Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pay Pal Fee's

ok what's up with the pay pal fee's lately , everytime you see a add for something up for sale they also not only want you to pay shipping an the price of the machine but also the paypal fee............I'm sorry my thought is you eat it ,if you cant sell your machine an not pay your own pay pal fee then you shouldn't be using pay pal , I just think its BS to stick the customer with the fee , I myself if I see an add like this I move on, forget it I'm no longer intrested in dealing with you, an believe me I past up on 2 detectors last weekend because they wanted the buyer to pay the fee, granted both where less than $10 each but it's the point .an yes I did get a detector this week end an didn't pay any extra fee's.

I know this post will piss off a few but to each is their own .

HH Tank :icon_thumleft:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Re: Pay Pal Fee's

No, I don't think your post is upsetting to anyone. But you're right. However, keep in mind that it will all come out in the end. People will add up shipping+handling+price+PP-fees to get Total Cost. If it's more than the others total cost, it wont sell. So, just get total cost. I'm guessing that people are starting to try and trick people into just looking at the price. This was a problem a while back when an item would cost 99 cents, but 'shipping' was $180, etc.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree mike gues mmy thing is eat the $3, the $8 ....eat that change to make the sale,I'm sure I'm not the only one who will pass up an add like this ...just seems to me like greed is trying to make the sale , I know we all are watchin our money a bit closer these days but damn.

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT

What exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about selling on ebay or selling directly to a customer from your own website? If you're selling on ebay, then you need to take the paypal costs into account with your selling minimum because that is the way most ebay customers (or any auction) are going to want to pay. If you're talking about selling directly to customers and your volume is high enough to warrant a monthly fee in lieue of a higher percentage, you need to set up a shopping cart system that takes credit cards directly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread