uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Is that his head next to it :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Yes, that is the head next to the body. Mrs. Z did a fine job with the shovel.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't tell if it's a corn snake or a rat snake... but as lumbercamp said, it shouldn't have been of any harm.

Bran <><

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A snake is a snake just keep them away from me.....Matt

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy, you avoided the emergency room, perhaps, but did you avoid the laundry? (heehee) The snake was probably harmless, but some folks really do fear them. I understand that and don't condemn them for their reactions. Education might be the answer, but it still doesn't overcome that fear.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Anyone for a spot of seal clubbing :D

Attachments

• dangerous seal.jpg
    dangerous seal.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 396

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
texastee2007 said:
shaun7 said:
Anyone for a spot of seal clubbing :D

Now, Now.....there is a huge difference between a snake of unknown species on a porch where known poisonous snakes live...and going out and clubing a baby seal.

I was only joking tee :laughing7: I would have done the same thing!

I'm so glad we don't have poisonous snakes and stuff here, just one more thing to worry about where the kids are concerned!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actualy thats a very pretty little corn snake , it wouldnt have hurt you at all , I wish I lived close I woulda brought it home .

S

stefen

Sometimes commonly referred to as the Skid Mark Snake

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
in a sudden fast "unplanned" meeting it can look like a copperhead to some folks -- copperheads are dangerous and aggressive and live in florida -- the recent cold weather in florida has slowed snakes down -- it was most likely hanging on your door step due to warm air leaking out from under your door , and the fact that corn snakes main prey is rats --which tend to live in and by homes.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Makes an excellent pet.

In the words of Inspector Clouseau: "Nyot anymeur.''

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They also love to eat little lizzards.......

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Better enjoy this Cappy. Didn't think I'd ever speak up for you. The corn snake and the coral snake both have the same colors but in different order. Coral snakes have a tiny mouth and can only bite you between your toes and fingers and maybe on the ear. When it's dark and you're startled it would be very easy to confuse the two although I believe corn snakes do get bigger than coral snakes. siegfried schlagrulei

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
texastee2007 said:
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
Better enjoy this Cappy. Didn't think I'd ever speak up for you. The corn snake and the coral snake both have the same colors but in different order. Coral snakes have a tiny mouth and can only bite you between your toes and fingers and maybe on the ear. When it's dark and you're startled it would be very easy to confuse the two although I believe corn snakes do get bigger than coral snakes. siegfried schlagrulei

indeed...Dad always told me Red touch yellow kills a fellow...Red touch black venom lack...hard to see in the dark!!! that color works for almost everything in nature....wasps...lots of creatures have RED TOUCH YELLOW

I'd heard that rhyme too but it would hurt you bad with black widow spiders. siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions