The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month. REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls. .... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number. HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON .. It takes about 20 seconds.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Yep... BS. this has been circulating for a very long time. It's the same thing as "Bill gates is paying 10,000 if you forward this email onto to other people".

Trust me. BS.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep due to a similar post
in Everything else a few Months ago I Checked.

B.S. (boy scouts)

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
jeff of pa said:
yep due to a similar post
in Everything else a few Months ago I Checked.

B.S. (boy scouts)

Actually, this email has been flying around since I remembered it about 10 years ago.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that companies sell our info (phone #'s ) and such to each other without our permission, well where's our cut we have to deal with the hassling calls and spam. thats what I call B.S.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
poorhunter78 said:
I heard that companies sell our info (phone #'s ) and such to each other without our permission, well where's our cut we have to deal with the hassling calls and spam. thats what I call B.S.

Well, as of recent, a few companies started auto-dialing cell phones, which is illegal. For example, everyone got that cell phone message saying that your car warranty was about to expire.... The FCC finally caught the bastards. Since then, there has been 1 other do that to my cell phone. It had to deal with mortgage refinancing. I tracked down the law firm that was responsible and they explained that they hired a company to advertise for them, and they were not aware of the third parties tactics, and said that they would immediately cut ties to them. Perhaps I did my part. I still filed a complaint with the FCC just in case.

The law says that if you are called by a telemarketer, that if asked, they are required to mail you their policy on do-not calls, and also are required to reveal the company that's responsible for trying to sell the product.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread