Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on going to school and trying to better yourself. When I was in college, I felt I was worsening myself. They put me in honors classes. My college career terminated on the day I stood up and told my honors English professor (excuse me, Doctor) 'Look, I'm payin you to teach me. Not the other way around. I ain't gettin paid to listen to the angst you experienced after your high school years up to the time you finally found yourself. So get back to English literature. Beowulf or something. Mark Twain would be cool too.' That's just about a direct quote, too. Gotta D for that course. Which is amazing, as all honors classes were automatic A's or B's on the basis that you were thought to be a genius. I am doing a little community college stuff now. I would recommend advancing your education to everyone here. It keeps you out of the bars for the most part as you're too old to hang out with the frat crowd, and could come in handy in case you're ever on that 'Jeopardy' show. Seriously, good luck Allen; keep us posted as to how it goes.

OP
OP
allen

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree, Plehbah is an excellent source of information
and could teach alot of people quite a few things !
RGINN said:
Congratulations on going to school and trying to better yourself. When I was in college, I felt I was worsening myself. They put me in honors classes. My college career terminated on the day I stood up and told my honors English professor (excuse me, Doctor) 'Look, I'm payin you to teach me. Not the other way around. I ain't gettin paid to listen to the angst you experienced after your high school years up to the time you finally found yourself. So get back to English literature. Beowulf or something. Mark Twain would be cool too.' That's just about a direct quote, too. Gotta D for that course. Which is amazing, as all honors classes were automatic A's or B's on the basis that you were thought to be a genius. I am doing a little community college stuff now. I would recommend advancing your education to everyone here. It keeps you out of the bars for the most part as you're too old to hang out with the frat crowd, and could come in handy in case you're ever on that 'Jeopardy' show. Seriously, good luck Allen; keep us posted as to how it goes.
Thats where im at now, the community college, but will have to transfer
to U of K for my masters degree in a couple of years.
Thank you for the dose of confidence .

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
my wife is almost finished with college, she needs 3 more credit hours to receive her MBA
so once she finishes I going to go back, maybe I'll gets me som mo of dat books lurnin

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, back to classes for me, too,
Then summer, fall, etc. for about another year to year and a half...

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just stick with it!
I started college 20 years ago, but it didn't work out that I could continue at that time. I had good grades and was in good standing after 3 semesters.
Then, last summer, I decided to go back. I had 14 hours that would transfer, the rest didn't. This is my third semester at the college I'm going to now and I plan on finishing!
You can too! :thumbsup:
Best of wishes and luck!

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread