I think I might just be doing alright after a year of being laid off.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
After being laid off and out of work since Feb of 2009, I've feared the worst. I LLC'ed, and build a website, started freelancing to make money on the side until I found a job. We'll, I did my finances yesterday and as it turns out, I managed to make enough from the side to put every last penny back into my savings, and considering everything, I'm now 'broke even' from where I was when I got laid off.
The only difference is, is that instead of going to work 5 times a week, I'll wake up at 2 in the afternoon, work for a few hours in my pajamas, then play with my doggies for the rest of the day (Oh, and get on T-net of course). Of course I'll stay up till 4 in the morning doing so... but that's a privilege.

I'll tell you what... being my own boss is turning out to be a-o.k. with me. The only drawback is that I've become somewhat of a homebody, but even then, that's not so bad. I do what ever I want... The bread and butter is getting thicker as time goes on... so who knows, maybe I'll just keep this 'position'.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
texastee2007 said:
well done...make sure you are taking your proper deductions so you don't get hammered at the end of the year.

Yes, and what i've been doing, is buying the parts and boards, and getting a check for the parts, boards, and labor.

SO, if my labor fee is 3,000, but to total check was 5,000. Then I'll need to write off 2,000. I've been worried that, that amount of write off might trigger a red flag, because this amount of write off is typical.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
dont forget to exercise or you will be a big boy come this spring and have to eat rabbit food so you can bend over and retrive the targets i got started last week i have four months untill a cw movie shoot to get back into my artillery shell jacket and i need to loose at least 20-30 lbs to do that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread