Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Cute book.... But, more importantly how can the doomsday clock be moved back?? Maybe that should be the next question for your amateur philosophy question of the month deal :thumbsup:.. Seems like for about a year now we have been moving much closer to doomsday, if not for the planet, at least for our country :-\.. Gpurs...

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
GPURS said:
Cute book.... But, more importantly how can the doomsday clock be moved back?? Maybe that should be the next question for your amateur philosophy question of the month deal :thumbsup:.. Seems like for about a year now we have been moving much closer to doomsday, if not for the planet, at least for our country :-\.. Gpurs...

http://www.turnbacktheclock.org/

The above site gives the reasons why the clock was moved back a minute.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
HaHaHa... I just read a writeup over at Naplesnews.com about moving the clock back one minute. Sounds like a load of crap to me. They cite a more hopefull environment brought about by,,,,drumroll please,,,,,,, Obama :o!! Obama is credited with working with the Russians toward nuclear disarmament(Reagan was doing this 25 years ago), along with trying to negotiate with Iran :icon_scratch:... The article mentions nothing of the reality that Iran has not budged one bit and continues to build underground nuclear facilities while Obama begs other countries to join us in,,,,,,,,sanctions.
Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention that these judgements and opinions are presented with the help of 19 Nobel Laureates,,, I would assume of the same ilk of which Obama obtained his Nobel????
So now the doomsday clock is being reset based on political good will and the love-fest with Obama, rather than on the facts that two nations led by mad men are moving closer everyday to perfecting and using nuclear bombs... Now that is change you can believe in. :bom:.. Gpurs..

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Childrens' Book----Obama----Doomsday.

That's cute.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
BuckleBoy said:

That's cute.

Thats what I thought BB, this guy just don't know when to quit, or just keep it in the political forum. ::)

Very cute book, and not really to far off on what it is like in 2010

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WindHarvester said:
BuckleBoy said:

That's cute.

Thats what I thought BB, this guy just don't know when to quit, or just keep it in the political forum. ::)

Very cute book, and not really to far off on what it is like in 2010

I really liked the book. My favorite kids' book is the novel called "The Way Station" by Clifford Simak.

:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread