Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mrs.oroblanco said:
If Rginn is correct, I think it is a BAD business strategy - I don't think anyone tunes into a program because of a bad review of the show OR the channels commercials.

B

It makes a type of sense, but it's circular reasoning. Sure, even bad publicity is publicity (B. Spears comes to mind), but the people who would respond positively to bad publicity are the same as those that would be easily swayed in the first place.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
The Beep Goes On said:
mrs.oroblanco said:
If Rginn is correct, I think it is a BAD business strategy - I don't think anyone tunes into a program because of a bad review of the show OR the channels commercials.

B

It makes a type of sense, but it's circular reasoning. Sure, even bad publicity is publicity (B. Spears comes to mind), but the people who would respond positively to bad publicity are the same as those that would be easily swayed in the first place.

YOU, Me, We, create the commercial trends...chalk it up to "memes"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
The more offensive and irritating ads are the more they are remembered. Seems to work. Some of y'all have already given free plugs to some of the products just by mentioning their names. Mission accomplished. I still have one of the old-fashioned TV's that you are able to put in the 'OFF' mode.

I may be wrong 40 Years is a Long time,
But I Don't think I Ever Bought anything
because "I saw it on TV" or because
of a Commercial. in all my adult life.

As a Kid I May have asked My Parents for things
I saw on Saturday Morning Cartoons.
I think all kids do.

I Feel sorry for any adult who Believes Commercials,
and donates, or uses them for shopping lists.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one item in my life.

The Pet Trimmer. A guy I work with and I went half/half (second one was 1/2 price). It's the only thing I've gotten (except maybe the kid thing), and it wasn't because of the commercials, really, its because my vet had 3 or 4 of them, and she used them on our GH Pointer. (thick nails). My friend at work wanted one because he fosters abused min-pins, and wanted a better way to do their nails. So, it cost both of us less than what my vet paid.

B

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
vibes said:
YOU, Me, We, create the commercial trends...chalk it up to "memes"

We, collectively, may shape our culture(s), practices, ideas, etc., but I'm pretty sure that none of us asked to be bombarded by tasteless commercials. Our competitive economic model is to blame to a large degree and they are going to use whatever makes the most money. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread