I drink, therefore, I am.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I've been working out of my home from 1pm to 10pm for a while now. All the while, my girlfriend teaches from 7am to 3:30pm. She gets quite upset (tonight, no exception) with me staying up late after I 'get off work" at 10pm, to hang out and wind down with a few drinks before I go to bed (sometimes at 4am). I feel quite bad (because she make me feel that way) for not going to sleep when she does at around 11pm.

Perhaps I need to bite the bullet and do the needful thing and just go to bed and get up at 9am. Argh!

But my excuse is, that is really doesn't buy me anything becuase my message service answers my phones for me until I wake up, and I've not lost any business from sleep so late. Perhaps I'm lazy... or perhaps I'm just my own boss.

Hmmmm...... Pig (pygme)? what do you think.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I've always wondered why you even have a partner.
There's more to life than sleeping and working, how about
some exercise and sunshine.

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you ask so you need to spend more time with your wife that is if you want to keep her. bildon

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
pygmy said:

As always, Pig is right on the money.

I guess what's always made me respect you pig, is that you remind me of a dear friend that has always had trouble with the law... only because he tells the law straight up how he feels. But most of the time, he's right. You are straight forward without any hangups, and by God, that is very good (I bet you can eat 50 eggs- do you remember that movie?). Damn the others that can't take a kick in the arse every once in a while.

Thanks for that kick my rear. I needed that.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
"You cannot please everyone in the world and be happy within yourself. But, you can please the Self within you, the You in you, and be happy for ever."

A lil tidbit from my friend Baba Shuddhaanandaa

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you would like to keep her, you'd better learn how to please her.
Sometimes, as a guy, you've got to do what may not be convenient in order to make the other person happy.
Like that ol' saying goes... "If Mamma ain't happy, ain't no one happy!" And I've found that to be quite true when it comes to women in general.

Bran <><

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
texastee2007 said:
mikeofaustin said:
pygmy said:

As always, Pig is right on the money.

I guess what's always made me respect you pig, is that you remind me of a dear friend that has always had trouble with the law... only because he tells the law straight up how he feels. But most of the time, he's right. You are straight forward without any hangups, and by God, that is very good (I bet you can eat 50 eggs- do you remember that movie?). Damn the others that can't take a kick in the arse every once in a while.

Thanks for that kick my rear. I needed that.

Mike I am wondering about the title of the thread. Do you have to drink? Is it a problem...if so get some help. It will improve your health and family life. Just my own opinion.
I have been over this drinking problem before with Mike and against
others opinions here , I stressed alcoholism was my diagnosis .
Now we have another symptom of alcoholism appearing;
sexual dysfunction.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
mcgearhead said:
You are choosin' a bottle over your girlfriend ?! It's not the fact that you aren't goin' to bed when she does. It's the fact that you would rather spend time with the bottle and not her.

My oppinion would be deligate a time for both. If you love her then you should want to be with her.
I don't agree Mac, as I think the booze and the "rest" are now at the
stage of being incompatible.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, dude, time to grow up Friend and take responsibility for your life. It affects others who love and care about you. Time to stop playing the "I know how best to ruin my life, so leave me alone" thing.
Sorry to come down so hard on you, Brother, but I was once there...
No one could help me until I wanted to help myself.
I know that you'll do the right thing, for those you care about, those that care about you, and especially for YOU! :headbang:

Best Wishes,

Scott

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Fella, you seem to move from one crisis to another. I feel for ya, but like the Pig has stated over and over again, alcohol seems to be the common link with all of your problems. Good luck to you, Gpurs...

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bite the bullet and do the needful thing and just go to bed and get up at 9am

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I'm not sure if drinking has played a part in a lot of my problems, just the some of the ones I post here. Yeah, I'd like to stop, but something about being cooped up in these walls makes it hard to ignore the bottle. I can remember when I was building furniture in my garage... I was very happy. In fact, one time I was yelled at for 'not' drinking on Fridays, when I would rather be outside sanding my latest creation.

I haven't built anything in a while. Probably because maple is expensive, even from the cheapest places. I once built a super display cabinet out of birds-eye and was absolute beautiful. I took me so much time to get everything right. That one costed me $600 in material alone. Perhaps one day, I can find something to take me away from my evils again.

I do think there is a lot of knowledgeable people here and I thank them for giving me the honest truth. They sometimes apologize for 'telling it how it is', but I feel thankful for their honesty. I guess that's why I post here. Nobody else is going to get me on track.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
texastee2007 said:
mikeofaustin said:
I'm not sure if drinking has played a part in a lot of my problems, just the some of the ones I post here. Yeah, I'd like to stop, but something about being cooped up in these walls makes it hard to ignore the bottle. I can remember when I was building furniture in my garage... I was very happy. In fact, one time I was yelled at for 'not' drinking on Fridays, when I would rather be outside sanding my latest creation.

I haven't built anything in a while. Probably because maple is expensive, even from the cheapest places. I once built a super display cabinet out of birds-eye and was absolute beautiful. I took me so much time to get everything right. That one costed me $600 in material alone. Perhaps one day, I can find something to take me away from my evils again.

I do think there is a lot of knowledgeable people here and I thank them for giving me the honest truth. They sometimes apologize for 'telling it how it is', but I feel thankful for their honesty. I guess that's why I post here. Nobody else is going to get me on track.

I for one would love to see your work!!! Wood working is so rewarding, to take something raw and turn it into a thing of beauty. One last note, if you don't buy it you won't have it there to drink when the walls close in on you. Start a diary, read anything, make small jewlery boxes that cost less and you could sell them...anything to get back into your creative self. We are pulling for you!

Thank you much texas T.
I'm always reading on the next technology, and because I work out of my house (have a lot of time), I try to identify things that I can develop and sell on my website. Woodworking, while it is my favorite thing to do, just doesn't sell enough. And your right, it should be for my well being, not anything else.

I'm currently making average money working out of my home doing electronics design, and believe me, I'm always trying to identify what I can mass produce through china (I've got outsourcing mass production experience too), to find a product that a lot of people would want to buy. Perhaps I'll find that product one day. Unfortunately, china digs and digs for ideas as well. That's why you can find just about anything these days for cheap, just by googleing.

I could go on and on about ideas that I had, and I'll google them, and find the exact same product that I thought of for sale.

Soap box: It's upsetting that if an American comes up with an idea, and just 2 month later, china copies it, even though it's IP property. Unfortunately, our laws don't apply to china or any country outside 10 miles outside our shoreline. That's one of the reason I was laid off 1 year ago. China copied our chip, and we couldn't compete because china was selling the exact same chip (that they copied) for pennies. Soap box off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread