Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so very sorry, she is a beautiful dog.. I have been thru this so many times n it never gets easier.. they are part of your family and its so painful when this happens, unless your a dog lover or animal lover, you wouldnt understand.. but truly I do understand and my heart goes out to ya.. : (

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
We are very sorry for your loss, nowheels.
Vibes, also for you.
Marc, likewise.
T, great poem.
River Rat, likewise.
As well as yours, DigginThePast.
The pain is something that takes ones breathe away. I pray that you all are comforted and find some other very fortunate buddy, not to try to replace the one who has gone on, for I know that cannot be done, but rather one to share your love with, for that love is made for sharing.
The reason I mention this is because after losing a beloved pet, I tend to avoid becoming close to another one for so long. Thank God my children show me the error of my ways. Sincerely, Richard

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello Nowheels I am sorry for your loss. She was a very beautiful dog. I personally love dogs and by the look on her face
I can tell she was a good one. I have been very fortunate to have had three good dogs in my lifetime, all of which lived
well over ten years. The last one, a black lab,we had for a little over fourteen years before we had to have her put down.
It is really tough to lose a pet that has been so faithful and loving all their life, so I understand your pain and sorrow of losing her. I'm sure she will be waiting on that Rainbow Bridge that 'DigginThePast' posted for you. May God bless you and
your's and help ease the sorror of your loss.

Tee I love that poem but it sure is a tear-jerker. And with your permission I, too, would like to copy it. In reading those
words they seem like they are coming right from the heart and soul of your own lost dog. Thank you for posting it.

DigginThePast This is another great one. Your story of the Rainbow Bridge is very touching and the way you feel it in your
own heart it seems so real Thanks for posting it. And with your permission, I would like to copy it.

Nowheels You started a great post going here All of the answers here have been so good to read. Makes one realize there are
so many good pet-owners with much understanding and love. Hopefully they will all help to cheer you up a little.

May God bless you all for the special care you give your pets.

Ray

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Thanks everyone!

It's pretty grim in our house at the moment, but we're looking at a lot of very cute puppys. Hopefully I'll see my missus
smile again :-\

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.....I raised Boxers for 20 years and know what it's like to lose a beloved dog....

I know have an Eclectus Vosmaeri parrot with average lifespan of 30-50 years, she will out live me...... :'(

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
karenray08 said:
DigginThePast This is another great one. Your story of the Rainbow Bridge is very touching and the way you feel it in your
own heart it seems so real Thanks for posting it. And with your permission, I would like to copy it.

Ray

Ray - Thank you for the compliment but I am not the author of "Rainbow Bridge", it is out there on internet. I first heard of it many years ago when my vet sent it to after the passing of a beloved pet.

skypilot02 - Thank you for the kind words.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The loss of a beloved pet that loved you as much as you loved it is the saddest thing as sad as if not more the a human loved ones passing! I am still so sad after several years with 2 cats and our dogs passing the dogs to old age and the cats to cars. Then the dog where Jeff works someone poisioed him! Since then no more they wont have another it hurt to much, when they know it could happen again. I went to the vet and sat with him everyday in the cage til he passed. :'(

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
So sorry for your loss, nowheels.

TnMountains said:
I always say I will never have another after losing one because it is so tough. But they are great friends. Sorry for your loss.

That's the policy we adopted after our last dog had to be put down after a failed back surgery. Then one Christmas someone gave us the most amazing companion we could ever find. (was totally against the idea at first) She's helped us through everything and we wouldn't trade her for the world. I still remind myself that her life will be shorter than mine, so that I might be better prepared.

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry for your loss .....Last year I lost my 10 year old little 4 pound smokey gray chihauhau "Smokey"....he was my little treasure hunting buddy....always ready to go and find the goodies....When we lived in Texas after the wife and I married....I would come home from work and grab the detector and he would see me and run for the door...once he was out in the yard with me and he started scratching at the ground and I decided to run the coil over the spot and hit a silver dime.....after we moved home to Arkansas, we gave him to my wife's aunt...she had a chihauhau and they played together and became buddies...so we left him with her and he stayed with her til he died....I still saw him every day and loved on him like he was mine...miss that little bugger....it was like losing a child.....like a large piece of my heart was ripped out.....one of these days you will see your angel again.... you never forget them and they wont forget you....

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Pudsbrat said:
So sorry for your loss .....Last year I lost my 10 year old little 4 pound smokey gray chihauhau "Smokey"....he was my little treasure hunting buddy....always ready to go and find the goodies....When we lived in Texas after the wife and I married....I would come home from work and grab the detector and he would see me and run for the door...once he was out in the yard with me and he started scratching at the ground and I decided to run the coil over the spot and hit a silver dime.....after we moved home to Arkansas, we gave him to my wife's aunt...she had a chihauhau and they played together and became buddies...so we left him with her and he stayed with her til he died....I still saw him every day and loved on him like he was mine...miss that little bugger....it was like losing a child.....like a large piece of my heart was ripped out.....one of these days you will see your angel again.... you never forget them and they wont forget you....

Thank you!

Digging Fool

Feb 12, 2010
In the Southern Pines
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Tesoro Silver, Tiger Shark, HH Pirate
Y'all have my sympathy. We had a Boston Terrier that was our "child", and he died of cancer last April 20th. Was 11 years old. I know how bad it hurts. I have been wanting another pet, but the wife won't hear of it. We're still greiving.

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Digging Fool said:
Y'all have my sympathy. We had a Boston Terrier that was our "child", and he died of cancer last April 20th. Was 11 years old. I know how bad it hurts. I have been wanting another pet, but the wife won't hear of it. We're still greiving.

We can't bring ourselves to throw her bed out yet. It' still in the same place in the living room and her ashes are on it :( We are
looking at puppies though, the house just doesn't feel right without a dog any more!

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
We lost our beloved dog 4 years ago, and we still have'nt scattered her ashes. I say to my hubby "isn't it time to let her go now" he replies "I will go and scatter them in the park soon where she liked to go and play" She never left his side, I think it's too hard for him to take that final step. Sorry about the loss of your dog Shaun, we won't be getting another dog now. Not sure if we could go thru the heartache again.

U.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm so sorry for your loss. Some day you will see your pup again.

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Thanks Unicorn and Extracor!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Shaun,

Having just lost my Tank,
I saw this post and the sadness rushes back.
My condolences for your loss, to you and your family.

Your friend had a great home filled with love.
and will always be close especially in your heart.

They do fill a hole in our heart that would be noticeably empty having not known them.
I have learned that I can love them enough to let them go.
They do understand.
I hope you can get past it and find room to share your special love with another friend,
They help us understand life. They give love in a way no human can.
they make us want to be better people.

once again ,,, I am so sorry for your loss.

Thom

stilldign

Oct 21, 2007
Shaun,
Your story reminds me that one of the very truest of treasures in this life are our pets.
I lost my dog of twelve years last year. He had cancer and I knew that the only humane thing to do was to put him down. Max (my dog's name), watched me dig his grave just before I took him to the vet.
Once at the vet I was told that Max would have to be muzzled as the injection was given. I said "no way in hell...." He had never been muzzled in life and I was damned if he would be muzzled as he died.
I held Max, very closely, as the injection was given. I felt him go limp as I cried like a baby. This was my treasure hunting buddy, my protector, my life.
Even as I write this I am tearing up, remembering the laughter that he brought to my life, remembering the sadness of that day when I lost my best friend.
The sadness (and the great memories) continue to this very day........
Shaun, I know what you are going through. I am so sorry.

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Thanks Thom and Stilldign!

I really appreciate everyone's kind words!

When we get back from visiting my parents in May/June we're going to get an Alaskan Malamute. I don't like not having a dog
in the house! I'm going to be very fussy though :-\

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
remember theres lots of "needy" furry freinds out there that "need" your love to live -- their at pounds everywhere -- and with your love they

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions