The gal of some women (an ex from long ago)

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
plehbah said:
Is this woman by chance a member of this website?

?? Not that I am aware of. Keep posting Plebah. I might have missed your sense of hilarity.

K

Kentucky Kache

I cocked an eye at her, she cocked an eye at me, and we just sat there cockeyed at could be.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
mikey where do these chicks find you???? AND HOW??? its like.... ten years later...
TRUST MEEEEEE all you need to do is show her the topic on here about how you
didnt shower for five days... i think shell leave ya alone! :)
**disclaimer ... mike is still LOVED by tnet, even if he doesnt like to shower*** .... maybe!

Yeah, and you know what she did tonight? She left a message on my facebook (yeah, I know, I need to dump her from facebook too), But she sends a message saying "Mikey, get out of my head". I had to explain this to my GF too. Fortunate, she realized that she was at fault, and I wasn't flirting.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody else wants to say it - I will.

She is already in your head. If she wasn't, you wouldn't care. You'd block her from your phone, you'd take her off Facebook (you wouldn't have put her on) - and, you are all frustrated. Let's face it, no matter what you say - its flattering to have the last laugh.

Been there - done that. My ex could get in my head whenever he felt like it - knew all the buttons to push.

She doesn't need to get you yet - all she needs to do is get you and your GF arguing and/or split up, and you can cry on her shoulder. (her plan, not yours, obviously). And, after all that, it doesn't mean she wants you - it only means that she wants to make herself feel better, by working her mojo. (and having it succeed), and then she will be on her way again.

Let it go. Get rid of any and every trace - no talking, no Facebook, no phone conversations. Nothing.

Unless you want to perpetuate the deal.

Some day, when you least expect it, you will run into her, and feel ---- absolutely nothing. No love, no like, no nervousness, no anger, no sadness for her - nothing - just like it was the first time you'd ever seen her - or like she was a stranger on the street.

B

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
mrs.oroblanco said:
Nobody else wants to say it - I will.

She is already in your head. If she wasn't, you wouldn't care. You'd block her from your phone, you'd take her off Facebook (you wouldn't have put her on) - and, you are all frustrated. Let's face it, no matter what you say - its flattering to have the last laugh.

Been there - done that. My ex could get in my head whenever he felt like it - knew all the buttons to push.

She doesn't need to get you yet - all she needs to do is get you and your GF arguing and/or split up, and you can cry on her shoulder. (her plan, not yours, obviously). And, after all that, it doesn't mean she wants you - it only means that she wants to make herself feel better, by working her mojo. (and having it succeed), and then she will be on her way again.

Let it go. Get rid of any and every trace - no talking, no Facebook, no phone conversations. Nothing.

Unless you want to perpetuate the deal.

Some day, when you least expect it, you will run into her, and feel ---- absolutely nothing. No love, no like, no nervousness, no anger, no sadness for her - nothing - just like it was the first time you'd ever seen her - or like she was a stranger on the street.

B

We'll, you're almost right... Except for a lot of stuff. You see, I seem to be somewhat of a nice guy, where I don't like to make other people upset. I'd rather ignore them. But honestly here... I have no feelings for her at all. She had my email addy from a LONG time ago... she just recently started contacting me again. Also, she's my best friends sister, so when she WASN"T acting strange, I felt it was o.k. with adding her to my facebook friend list. That was obviously a mistake.

To be brutally honest with you, she's not attractive anymore, and I think the only reason she's in contact with me now, is that she hopes that she can muster up old feeling in me, or perhaps she remembers what we once had. We did have a really good thing.... a LONG time ago. Not anymore. Now, I just feel sorry for her becuase she's now married to a complete loser, but at the same time, I'm very glad that it's not me.

If she lost 80 pounds... then we 'might' talk. (I'm just being brutally honest here).

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, gee golly whiz - that was superficial, wasn't it?

The whole thing might change if she lost 80 pounds?

Hope whoever you marry doesn't gain weight.

B

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
mrs.oroblanco said:
Well, gee golly whiz - that was superficial, wasn't it?

The whole thing might change if she lost 80 pounds?

Hope whoever you marry doesn't gain weight.

B

Yes, I'm sorry. it was. I've been drinking a little tonight and I'm not the best. However, I'm not usually like that.... I just used that to describe my feeling for her. She's evil incarnate. EVil women she is.... Even if she did lose 80 pounds, I still wouldn't be with her becuase she is simply and evil women.

Sorry I said that.. that was mean.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
mikey where do these chicks find you???? AND HOW??? its like.... ten years later...
TRUST MEEEEEE all you need to do is show her the topic on here about how you
didnt shower for five days... i think shell leave ya alone! :)
**disclaimer ... mike is still LOVED by tnet, even if he doesnt like to shower*** .... maybe!

Yeah, and you know what she did tonight? She left a message on my facebook (yeah, I know, I need to dump her from facebook too), But she sends a message saying "Mikey, get out of my head". I had to explain this to my GF too. Fortunate, she realized that she was at fault, and I wasn't flirting.

are you messaging her back on fb?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mike to keep the current GF happy and show a bit of respect to her as well -- "old flame" needs to be cut off --cold turkey --no contact peroid --no face book block from calling ect -- if its really over , then you owe it to all three of you to do it -- so that way everyone knows exactly where they stand --to do otherwise sends "fake" messages of hope to the ex -- makes the current GF wonder whats up --and over time will cause you "drama" issues you do not need.

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
I think in my case the old gf thought we could be friends now that I was married, whereas I was not interested in being friends when I was single. Still not interested in being friends honestly. I'm not certain of her true intentions, don't really care. It certainly isn't going to lead towards any sort of a romantic relationship ever again. Don't care for it... and even if I did, her husband is a 350 lb ex offensive lineman for the New York Giants so I'd be thinking twice.

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Why dwell on the reruns when there are new and exciting feature attractions to attend. You've seen that one before and know how it ends, change the channel.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if you could gotta along with your ex --you / they wouldn't be ex;s now would ya?

theres a reason their a ex -- ps -- fire still burns you if touch a hot stove -- no matter how long between touches -- but some folks seem to be slow learners -- they need repeat lessons -- 1 week later ouch still burns me --- a month later --ouch still burns me --a year later ouch still burns me --some folks never seem to get it sadly -- they got learning issues

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Funny, I read your post on the day you wrote it and didn't think too much about it at the time other than feeling sorry for the ex with her desperate attempt to rekindle what the two of you once had. Well, strangely, last night my wife came to me and told me that there was an e-mail in her e-mail account to me from my ex-wife. I thought that my wife was just jerking my chain a bit as she does so well, but she was serious. In the e-mail my ex-wife was chatty and wanted to "catch up" with each other on the events in our lives. She asked about my family, job, yada yada, etc. What makes this so strange is that after four years of marriage out of the blue all of a sudden she wanted a one month separation without any contact from me and then we would get together to "discuss things." Well, after a month when we got together what she wanted to discuss was who got what in the divorce. Obviously, it wasn't too amicable of a divorce. But here's the kicker--that was TWENTY years ago! And this woman thinks that I want to be friends? Go figure.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan & Texastee, and of course, BigWater,

You are both on the money - kind of what I was trying to say. Everyone has one person in their lives that has the "if" factor attached - I don't know why - they are the people who just seem to be able to mess with us. (without any consent from us). They can also get us ticked off at ourselves for LETTING them do that. The first thing is to get on handle on US, (because you're not going to change what they do or how they are, you have to change how you react).

That's where Texastee's "coulda, woulda, shoulda" comes in - work it out in yourself, then - for your girlfriend, for your sanity, for your own well-being, do what Ivan and I said - stop, cut it off, no explanations to her necessary, no conversation, get rid of every single thing that is attached to her. (I think we are assuming that you do not have children with this girl, because that does influence things).

Think of the Al Anon saying - Easy does it and do it. That means chill out about her, because, when you let yourself be angry, you are letting her into your head.

It does sound a little like you two may not have had real closure on your relationship, even so, you need to give yourself closure in your head and your heart. It also sounds like, you are just going to have to do it yourself. (for yourself).

Just try to remember that - what you want is to feel (different from thinking), NO emotions about this person that is toxic to your life, and you need to understand that anger - and even disgust - is an emotion.

Like Ivan said, sometimes we do not learn - or at least, we don't learn right away. We justify things to protect ourselves - its the human thing to do.

It's not that she has gained 80 pounds, or even that she may be a shrew to other people - it's not even about a 350 pound husband. It's about someone coming back into your life who seems to want to screw things up - and might be able to as long as their are emotions there. (not that you are planning an affair or anything like that - its just that those kinds of situations tend to throw us off balance for awhile, and anger is a very strong emotion).

Talk to yourself, get your priorities firmly in your mind - and get rid of anything that pertains to her - from her name on FaceBook, to getting rid of your own anger.

I can tell you, personally, once that happens, it is a blessing. It is a pleasant surprise and a blessing, when the day comes that, when you see this person on the street, or in a store - that you feel...............absolutely nothing. No happy, no anger, no dread, no want for revenge - nothing.

Gotta tell you - that was one of the best days of my life. I still see my ex from time-to-time, now, and I can honestly say, once I crossed that speedbump, it is now like seeing any number of the other people that come to weddings and funerals (the only times I see him), just another person.

B

Rasputin,

Don't you just love stuff like that. My ex did something very similar years ago. Out of the blue. (sigh).

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
i have to agree with mrs. oroblanco. I've had my own experience with an ex gf, no details needed, justthe same sort-a stuff already mentioned. I was friends with a sibling of hers for years before we got together and when it was over, because of how she was, I broke contact with them too, blood is thicker than water. This one tried to contact me twice after my wife and I first got together, even went as far as getting her nephews to call and threaten me. Since we all lived in the same area I was worried about running into her cause she was the type to start something even after a bunch of years. Jump forward to 2 or 3 years ago and she was in the paper, it seems her and her bf od'ed together. With no disrespect meant to her or her family or his for that matter but the first thing that crossed my mind when i read the article was "at least now I know I wont run into her", thats all the feeling or emotion I had left for this woman. Again, I mean no disrespect and I hope noone thinks I was being mean but that was honestly my first thought, later I just felt bad for both their families.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
mrs.oroblanco said:
It's not that she has gained 80 pounds, or even that she may be a shrew to other people - it's not even about a 350 pound husband. It's about someone coming back into your life who seems to want to screw things up - and might be able to as long as their are emotions there. (not that you are planning an affair or anything like that - its just that those kinds of situations tend to throw us off balance for awhile, and anger is a very strong emotion).

Well, there is no emotions. All it is, is just, "what the heck does she think she's doing?" ...and then I come here to vent.

I realize now, looking back, she wasn't all that smart about the correct things to do... like, looking up your old ex's. Some things are just meant to be burried. And some people just don't get that.

To dredge on a pun... this is not a treasure that you dig up.

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ivan salis said:
--and over time will cause you "drama" issues you do not need.

Ivan, I think most of the responders on here make a lot of sense. However, having read a significant number of Mike's posts over the last few months, I think he thrives on "drama"

Just opinion of course, but for that reason I will not make any recommendations whatsoever.

My last post on this thread as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread