ALL SMOKERS READ THIS YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
cigarettes taste funny lately ?..won't burn right ?...sore throat ? ..feel bad ?...migraine headache that won't go away ?..sinuses giving you a fit ?.........you need to read every word on every link below.....

information on the govt ruling to add chemical to your smokes WITHOUT toxicity testing..

http://hubpages.com/hub/Fire-Safe-Cigarettes

general info on ETHYLINE VINYL ACETATE, the chemical in question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene-vinyl_acetate

MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET on the chemical plainly telling you it should kill you...

http://specchem-apps.alliedsignal.com/prodcat/Pdfs/SWA/MSDS/acpa0002.pdf

been smoking for over 30 years..never cared to quit, but i will now after reading up on this last night.........g

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
So, the Bozo's in Washington have once again passed a law without having any idea as to it's ramifications................... Nothing new there.

Thanks for the heads-up gldhntr ! If FSC's start showing up at my cig store, I'll start rolling my own. Funny thing is, one of our states reps is already whining about declining cigarette tax revenue after they slapped another buck-a-pack tax on us last year. Lots of people have either quit, started rolling their own, or are buying 'illegally' over the Net to avoid the tax.

Those Maroons in DC really don't have a clue, do they ?

Diggem'

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Just another reason to quit... Not to get on a soapbox here, but I quit almost 2 years ago at the age of 40 after smoking for 25 years. I used Chantix to help me quit smoking and have never looked back and have never had one single moment where I felt like I would kill for a cigarette. I can't say I feel like a new person, but I do not have to deal with the morning routine of coughing up stuff and sinus infections. It may not have lengthened my life, but it damn sure has improved the quality of my life. I strongly recommend Chantix. Good luck, Gpurs..

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
I tried the Chantix also, but the results were not the same for me. I experienced some side effects from the drug. Horrible vivid disturbing dreams, loss of appetite, absolutely no sex drive :dontknow:, and pretty severe depression....I understand that it is a wonder drug for many who try it, but for some it doesn't work so great. Just my two cents

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people in my family & some friends who quit died from some form of cancer within a year. I've smoked for over 45 years. So I'm not planning on quitting. Guess you could say it's six of one & a half dozen of another.

The thing that really peeves me is the government raising the taxes higher & higher! Jeeze give me a break! Why don't they put a ten dollar a bottle tax on booze? Booze kills & sickens way more people than cigarettes (documented). Guess there are more people with power that drink than smokers. I'd like to see a bunch of smokers file discrimination lawsuits. Smokers are secregated, unfairly overtaxed, etc. etc.

Enough of my rant, I'm gonna step outside & have a smoke & another cup of coffee. ;D ;D ;D

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
keverett said:
I tried the Chantix also, but the results were not the same for me. I experienced some side effects from the drug. Horrible vivid disturbing dreams, loss of appetite, absolutely no sex drive :dontknow:, and pretty severe depression....I understand that it is a wonder drug for many who try it, but for some it doesn't work so great. Just my two cents

Sorry to hear it did not work out so well for you Kev. I only mention Chantix because for those who tolerate the drug well, it can lead to them being smoke free for the rest of their lives. Obviously if someone experiences negative side effects they should stop taking, as you did. It really is a strange thing how the same drug can effect people in exactly opposite ways. My dreams were incredibly good, probably the best I have ever had. Multiple good dreams EVERY night, and I was able to remember them the next morning. Appetite stayed about the same. Sex drive went through the roof! As a matter of fact, my gf at the time wanted me to go get and keep taking my final month of the prescription, although I was off Chantix after two months. I did get the third month prescription, but it still sits up in the kitchen cabinet ;D.. If this stuff had been around when I was a teenager, I probably would have taken it as a recreational drug :tongue3:!!
Hope you find a way to quit! Good luck, Gpurs..

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Thanks Gpurs for the support. I had the exact opposite happen, my GF at the time was just about to leave after 2 weeks with hardly no hanky panky. I just couldn't take the side effects any longer. I have heard tons of people say that it worked great for them. The funny thing is I have never had a reaction to any other medication I have ever taken. This was the first time that I experienced a negative side effect.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FREAKIN SCUMBAGS.....Here we try to bring kids up right and our own government promotes smoking ads to make them attractive to kids.

I know one of you is reading this.

For what?
Money?
seriously?

I take this personally.

Life here is short you'll have to pay for the pain you've promoted soon.
Now, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Attachments

• You-Are-Smoking_Crack.jpg
    You-Are-Smoking_Crack.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 452

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
lets see add a chemical known to emit toxic "vapors" if in a fire --into a already toxic device that is intented to be burnt in use by its very nature --cigarettes--- what are the smokers not dying off fast enough? is the govt afraid that the smokers (baby boomers) that have been paying taxes thru the nose all these years (thus benefiting the govts coffers )-might start getting ill in droves and need expensive health care *? heres a easy fix add a deadly chemical to the cigarettes under the pretext its for "fire safety" it will then croak off those long term smokers and keep them off the medicare rolls thus not costing the govt money.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan,

You might be saying that as a joke - but............................that just may be the case.

The government rails about cigarettes and smoking, but here some another truths.

Millions of our taxpayer money goes to help support tobacco growers.
Millions/billions of dollars are collected from taxes on tobacco products.
Millions/billions of tobacco tax dollars are a big part of our education funds - that's right, little Suzie and Johnny's school is helped by tobacco revenues. How will THAT be replaced??? Maybe all schools will become "pay as you go".
And, now, the government is passing legislation, unbeknownst to these very same taxpayers, to add a product that can be hazardous by itself, and put it in a consumer product, intentionally, without any separate warning labels (illegal for any product that needs an MSDS sheet, and it does need one).

Maybe cigarettes kill us, but, is it better if our government is killing us?

Oh what will we do when there are no more billions of dollars going into the politicians pockets from tobacco taxes????????????????

B

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I shall start smoking. Just one more thing to aggravate folks. Kools, too. You might tell me it will take 10 years off my life, but actually won't that be the worst 10 years? Just jokin. If y'all want to smoke, go ahead, it don't bother me.

cassbiz

Feb 17, 2007
Schmölln, Germany
Detector(s) used
OKM, Whites, JW Fisher, Mala
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 27 years of smoking, Chantix was what did it for me. Plus after Heart Palpitations I was very motivated.

I doesn't surprise me that the Gov't is forcing the tobacco companies to add more additives. They are also the ones that pass and raise the taxes. If they had a clue they wouldn't have passed the Health Reform Tax.

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i think there might be a bit more to it...besides the non smoker governmental crowd getting at all those horrible smokers {like myself !}, i think there is alot more to it....remember the just failed to pass health insurance thing they were trying to force down our throats ?...what better way to change the vote next time than to cause thousands maybe hundreds of thousands of people to start showing up at hospitals across the country, sore throat, busted lungs, etc, at the exact same time as the same amount are showing up with pig flu, and whatever other epidemic they can cause because they are the ''govt'' which means to them they are GOD, and they can do us as they please as we are only sheep, and sheep have very little brains, and can make no decisions themselves, and everythings bad, the hospitals are full, and we really need this insurance now don't we ? so by all means vote for it should we all perish if you don't........pure B/S........gldhntr

simplemaninpr

Nov 27, 2009
The Mountains of Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
I have noticed that certain cigarettes (here in PR I smoke what I can find) do stop burning at a certain point if I am not inhaling at the moment. The most noticeable is Newports. The cheaper brands like JD's I don't believe have the flame retardant.

Whether or not it is harmful, I only have to surmise that adding one more chemical to a product that is already full of chemicals doesn't really matter as it ALL is bad for us.

I smoke because others don't. I am sort of a rebel that way.

Ernest

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I quit about 12 years ago using a product called Zyban. this is not for everyone, it does have side effects
however, 1 week after taking it, I put down the smokes and haven't picked them up again.
I do still have craving after a big satisfying meal, but I'm in control now and I say no
while I don't agree with all the control the gov. has in tobacco, cigarettes already have over 500
different man made chemicals. what kind of damage are they causing ?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree Rginn.
What you do to yourself is your own gig.

But, here's a an attractive photo I found online of someones mouth after years of smoking....I'm so happy I quit.

Attachments

• disclrint.jpg
    disclrint.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 287
  • smok1.jpg
    smok1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 330

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disgusting as that might be, my issue is the additional government intervention.

Just think - how do we feel when "they" attack treasure hunting?

But, then again, we aren't hurting anyone, right? "They" think we are stealing the public's wealth, so we ARE hurting other people.

Anywhere, or everywhere you go, there is something a group of people like to do - and anywhere, or everywhere you go, there is somebody who thinks you shouldn't be doing that.

It's never-ending.

B

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ain't gonna start smokin, 4-H. My dad used lifesavers and quit in 1968. My mom tried to quit at the same time, but she was so hard to live with we let her go ahead. She said that smoking would never kill her. She died in 1994 at 54 years of age of a brain aneuryism. The doc said smoking could have caused that. It wasn't so much that she should have quit; she should never have started.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I was one of those stupid people who started smoking, by the time I quit I was up to 3 packs a day
now, I can breathe better, I don't stink, I enjoy eating again. I'm glad I quit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread