May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see land under the trees you can detect.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
I can see land under the trees you can detect.

LMAO!!!
Cru,
You are a die hard. ;D :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for the video CWH. You are going to be a pro in no time. Can't wait to see some of your digging videos once you thaw out. :icon_thumleft:
Did you also film the Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield? :wink: ;D
-MM-

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
Looks all too familiar. We were on our way back from Richmond Virginia driving back to Ohio after attending a funeral when we got hit by the storm, spent two days in a motel in Covington Virginia but we had power and heat but had to walk down the road to a convenience store to buy food. All in all we were fortunate to have shelter.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
Jesus. My granparents will have up to 12 inches by the end of this week. But we had a resnowing and the ground is covered again. Time to make a new vid.

Bell-Two said:
Looks all too familiar. We were on our way back from Richmond Virginia driving back to Ohio after attending a funeral when we got hit by the storm, spent two days in a motel in Covington Virginia but we had power and heat but had to walk down the road to a convenience store to buy food. All in all we were fortunate to have shelter.

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
I know about them scary trees. I just took down a 200 year old oak tree a couple of months ago that was "sick". I had the county extension agent out here last summer and he said "it might die this winter, it might live five years. When fall came, and all the other trees started exhibiting their beautiful colors, from yellow to red, this tree just dropped everything. Leaves went from green to ground in about two days.

The tree sat about 15 feet from my house, was 48" in diameter at the base, and could have crushed my whole house if it fell in the wrong direction. It would have landed on my bed if it had the right attitude when it decided to fall, and definitely would have crushed my baby (my Harley) since the garage is right beside where the tree was. I called a buddy of mine who does tree work, and he told me he'd drop it and cut it into firewood length rounds for me for $700.. a "friend" deal... which I thought was awesome. It took him three days to slice that tree into rounds.

After we dropped it, I hired a couple of local kids to swing some mauls and split it all up into firewood. Ended up with 6-1/2 cords of firewood. Almost ran out of space to store it. After paying the kids to split the wood, I think I ended up at right about a $1000 investment in taking that tree down. Wood is running about $125 a cord around here now that propane and fuel oil has gotten so expensive so I don't consider the cost of taking the tree down to be too high. I've got enough wood for a couple of years now, and simultaneously got rid of a very worysome hazard.

We're expecting our first big snow blow tomorrow... but we've had very frigid temperatures for the last few days. Probably won't get pretty stuff like you are showing... will most likeley be just ugly.

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
No thanks I'm going fishing it's clear and in the mid 70s here. Got one of my favorite t shirts on and some shorts so I can dangle my feet in the water. Probably wash the convertable later so it looks pretty for my prospecting trip tomorrow. Good luck with that frozen stuff.

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
plehbah said:
You should dig out the root-ball and detect it!
Well an oak tree has a root ball that's at least as big around as it's spreaded branches, so that would be around a 50' root ball. I don't think I'll be digging it up. Might grind a hole in the top of the stump and plant some flowing ivy, but that's about as ambitious as I'm gonna get on that stump.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions