Can you eat a 72oz steak (sirloin) in an hour?

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

discovery_bound

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota, B&R in Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
That's insane. A 72 oz. sirloin with sides can feed me for 3 days! Earlier this year, we had an Air Force Captain try to eat a 56oz steak....and he succeeded, but paid dearly for it. He said he was up all night in pain and sweating a whole lot. Even said his sweat and urine smelled like steak...I didn't ask for proof, just took his word for it. Sometimes a free t-shirt just isn't worth it.

HH
DB

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eating 1 would be easy but passing 1 well lets not go there :o

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
John Candy ate the old 96'er in "The Great Outdoors" ;D

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I saw the guy on Man Vs Food do it too, I think he did it with time to spare

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
have to talk to Burdie about that one. we'd probably have to buy a cow first

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once, when traveling through there - we just had to stop there, but when they saw Mr. O, they locked the door! (no lie). They didn't have an hour left to be open.

But, its a salad, and a potato and bread - and all that meat - you do not have to eat the fat or the gristle. Back then, Mr. O probably could have done it - now - that's a weeks worth of meat!

B

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Texan in Amarillo is a cool place. Forget about the 72 ounce steak deal. They do chicken fried steak right and they got fried okra. And plenty of iced tea. Good entertainment some nights, too. My ex-wife did a show out there some years back and that was the first time I was ever there, but I been back a few times since then.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anyone can do chicken-fried steak right (it's one of the few meat dishes that I just cannot eat - pounding steak into oblivian, dragging it through breading, frying it and then covering it with peppered white gravy just isn't my cup of tea), - geesh, I sound like a food fuss-budget - but I'm really not, I just like to SEE my steaks and I like it cooked just short of a vet being able to fix it.

What else do they make there - I thought (by word of mouth) that they have great steaks and hamburgers and roast beef and bakery fresh breads. Supposedly, even their salads are great.

I would like to go back and actually eat there.

B

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rando,

Yep - we are going to have to check our geneology - definitely related.

If the steak for chicken fried is so tough - I'd rather have a hamburger. :laughing9:

I like 'em rare, too - like I said before - If a vet can almost fix it - I'm there, staining my mashed taters red!

I don't know - I've tried chicken fried steak from several different people - I just cannot get with it - oh well.

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread