a little friend

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is kinda funny. Anybody remember when Dr Spock released his book of raising kids....even though he never had any? This falls into the SAME boat. If you have never dealt with a Cottonmouth in the wild instead of looking at one through a glass window at the zoo...then it's best you keep quiet on the subject and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a good place to hunt....just watch for the critters....not the kind of thing you want to find.....

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
I've been bitten twice by black widow spiders..

That was enough for me. Now I kill every black widow I come across. I live in the Mojave Desert and come across scorpions often while I'm digging for artifacts. They get the same treatment. I have eight rescued cats and built a sanctuary for hundreds of desert birds,squirrels and desert tortoise. But if there's the slightest possibility that a rattlesnake,etc might snag me I blow it away with my Colt .45,say a couple Hail Marys and put the incident out of my mind.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, :icon_thumleft:

My turn... ;D

I am a big animal lover, love all kinds snakes, lizards, fish, bunnies, deer and bears all kinds of Animals.... :hello2: Anyway we have seen lots of post on here about killing a snake while metal detecting. :'( Most have been pointless kills that likely did not need to happen just because the snake was there or in the way. People needed to make some noise and tell these guys whats up but... :icon_scratch: This guy clearly said the thing attacked him and an 80 year old man. :o I don't think the man can run very fast and I'm sure the snake would get him. :dontknow: Killing the snake was likely the best thing to do...

However a post strictly about killing a snake should go on another forum. :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my home or about to hurt me or a loved one, if we can't get away its toast. But, otherwise it goes its way I go mine. The author I think was defending them once a Cotton mouth comes at you it will not stop! I've been chased by one and getting back to the car in time is all that stopped it! :-\

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
If they don't bother me I won't bother them but am going to be prepared for those snakes that didn't read this and want to eat me

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
We here in Michigan only have the massauga rattlesnake to contend with, they are pussies and will run,or buzzz. also we have the saying, snattelrakes where is two there is always one. If ya feel kike ay gotta kill one, make a hat band out of it. Bob

OP
OP
rennie

rennie

Aug 26, 2007
New Braunfels, Tx
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Man I did not mean to start such a cat fight!! The reason I put the cotton mouth to sleep was that he was around a habitation. They give no warning like a rattle snake, and he was coming at me. When I certified for my carry licence I fired 248 out of 250. I was raised on a farm and carried a pistol with me on the tractor or in the truck. If you have ever had a good dog bitten by a snake, it is cheaper on bullets than the vet. Don't ya think :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread