What are the worst cities youve ever been in?

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
What are the worst cities you've ever been in?

I have to say

1) Chicago, IL - I just hated it

2) Detroit, MI - Not my cup of tea

3) Gary IN - I didn't have a bulletproof car

4) Philadelphia, PA - Well if I liked rats the size of cats I would have loved it

5) New York, NY - Too many rude people

Disclaimer-- These may be very nice cities in certain areas, but not the areas I've worked in.

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Re: What are the worst cities you've ever been in?

I've always enjoyed Boston.

I was about 12 when in DC, and I knew then it was a shi*hole I'd never go back too.

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin

plehbah said:
Scariest cities:

1. Nairobi, Kenya

2. Washington, D.C.

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Detroit, MI

Although those cities were the scariest, I have the most trouble when I am working in some little town in Colorado or Wyoming. It seems like fellows wearing dusters and carved out of ham always want to string me up. I seem to find myself avoiding fisticuffs most often with bored locals in rural locations, and crackheads when I detect skid row in the city.

Happy freakin' new year!

Have you considered wearing a disguise ? :wink:

Attachments

• Everybody-loves-stay-puffed.jpg
    Everybody-loves-stay-puffed.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 523

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4-H said:
It would have to be between Detroit and any city in Louisiana.

Agree 100%

I have to work in Detroit every so often and I lived just south of New Orleans one year prior to and 2 years after Katrina. New Orleans would have to be #1 on my list as it is a total craphole!

Currently I live in Cleveland...which so happens to be #2 on my list!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

the worst I've been in would have to be, Atlanta, Ga. with Chicago a close second

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

Bethlehem, West Bank

Indianapolis (BORING)

Nuevo Laredo Mexico

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta

New York...
A lot of nice restaurants, but you have to put up with loud and obnoxious New York city people :-\... Have never been to Newark or Philadelphia, but would guess that they are as bad or worse...
New Orleans(chocolate city) was an armpit before the Hurricane, and the same type of people are still there so I would guess it has not gotten better..
Atlanta,,, been run by hustlers and thugs since the mid 70's..

Have typically had good luck in most Midwestern cities including Chicago. Seem to be more honest and down to earth folks in the Midwest... Gpurs...

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stateside, Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Drove through there in the late 60's during cotton harvest. The whole town was in a fog of burning cotton hulls, and the streets were littered with trash and and a lot of angry looking dudes standing around on every street corner. Out of the country would be Tripoli, Libya, the area called "old town". Filthy with fly covered raw garbage and smelled like feces! Not a vacation spot to say the least. Monty

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

vibes said:
Bethlehem, West Bank

Indianapolis (BORING)

Nuevo Laredo Mexico
What a shame - I was in Nuevo Laredo in '53 and had a ball.Times change.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

Anchorage, 1979 looking for work at high noon, lunch traffic, guys stop try to pull me in to their car!! cabbie behind(big bear of a guy) saw me fighting & came to my rescue. took me to pawn shop & bought me a pistol & taught me how to use it. so it was the worst & the best all rolled up in to one. that was during the height of the "oil boom" way to much $$, drugs & alcohol flying around. I would hope things are different now. give me the back country any day!!

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

Mamabear, I'm glad you made it through that ordeal safely.

Back Country for me too.

One thing I know from all my travels, is that cities have too much pavement, and too many people.

B

BIG61AL

Inkster Michigan. Every nearby park covered in broken glass. Giant swastika painted on the entrance to the park down the street. About every forth house has been vacant for years. Guy pulls into a 7-11, points a shot gun out his window and fires two bear slugs at the cashier. He missed both times. No work to be found. I had to work at a burger king for $4.00 an hour. I never have met so many part time drunks and full time alcoholics in my life. This place was more depressing then when I lived in Brooklyn NY. I'll never go back there.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mamabear said:
Anchorage, 1979 looking for work at high noon, lunch traffic, guys stop try to pull me in to their car!! cabbie behind(big bear of a guy) saw me fighting & came to my rescue. took me to pawn shop & bought me a pistol & taught me how to use it. so it was the worst & the best all rolled up in to one. that was during the height of the "oil boom" way to much $$, drugs & alcohol flying around. I would hope things are different now. give me the back country any day!!

Hey, Mamabear, I was stationed at Eielson AFB, 1976 thru 1979 and the folks around Fairbanks would tell you real fast that the pipeline brought all kinds of trash and camp followers in from the lower 48. Those idi-ots would vandalize a food / fuel cache out in the bush just for the "fun" of it. The crime and vandalism brought up by those pipeline workers and their followers was the reason the sourdoughs began to shoot first and question later if they found you on their claims. Before, they'd usually invite you to use your detector to nuggetshoot the area because they knew you weren't going to try any claimjumping. After the pipeline, that stopped. They became very defensive about strangers in the area. All that money coming in also put the Alaska natives in a bad position when they discovered that they had a genetic disposition toward alcoholism.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC

El Paso/Juarez(same thing) Texas/Mexico

Juarez is a glistening, steaming pile of dog s**t populated with gangbangers, hookers, drug dealers and drunken police. Best of all they don't speak English. Gunshots, garbage, people having sex in public...doing drugs in public...saw a corpse. Never going back for any reason for the rest of my life.

New Orleans was horrible if you walked for 30 seconds in any direction off the French Quarter. Mostly welfare scum and ghetto dwelling trash of all colors and descriptions doing what they do best. Some have an awesome accent of Creole mixed with ignorance.

Las Vegas is a wound covered in neon. Hated that city. It was the most depressing place I think I have ever been. Hopelessness hangs over it like a wet blanket.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oklahoma City. The city, as we call it. It is the end all and be all for our aspirations in Oklahoma. (Where's Billy Joe now? Aw, he lives up there in Choctaw and works in the city) I just hate it for that appellation. The city. The city that brought you the word 'closure'. I hate that word. Timothy Mcveigh blew up the courthouse, and I saw that a couple of days after. My God, my God. No words at all for that. (I seen a lot of bad things, but that was about the worst thing I saw in real life up to that point in time. I had trouble even conceiving of it.) But that event brought the word 'closure' to the forefront. Pricktown is a joke. They did the riverwalk thing, and the best thing about that was when they opened it, two dudes ran up it on jet skis. They were busted. You want any type of serious medical care, you're referred to a doctor in 'the City'. And you have to drive for hours to your appointment in 'the city'. When I die it would be cool to be reincarnated as a valet in Nichols Hills, and I can park your car down on Reno where they will steal your wheels, or maybe down on Lincoln, just south of the Capitol, where you can appreciate the diversity of prostitues we enjoy in Oklahoma. (Tourist info. You can just sit there and visit with these girls between tricks. Since it's Oklahoma, the heartland, they do like to visit and gossip. Just don't interrupt their work time.) Yeehaw, go OU. OKC sucks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread