Rare coin tossed in Salvation Army kettle (Probably Worth $10.00)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost Missed it :tongue3:

“This just happened to be on top of the tube,” said Hicks, describing how the coin came to be stacked after the change was sorted.

Bookkeepers with the Salvation Army will need to adjust their balance sheet a little more to the good after it was discovered someone tossed a rare quarter into one of the holiday collection kettles here in Edenton.

Bill Hicks, chairman and treasurer of the Edenton Lions’ Club, is well aware the town ranks among the state’s oldest, but he was still surprised to find a donated coin that dates back to some of the area’s historical architecture. And discovering the 1853-quarter was a mere coincidence.

http://www.dailyadvance.com/news/rare-coin-tossed-salvation-army-kettle-13991

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
4-H said:
I think this is a really nifty way to give what you can. And, it makes the news. You hear stories more and more how people are doing this.

Cool post Jeff

Not so sure that someone was being generous, but rather made an error. Seems to me there was a huge chance that this coin would have just been rolled up with the rest and deposited at the bank.. I dunno. Gpurs..

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GPURS said:
4-H said:
I think this is a really nifty way to give what you can. And, it makes the news. You hear stories more and more how people are doing this.

Cool post Jeff

Not so sure that someone was being generous, but rather made an error. Seems to me there was a huge chance that this coin would have just been rolled up with the rest and deposited at the bank.. I dunno. Gpurs..
I wouldn't say huge but, it's possible. Even silver Roosevelt's catch peoples eye now a days. Just by the sound falling and hitting the ground or sheen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions