Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2009
    180 times

"untraditonal Christmas morning"

Greeting all! I'm writing this on Christmas morning, and I wish you all the best that being alive brings. There is so much un"traditional Christmas" stuff in my life, and I know I'm not the only one. My Christmas morning has no little ones opening presents, that's a memory for me. It does have a 26 year old son snoring softly on the couch,(we get to see him so little it's prettier than any carol). We had a rare blizzard yesterday, so a white Christmas this morning. To celebrate, after I put bird seed out at daybreak, Buffy-the-husky and I went for a stroll amongst the drifts of snow. She loves snow! There is never a happier dog than her when it snows. Her joy is contagious, and we played dances-with-wolves till we were both breathless. She's 12 years old, and just wears me out.! I went back in to fix breakfast for my husband. He has to work today, his schedule is grueling, 42 days straight with two days off, then back for 42 days straight. He's an oil-field pumper and most of his 50 some wells will be down after last night's blizzard, that means crank starting them with his almost 50 year old back. Y'all think of him and other pumpers who keep the oil and gas flowing to warm your homes. I know it's not a "green" attitude, but it's realistic one, and he's very dependable. My non-Christian Mom and sister will be over later and we'll grill rib-eyes and have 3 kinds of shrimp, baked potatoes, and a salad. It's a tradition we all enjoy!

Nothing traditonal about my Christmas, but I'm so filled with the Spirit for this moment, I wanted to share, and invite more stories of "untraditional" Christmas mornings. You know, your morning.

Jesus is the reason for me!

naturegirl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	christmas morning.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	357594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buffy hunting.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	357595  

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Wolfpack Life Member

Mar 2005
    Stephens City, Virginia
    Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
    9 times

Re: "untraditonal Christmas morning"

Jesus is the reason for me!
    Perhaps not traditional, but the true meaning of Christmas. Great post.

DM

Cappy Z.

I'll be over for the steaks and good company asap....

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    4602 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster
    940 times

I heard y'all would be gettin a white Christmas this year. In 50 years, I only remember about 3 in Oklahoma. Course up here it's a given. It varies as to location up here, but looks like you guys have more snow on the ground than I do around the house here.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Sponsors