they grew estranged. Mr.Walters never married was a Marine and later graduated with honors and was employed in the aerospace industry. He had a hobby investing money and listening to his radio. Later in life he sold most of his possesions and went walkabout I guess. He lived the life of a homeless person eating at a mission where he later gave that mission a sizeable donation. He had a friend that was a nurse and she later became the executor of his estate. All I can say is you never know what the whole story is I wonder why he chose this did he do it because his belief in global warming, or did he just want to live off his social security and rather not pay rent? If anyone has anymore they might know about why he did this please reply I an curious as to motive. ;D
I located a little more about the man seems he was a social misfit. The followling website tells more about the man but it can be false since anyone can contribute.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Leroy_Walters

OP
OP
cdltpx

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Yes sir you are correct the man was a social misfit. According to wikipedia but we all know these sites can be wrong since anyone can write in them should anyone have first hand information about the man let me know he passed only 2 years ago and graduated with honors from university so he can't be totally wrecked. Now with regards to mental issues sure he could have had massive accomplishments and later failed to manage his affairs in a logical manner. This appears what had come to happen the man could invest but apparently didn't spend the money on himself? I can understand this to some degree but personally I doubt I would rather live ourdoors when I know I can rent a motel at least.
I have personally stayed in places when I had the means to purchase better. Simply because I have a dollar amount or percentage that I refuse to pay. Ask me no one should pay more than 25% of monthly earnings on their dwelling and just because you earn 2 million a month you should not seek a place that cost 500k a month rather you should buy your place outright and owe no one if you are so blessed.
We live in a place that serves up well we are not bothered when it is hot or cold no bugs dwell with us nor vermin like rats or mice. It is a mobile home and we make repairs even though others would have said get a new home. I say why? We are paying under $3oo monthly and wonder why anyone would saddle up with large bills when they could one day loose it all trying to look the part. We will own the place soon and when we do we intend to build or buy a better stronger more fortified place but only because of the danger of hurricanes and tornado. I want a dome home made of concrete for too many reasons to list. If I had 150k just doing nothing I would buy a dome in Ga thas is already constructed.
http://www.monolithic.com/topics/homes

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
As Wikipaedia is under constant review, please feel free to contribute
to this entry if you have first hand info.
As usual each entry is subject to editing and review.
It's usually only the newer articles that may be incomplete or have errors, as older ones have been thoroughly researched.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread