• suppliers & returns-2.JPG
    suppliers & returns-2.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 488

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I'm learning solidworks right now. I'm a long way off from where you're at.

Incidentally, the reason I'm learning solidworks is because I cant' get someone that wants to earn a little extra on the side. I always deal with people that create electronics, and I can do that for them, but when it comes to someone that needs to create a plastic enclosure for that PCB, there is no one available. that's why I'm trying to do it myself. No one wants to get on board with plastics... and that's where I'm at right now.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
By the way... I have a large number of files in autocad that my dead dad created, that were autocad related. If' you would like to use them, I'll be more than happy to send them your way. shoot me you private email address and I'll give you the link.

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
The house is either to small or I have to much junk!

With 5686.9889 square ft do you think is a small house? The junk is the typical junk you can see in any american house.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool. I need to do a post of the fancy restorations I do and some of my creative construction. Does the program break down all the mechanical and electrical and can you install a fire sprinkler system into it? Neat stuff here !

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Really cool. I need to do a post of the fancy restorations I do and some of my creative construction. Does the program break down all the mechanical and electrical and can you install a fire sprinkler system into it? Neat stuff here

Yes. The Auto Cad MEP 2009, 2010 can do architecture design as well as MEP design including fire sprinkler.It has a tool palettes where include many blocks in 3D including for fire spinkler valves and you can drag it into your DWG and create a whole fire sprinkler system by floor in 3D.

Send me a small sample sketch of what you do and may be I can help you with no charge.

Architecad

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Archicad... I sent you a PM and email about my dads stuff (150 megs so you'll have to download it).

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Looks good. I like it all on one level, as you get older climbing stairs sucks.I have designed my dream house also. I don't have it in CAD right now, just a rough sketch on paper. It is all self contained, producing all electricity,water, sewer,and inside garden for growing vegetables indoor during the winter.It will all be located underground, with 2 drive in garges,living room,kitchen-dining room,pantry,walk in cooler,4 bedrooms, 2/12 baths, a sunroom, washroom,exercise-game room,garden,and library/study. i need to draw it my CAD, when I get a chance. rockhound

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
rockhound said:
Looks good. I like it all on one level, as you get older climbing stairs sucks.I have designed my dream house also. I don't have it in CAD right now, just a rough sketch on paper. It is all self contained, producing all electricity,water, sewer,and inside garden for growing vegetables indoor during the winter.It will all be located underground, with 2 drive in garges,living room,kitchen-dining room,pantry,walk in cooler,4 bedrooms, 2/12 baths, a sunroom, washroom,exercise-game room,garden,and library/study. i need to draw it my CAD, when I get a chance. rockhound

I'm sorry to take time to respond. Do you need to put some sketch dwg in Cad file? Send me a PM for more detail

Arch

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Thanks for the offer. I just haven't taken the time to sit down and do it. I was just dreaming a while back and sketched a drawing of my dream home. I have changec it a couple times since, but that's as far as I have got. When I get time to do the cad design, I will make a 3D design of it. I guess I don't need to be in any hurry, as I'm not anywhere ready to build it yet.If anyone is planning on actually building a house like this,I've done extensive research into Earth shelter homes, and would be glad to help.Thanks again for the offer. rockhound

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
architecad said:
Really cool. I need to do a post of the fancy restorations I do and some of my creative construction. Does the program break down all the mechanical and electrical and can you install a fire sprinkler system into it? Neat stuff here

Yes. The Auto Cad MEP 2009, 2010 can do architecture design as well as MEP design including fire sprinkler.It has a tool palettes where include many blocks in 3D including for fire spinkler valves and you can drag it into your DWG and create a whole fire sprinkler system by floor in 3D.

Send me a small sample sketch of what you do and may be I can help you with no charge.

Architecad

Oppps I am just getting back to this post. What happens to me is I get an article out of Southern living and customers say that is what I want so I build it. I will get permission from my customers to show some of my stuff.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
How about this for the front/side elevation. LOL
They didn't have cad when I was doing it!
Now I reconstruct old buildings in my computer.

Attachments

• 05062v.jpg
    05062v.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 05062v.jpg
    05062v.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 250

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Architecad:

Interesting design.

I presume that it is intended for a temperate climate ?

I used to spend quite a bit of my younger years laying out "fantasy" home designs. Learned a LOT when I actually built a house with my own two hands, and then spent subsequent years paying all of the associated costs living in it.

My definition of "fantasy" home has changed substantially.........Now, if the housing market would just recover enough fo me to move and sell this place..........

Diggem'

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Actually that is a 1890 photo taken in France, not the caption it is the location. I now do photography fine art prints and painting and this is copywrite free, I used the image in a painting.
My home burned down about 11 years ago. So I designed and built my new home with some help from my sons. Dug the footers, by hand after I layed them out with a laser level and string. You know the old 3' 4' 5' to get a square corner. I bought the concrete and poured the 35'X50' slab in 4 sections carefully placing 2000' of PEX tubing in 4 zones in the concrete for my heating system that I designed using a HW heater to heat the home. I then set the pressure treated wall plates on polyurethane foam on the slab attached by the cast in anchor bolts. the front 21' of roof is truss which I had made up at a factory. The remaining rafters are 2x10s. The aluminum roof is a standard 4/12 pitch on 4" purloins. The house replaces the old converted bank granary so the main level and the top level can be entered from ground level. The wiring is all #12 or larger so my smallest breaker is 20amp. The receptacles are 6' apart instead of the 12' max requirement. The main drain is 4" and runs the length of the house with a 4" vent on each end. They exit out the back wall and extend the required 18" above the roof. The walls have 4" of plastic inclosed fiberglass insulation and a 2" T&G extruded polystyrene covering on the outside covered by a top grade exterior particle board. The footers and slab extend out far enough so I can ad stone later on. I designed and built the alarm system. I installed Rg6 wiring for the sat system that I installed. I prewired for phones. There is 6" of fiberglass in the roof. Actually I can heat the House with 3 15amp portable heaters as low as 30 degrees keeping the house at 70. It sits on six acres and has an attached spring house with an artisan spring for a water supp. The spring flows under the house giving me a 58 degree base to heat or cool from. I rambled on a bit but that's basically what I got.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread