Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quit buying metal detectors. I've been through a dozen in my first year looking for the right equipment. I bought two more this past week :o It's a really good thing they hold their resale value ;D

I sold my Tiger Shark and my Surfmaster PI needs repair, so what did I do? I bought a Surf PI Pro, then I thought I'd try picking up a used Sovereign and came acrossed a good deal on an older Excal. I guess when the surfmaster gets repaired I will put it up for sale.

My detectors to stick with this year:
Surf PI Pro
Excal w/Grey Ghost underwater headphones
Conquistador
BH Lonestar

I hope my wife doesn't see this post..............

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
GibH, I know what you mean about the wife! I keep all my detectors hidden at work so she wont find out how many I have now..... ;D :laughing7: :laughing9:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep mine in the bedroom. I would like to get different one but need to get rid of a couple first......Matt

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
EddieR said:
GibH, I know what you mean about the wife! I keep all my detectors hidden at work so she wont find out how many I have now..... ;D :laughing7: :laughing9:
???? Dang! shoot me when it comes to that

no kidding! "dang" is right! ..... wives can be such TROUBLE..... LMFAO!!!!!
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :laughing9: :laughing9:

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Whites Beach Hunter TDI
K*E*L*L*Y,

You are correct! I am headed to Arizona in Feb and decided I should go ahead and get a GMT so I have a higher frequency detector for gold. Of course last year I went to Sebatian FL for some beach hunting. First day a rogue wave got me. The water that hit the detector was like the finger of God. I drove that day and bought another DFX. Sent the old one in fore repairs (they fixed it free). Luckily, I was in Florida, so all of this went undetected (not pun intended) until I got home. Now, where should I have my new GMT sent so I can enjoy this trip until I get back???? :icon_pirat: :help: Curt

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do everything I Have been doing.
Do everything I Want to do even
if somone says it aint good for me.

and be indecisive, inconclusive,
and change my mind often after january 1st. arrives

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
camcolo said:
K*E*L*L*Y,

You have the correct! I am headed to Arizona in Feb and decided I should go ahead and get a GMT so I have a higher frequency detector for gold. Of course last year I went to Sebatian FL for some beach hunting. First day a rogue wave got me. The water that hit the detector was like the finger of God. I drove that day and bought another DFX. Sent the old one in fore repairs (they fixed it free). Luckily, I was in Florida, so all of this went undetected (not pun intended) until I got home. Now, where should I have my new GMT sent so I can enjoy this trip until I get back???? :icon_pirat: :help: Curt

my house? and i got a really good friends in AZ....want me to see if you can ship it to his place?!
....... on a side note.... i just dont get this.... why cant you get a new detector? i must be to easy going?
hmmmm...... ill work on that hey!!!!

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
do everything I Have been doing.
Do everything I Want to do even
if somone says it aint good for me.

and be indecisive, inconclusive,
and change my mind often after january 1st. arrives

thats what i like to hear..... "and be indecisive, inconclusive,
and change my mind often" chicks do this all the time!!!!! :)
......................... great minds think alike...... ::) ::)

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
Gee....let's see. Ship it to your friend in Arizona...... Naw, I am orginally from Oklahoma, but that sounds too good to be true. I guess if I had not bought that new Jeep Rubicon, buying another detector to support my hobby/addiction would not be questioned. My wife does not like metal detecting or being out in the wilderness..... it seems to work for both of us. :icon_thumright:

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
camcolo said:
Gee....let's see. Ship it to your friend in Arizona...... Naw, I am orginally from Oklahoma, but that sounds too good to be true. I guess if I had not bought that new Jeep Rubicon, buying another detector to support my hobby/addiction would not be questioned. My wife does not like metal detecting or being out in the wilderness..... it seems to work for both of us. :icon_thumright:

LMFAO!!!! awwwww true love!!! :love9: :love9: :love9: :love9: :love9:

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
New Year's Resolution

K*E*L*L*Y,

That brings a tear to my eye...... please stop..... I am LMFAO. True love? Maybe. I don't think she hates me.......

My only New Year's resolution is to do more trips that incorporate metal detecting. Part of my consultng business is training local governments. So, I decided I will only schedule training where I can do some detecting or collecting. First one scheduled is in Scottsdale in late Feb, then I will spend 4 days in western AZ detecting for meteorites and maybe gold. The second trip (business and pleasure) is scheduled in Arkansas in April. I have always wanted to dig diamonds at the State park (only place in North America with that geological formation)! Plus, there are some good places to detect in Arkansas and Oklahoma. Grand Junction Training in May is next (metal detecting and fossil digging). I am going to try to do at least one per month. At least I can write off part of the travel costs as a business expense. If I play this right, I can spend at least 3 months on travel and detecting. That does not include the 4 wheeling trips I take up here in the Colorado mountains.

I used to spend as much time as I could at home, but at 53 I figure I better get out and enjoy life before my historic (old) bad habits (when I was much younger) kill me! As a note: yes, I have always had these hobbies. Yea, she probably hates me.......

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: New Year's Resolution

camcolo said:
K*E*L*L*Y,

That brings a tear to my eye...... please stop..... I am LMFAO. True love? Maybe. I don't think she hates me.......

My only New Year's resolution is to do more trips that incorporate metal detecting. Part of my consultng business is training local governments. So, I decided I will only schedule training where I can do some detecting or collecting. First one scheduled is in Scottsdale in late Feb, then I will spend 4 days in western AZ detecting for meteorites and maybe gold. The second trip (business and pleasure) is scheduled in Arkansas in April. I have always wanted to dig diamonds at the State park (only place in North America with that geological formation)! Plus, there are some good places to detect in Arkansas and Oklahoma. Grand Junction Training in May is next (metal detecting and fossil digging). I am going to try to do at least one per month. At least I can write off part of the travel costs as a business expense. If I play this right, I can spend at least 3 months on travel and detecting. That does not include the 4 wheeling trips I take up here in the Colorado mountains.

I used to spend as much time as I could at home, but at 53 I figure I better get out and enjoy life before my historic (old) bad habits (when I was much younger) kill me! As a note: yes, I have always had these hobbies. Yea, she probably hates me.......

PROBABLY HATES YOU???? its like money in the bank baby!!! LOL jk.... its cool

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
True, patience cannot be purchased. Let's see..... 21 years, working 10 hours per day....that was patience. 2nd career: Work 6 days per week, my hours. I think that as I get older, the only two things that scare me are: Will my kids be successful in life and love and, secondly, when I feel life slipping through my fingers, I don't want to think "I wish I had done this or done that". Of course, with the latter, you have to keep it in perspective (some people could go overboard).

My wife is very happy to see me do what I enjoy. As I am happy for her to pursue her interested. Sometimes they overlap. Sometimes not. But we both respect each other.

Happy New Year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread