Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be here reading plehbah's Posts
Making sure he's Behaving himself ;D

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
Well I guess the question begs, what kind of s**t hitting the fan are you talking about? Social revolt? Governmental takeover? A moon sized metor hitting the earth? Some things you can prepare for, and some things there are just no preparation for. I'm prepared for the basic problems... long power outages, food shortages, hyper-inflation. Lots of supplies, a "cave" for lack of a better word, chain link fence and razor wire to be added if necessary, and TONS of ammunition... but frankly I don't worry too much about it. If s**t gets so bad that I have to worry about all of that, I don't much care to fight the situation. I'm over half way through my life, my kids are grown, my grandkids are half grown. I've lived a good life, and whatever happens from here on out will just happen.

At this point in my life, the only thing that really worries me is that my grandkids are being robbed of the lifestyle that I was able to grow up with. Those kids are going to be paying for today's decisions by our government for their entire lives, and beyond, and it just makes me ill.

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is the issue. What is coming? I have no idea.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
and i wonder why she sleeps with my friends

The More you Suffer.
The More it Shows you really Care !

Right !

YEA !

Cool Song !

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rando said:
jeff of pa said:
I'll be here reading plehbah's Posts
Making sure he's Behaving himself ;D

Actually Jeff, I consider his contributions in a matter such as this- Invaluable.
:laughing7:

Sage advice is necessary to offset "Rando's creepy end of the world knowledge" and certain "I'd rather sit back and "like, just be, man" views..

:laughing7:

he knows I'm Pesting :D

peacock

Oct 16, 2009
Be prepared. (We do have to be responsible for own lives.) (I do not care for goverment or corparation. control. ))) But, I think we should not worry so much. Stuff happens. We can not control everything Good sruff may happen or bad stuff may happen.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great list Rando!

I would add one more thing - which actually ties all five of yours together.

Mistake 6:

Not knowing your personal capabilities. (the bigger part of that being things like - getting older.) What you could do yesterday, you may not be able to do tomorrow.

So, it is important, super important, to re-evalute on a regular basis, and tailor your plans to your (and your family's) capabilities. You may have the greatest plan in the world, but if you can not implement it, it won't matter.

If you had a plan last year, and this year you have a brand-new baby, you have to change those plans to include that fact, or, if you broke your hip last year, you need a contingency plan.

So - update regularly.

B

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
The Beep Goes On said:
Shortstack said:
Never fear.... but my question still stands. What specific situation are you talking about? Or don't you have one as an example?

One person's catastrophe is another person's minor irritation. What would YOU be really, really, really, really, really upset about? If you'd let us know, then we could be sure to NOT do it.........at least around YOU. :laughing7:

The rule of thumb is nine meals BUT any woman without toilet paper
for more than a day is going to be very unpleasant to be around. A
wise man will load up on paper goods that can serve multiple purposes.
Paper towels can be cut to use as toilet paper, used as dish clothes; used as fire starters; used as coffee and water filters; etc. so no need to waste money buying toilet paper in quantity or coffee filters in quantity.
When it reaches the roving gangs level it might benefit you to make it look like your home has already been looted. A corpse just outside the door and a few busted windows and some strewn trash will work wonders for making your place look uninviting. Leaving the hood up on your vehicle will make it look like it is broke down and less inviting to steal.
There are many more factoids and tidbits and they have been published here and elsewhere repeatedly over the years. Survival is a way of life and if you wait until the last minute to get working on it you had better be a very good shot and very lucky. That isn't to say you should do nothing it means get started and prepare as best you can in the time you have left.
We are headed to the point where food and ammo will be the only things worth anything. Obviously all things will have a positive or a negative value but those two items will have the highest value. Ammo will be the most important of the two because it can be used to barter or steal food. Food alone will not last long if you can't defend it. For right now protect your wealth with precious metals and ammo. As things get worse turn your precious metals into food and ammo.
Make a habit of printing out things that are helpful. If you bookmark them and put them in a folder in your computer and you have no power to operate the computer they will do you no good. siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread