"untraditonal Christmas morning"

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
"untraditonal Christmas morning"

Greeting all! I'm writing this on Christmas morning, and I wish you all the best that being alive brings. There is so much un"traditional Christmas" stuff in my life, and I know I'm not the only one. My Christmas morning has no little ones opening presents, that's a memory for me. It does have a 26 year old son snoring softly on the couch,(we get to see him so little it's prettier than any carol). We had a rare blizzard yesterday, so a white Christmas this morning. To celebrate, after I put bird seed out at daybreak, Buffy-the-husky and I went for a stroll amongst the drifts of snow. She loves snow! There is never a happier dog than her when it snows. Her joy is contagious, and we played dances-with-wolves till we were both breathless. She's 12 years old, and just wears me out.! I went back in to fix breakfast for my husband. He has to work today, his schedule is grueling, 42 days straight with two days off, then back for 42 days straight. He's an oil-field pumper and most of his 50 some wells will be down after last night's blizzard, that means crank starting them with his almost 50 year old back. Y'all think of him and other pumpers who keep the oil and gas flowing to warm your homes. I know it's not a "green" attitude, but it's realistic one, and he's very dependable. My non-Christian Mom and sister will be over later and we'll grill rib-eyes and have 3 kinds of shrimp, baked potatoes, and a salad. It's a tradition we all enjoy!

Nothing traditonal about my Christmas, but I'm so filled with the Spirit for this moment, I wanted to share, and invite more stories of "untraditional" Christmas mornings. You know, your morning. :wink:

Jesus is the reason for me!

naturegirl

Attachments

• christmas morning.jpg
    christmas morning.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 197
  • buffy hunting.jpg
    buffy hunting.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 194
C

Cappy Z.

Re: "untraditonal Christmas morning"

I'll be over for the steaks and good company asap....
:wink:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I heard y'all would be gettin a white Christmas this year. In 50 years, I only remember about 3 in Oklahoma. Course up here it's a given. It varies as to location up here, but looks like you guys have more snow on the ground than I do around the house here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions